Diablo® III

Goblin Portals: A Logical Flaw

09/01/2014 10:29 AMPosted by Sinobu
It's not boring, it's retard. It's another layer of RNG for you!
Looking for random *RNG) gob spawn, kill it, hoping when it dies, it will spawn a portal (RNG)!

09/01/2014 10:29 AMPosted by Sinobu
It's not boring, it's retard. It's another layer of RNG for you!
Looking for random *RNG) gob spawn, kill it, hoping when it dies, it will spawn a portal (RNG)!

gob portal it will be a myth just like cow rift and probably the gift that adds sokets

u will get them when u will not need them anymore
Reply Quote
All I hear is op is lazy to go outside rifts to try and find portal cry me a river. Don't like it tough !@#$ it's designed that way I got 5 portals already in bounties I see no problem at all.
Reply Quote
FFS, there's no issue here. I've gotten 3 vaults by just doing random bounties. If all you're doing is running around hunting specifically for the goblins, you're just going to upset yourself. If you're that hard up for gold, bounties aren't a terrible place to start anyways.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Doobletons
It is an incentive to do something outside of rifts.

Yet Blizzard discourage you to do exactly that by having not even half the Legendary drop rate in Adventure mode to that of Rifts. Kind of sends mixed signals, you know.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Vresiberba

Yet Blizzard discourage you to do exactly that by having not even half the Legendary drop rate in Adventure mode to that of Rifts. Kind of sends mixed signals, you know.

Yeah, Blizz should up the leg drop percent outside of rifts. It doesn't need to be as good as rifts, since that would make rifts pointless, but it does need to be upped a little because people will hit a point where gold isn't an issue and I have doubt that Blizz will add stuff in to spend gold on (WTB vendor that sells crafting mats and gems).
Reply Quote
A possible solution would be to add Bounties to the drop-down menu on the game select screen to encourage higher-level Bounty farming. As it is, people in public games generally do Rifts. Of course, there's no telling if people will actually use it. Also, a redesign of the drop-down menu would be needed to make sure people are more aware of said menu. It kind of just hides in the corner.

As for making drop rates outside of Rifts higher, I'm all for it. :)
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:16 PMPosted by penguinsushi
More goblin portals. My quiver is at 1.5 million per reroll now.

Thats about how much I can make in 30 seconds in a dense area with the horder gem.
Reply Quote
It does seem strange that goblins in rifts cannot spawn portals, but I think that's intended to keep the portals rare, but without a super low spawn chance. As it stands now, seeing a goblin during a bounty is exciting since it has a good chance to spawn a portal, but if all goblins could spawn portals then the chance of spawning one would have to be greatly reduced to keep vaults rare to the point that killing goblins isn't as exciting because I'll expect the portal to never spawn.

Or it could just be to make bounties more fun. It's nice to take a break from the bag grind and splash into some gold.
Reply Quote
When you're farming for keywarden.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Calm
Even low-level players can't really benefit, as we all know the most efficient way to level from 1-60 is through Rifting, preferably via a rush from a high-level, well-geared friend. At 60 we do Bounties, which is really the only time we do them besides while farming RORG.

They wouldn't benefit from it anyway, because it has to be a level 70 game. That is, unless you're referring to the abortion, Whimsydale.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:25 AMPosted by Calm

So we're supposed to go all around the game map and look for random goblin spawns. Sounds boring.

It is what it is, now end this moronic thread please.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't always g/rift and I just like to run around and kill things sometimes. Like today, I found two gob portals just running around;

http://i.imgur.com/iwXQcT8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Z3JqNj.jpg
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:42 AMPosted by JayDog
Having goblins getting a chance (possibly at a lower%?) to spawn portals in rift doesn't that bad of an idea.

The problem with Goblin portals opening in a rift is that there is no quick way to return to where you left the rift. The goblin portals, when completed, leave you with no way out other than returning to town... and why should they, they are for goblins, not for allowing you to return to where you found the portal. So you'd have to return to town, and then re-enter the rift from the beginning to get back to where you were... that would especially be an issue with greater rifts.

Yet, Blizzard in all their infinite wisdom, can add a IN and OUT portal to the whimsyshire land so you are not stuck and return to exactly where you left. Of course, the Goblin realm, they felt the need to not do this. WHY?
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Malevo
09/01/2014 12:16 PMPosted by penguinsushi
More goblin portals. My quiver is at 1.5 million per reroll now.

Thats about how much I can make in 30 seconds in a dense area with the horder gem.

Once you get Boon of the Hoarder from the goblin realm, gold is a thing of the past. You rank up the gem so it is not at 25% chance, but over 50% chance and just clearing Halls of Agony (any level) can net you upwards of 10 million plus on a medium torment level.
Edited by Relvinian#1791 on 9/1/2014 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with OP on most points.

Maybe not adding portals to greater rifts so we don't add any complexity with the timers etc, but goblin portals should most definitiely be part of rifting. Again, you are fragmenting the community by essentially forcing people do run opposing content.

+1 to goblin portals in normal rifts @ lvl 70.
Reply Quote

Bam. Good answer right here.

Rifts are too good right now, especially with the rewards offered up for doing Greater Rifts. It's almost criminal to not do rifts. This game needs more reasons to run bounties and explore dungeons, and adding in exclusive events outside of Rifts is a step in that direction.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 09:30 PMPosted by Quetzocoetl

Bam. Good answer right here.

Rifts are too good right now, especially with the rewards offered up for doing Greater Rifts. It's almost criminal to not do rifts. This game needs more reasons to run bounties and explore dungeons, and adding in exclusive events outside of Rifts is a step in that direction.

But there is no incentive.

Yes you can farm keys. Alone the process is slow and tedious and you may run into the rare goblin spawn. In groups you are forced to focus on finding Keymasters, leaving goblins where they are. I don't think I've killed one goblin while in a key farming group, but maybe that's just me.
Yes you can farm Bounties. You'll probably have to do this alone on any difficulty level besides Act 1 Normal as most people don't do Bounties other than for RORG. You may however come across the rare T1 Bounty group.
Yes you can run around aimlessly looking for goblins. But why would you?

So...yeah.
Reply Quote
Goblin portals do spawn in Bounties. However, I don't know about you but the only time I do Bounties is when I'm trying for RORG. Once I get one, I ragequit for a while out of frustration of this game and go back to doing Rifts.
]
They add a little something while you do bounties (and farm uber keys)

Goblin portals do not spawn in Rifts, where 99% of our time is spent.
Goblin portals do not spawn in Greater Rifts.

True.
But a treasure goblin mob cna spawn inside rifts, which is somewhat similar.

That being said, we could have a special rift level like the greed realm inside a rift.
Edited by Deso#1407 on 9/2/2014 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Goblins are more abundant in a Rift (in my experience) rather than outside of it in adventure mode (and yes I farm, sometimes it takes hours), sometimes a goblin mob and sometimes I come across 2-3 packs in a Rift. It's disheartening to know thy won't spawn a portal inside the Rift. It's highly advisable to include a Goblin rift while inside a Rift.Why didn't the development team make that possible? Either way, weather ur hunting gob outside a rift, there would still be a chance for a gob to spawn inside a reg Rift.

So, what's taking blizzard so long to understand the concept and not implementing this into Rifts?The question is, why isn't blizzard making this possible, why would blizzard exclude the chance for a gob to open a gob portal inside a Rift? I'm pretty sure that question has crossed many players minds already. Is it because ppl will just Rift away? Isn't that what we're already doing now anyway? Or is it because there's a greater chance to run into a gob pack/mob in a Rift, it's there anyway so it really doesn't matter if you run into them then the gob nerf will continue reducing gobs and packs inside a rift.

- Suggest enabling players to gain access to goblin Greed portal inside Rifts (regular Rifts)
- Suggest if players find goblin pack in Rift, only one pair creates portal. (usually find 8-10 gob in a pack)
Reply Quote
The most efficient way is get a group of ppl specifically hunting goblins, its really easy, do it on t5-t6 and each take your own spot where goblins spawn alot. Call out your fellow team memebers when you spot them and wait for everyone to teleport to you, i did this a few days since the buff and hit 5 vaults now, 1 giving me a trifecta taskers with near perfect rolls. Damn was i happy to see that, plus a harrington on top of it. My other buddy got his ramas gift and everyone else made millions plus gems. Take advantage of it today cause by tomorrow the odds will drop by 50% atleast...the group thing works the best IMO and when u dont find a vault in every place possible, reset game and repeat.

This is what actually makes the game more fun IMO because its something else to do, along with grifts, or upgrading gems, instead of the normal rift runs and bounty runs. Go out and hunt dem GOBS!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]