Diablo® III

Goblin Portals: A Logical Flaw

09/01/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Amaljia
In my personal opinion, I believe they added it as a further "bonus" to doing bounties.

I agree and even if you think about it bounties should imply large payouts and with the vaults the way they are you can really get that feeling if you stick with it for long enough.

So in the end if players associate rifts with items then they should associate bounties with gold.
Edited by Malevo#1666 on 9/1/2014 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Calm
09/01/2014 10:42 AMPosted by JayDog
The problem with Goblin portals opening in a rift is that there is no quick way to return to where you left the rift. The goblin portals, when completed, leave you with no way out other than returning to town... and why should they, they are for goblins, not for allowing you to return to where you found the portal. So you'd have to return to town, and then re-enter the rift from the beginning to get back to where you were... that would especially be an issue with greater rifts.

Then add an exit. I'm sure portals go both ways.

Again, why should they? It's the goblin's treasure realm... you're not supposed to be there, so why should it have a portal to send you back after you scavenge all their gold away? ;)
Reply Quote
In my personal opinion, I believe they added it as a further "bonus" to doing bounties. Right now, bounties just aren't that rewarding anymore. Not when you can get 2-3 legs doing a rift in less time. I do wish they would add/change something more, so that no matter what you're doing, you're still having fun and that chance at better legs

If you can find a party that wants to do Bounties that isn't in A1 Normal then I will gladly start doing more Bounties again. :)
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Calm
09/01/2014 10:42 AMPosted by JayDog
The problem with Goblin portals opening in a rift is that there is no quick way to return to where you left the rift. The goblin portals, when completed, leave you with no way out other than returning to town... and why should they, they are for goblins, not for allowing you to return to where you found the portal. So you'd have to return to town, and then re-enter the rift from the beginning to get back to where you were... that would especially be an issue with greater rifts.

my portal only has an exit Kappa

as for the topic, the only multitask in conjunction with portal farming is to key farm
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Again, why should they? It's the goblin's treasure realm... you're not supposed to be there, so why should it have a portal to send you back after you scavenge all their gold away? ;)

Goblins have to get around somewhow. Unless portals are for emergency-use only. :p
Edited by Calm#1224 on 9/1/2014 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They spawn in bounties I've had 2 so far
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Calm
In my personal opinion, I believe they added it as a further "bonus" to doing bounties. Right now, bounties just aren't that rewarding anymore. Not when you can get 2-3 legs doing a rift in less time. I do wish they would add/change something more, so that no matter what you're doing, you're still having fun and that chance at better legs

If you can find a party that wants to do Bounties that isn't in A1 Normal then I will gladly start doing more Bounties again. :)

Why must you be in a public game for it? You could always take a little break from the *Race to the top* ~ I'm talking about the hope of getting those BIS items ASAP, and do some solo casual, every once in awhile, bounty runs. Think of it as the cherry on top of the cake (provided you like cherries). Thing is, if you think about it, the devs meant it just as such. This is why you can't simply jump in someone's game once they get the portal.

I have played a lot (7-8 hours a day if not longer) since the patch went live and I've only seen the treasure vault twice! Once on the americas and once on europe seasonal. Would I wish for more? Heck yeah! But I'll take whatever I can get
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Players have been asking for the Goblin portal since game release. Now they have it. Players have been asking why all the rewards are in Rifts and asking for the rest of Adventure mode to be a bit more rewarding. Blizzard seems to have simply responded to those requests. Rifts have the buff to Leg find and the rest of Adventure mode has possible goblin portals. To me it feel fair and I rather like it. I no longer feel like I am missing out on something by not doing Rifts. Lets me switch things up and still feel like I might get cool rewards. Maybe that is just me though.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Amaljia
09/01/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Calm

Why must you be in a public game for it? You could always take a little break from the *Race to the top* ~ I'm talking about the hope of getting those BIS items ASAP, and do some solo casual, every once in awhile, bounty runs. Think of it as the cherry on top of the cake (provided you like cherries). Thing is, if you think about it, the devs meant it just as such. This is why you can't simply jump in someone's game once they get the portal.

I have played a lot (7-8 hours a day if not longer) since the patch went live and I've only seen the treasure vault twice! Once on the americas and once on europe seasonal. Would I wish for more? Heck yeah! But I'll take whatever I can get

What's the benefit of soloing Bounties? It's way faster to do it in a group.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Calm

What's the benefit of soloing Bounties? It's way faster to do it in a group.

You're probably right, I just don't play well with others ;)
Reply Quote
It's perfectly fine that goblins in rifts don't spawn portals. You're in the rift to kill the RG, not to hunt for goblins. Not to mention that the goblins in rifts already have the bonus of a higher leg drop than their cousins outside the rift.

As for grifts, god why would anyone want that, the idea is to speed run them. Having goblins that drop loot is counterproductive and having them spawn the portal would be even worse.

Besides the end game shouldn't be rift or die, we need some stuff out in the regular world so that it serves a purpose. Bounties and keywardens (I'd say one of the worst aspects of the game give the RNG, right up there with enchanting) don't really do a good job of making use of the world zones. Gobbies will help, mostly areas with corridors, but maybe enough people will either have perma-slow builds or get bane of the trapped to rank 25, that the more open zones will see more use during goblin farming.
Reply Quote
Perhaps. There are still issues with Bounty-only Goblin Portals. It seems they don't work anywhere.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
09/01/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Calm
Perhaps. There are still issues with Bounty-only Goblin Portals. It seems they don't work anywhere.

I am not sure what you mean by this. There are no Bounty Only goblin portals. The portals can open anywhere at all in Adventure mode except rifts. You could just be doing Achievements or running your favorite map for fun. It does not have to be a Bounty. It just has to be outside a Rift.
Reply Quote
I imagine they're meant to be an element that helps to, you know, make non-Rift play more interesting. That is, when you're running Bounties, farming Keywardens, or having a weird urge to replay story-mode again.

I'm sure Blizzard didn't intend for them to be a bonus on top of what we already get from Rifts.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Calm

First there are no bounty only goblin portals. Also never had an issue with them not working. Only way, I could see you having this issue. Is if you're jumping into a game after the portal has spawned, you have to be in game when it spawns, in order to enter.
Reply Quote
Don't you think the reason they did it this way was to get you to play more then rifts?
Reply Quote
By "Bounty-only" I mean anywhere but Rifting. If you're like most people you won't just go off and farm your "favorite map". Guess I could start clearing Whimsy again. Unless there's a restriction on that as well. ;)
Reply Quote
More goblin portals. My quiver is at 1.5 million per reroll now.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Calm
Goblin portals do spawn in Story Mode.

Pretty sure they're adventure mode only. That keeps vanilla players from getting it.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:20 PMPosted by DrunkTank
09/01/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Calm
Goblin portals do spawn in Story Mode.

Pretty sure they're adventure mode only. That keeps vanilla players from getting it.

You are correct. I made a little edit after it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]