Diablo® III

Can Pet Kills Spawn Greed's Domain?

I ask because I have been farming T6 Goblins for nearly a full day, and have killed 64 Goblins (I kept count). I mostly want to complete my gem collection but could also use the Imperial gems and a gold boost.

I have been using my 3-spender sentry DH, so they always get the kill, and I haven't gotten a portal yet. I even got a rainbow goblin that I hadn't heard of today and got excited only to find that he only gives a portal to Whimsydale.

Can anyone confirm that goblins killed by pets have equal chance of spawning the portal to Greed's Domain?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
As you mentioned in your post. Sentries killed the rainbow goblin, portal spawned to whimsydale.

So.........what does that mean about portals spawning when mob is killed by pets??
Reply Quote
I'm sure it's possible they could have different rules. The rainbow goblin ALWAYS spawns rainbow portal on death. This isn't the case for goblins spawning greed's domain. It may then have some sort of proc that sentries/pets cannot proc.

Thanks for your wiseguy response though.

Again, can anyone confirm that goblins killed by pets have equal chance of spawning the portal to Greed's Domain?
Reply Quote
any1 have an answer?
Reply Quote
Confirmed. My pets/sentries do my killing for me, most of the time..
Reply Quote
View profile
Got my first vault last night with a sentry kill, split up two of the little dudes and after I ran ahead to kill one the other died from a dropped sentry. I probably had killed about 30-40 before I got lucky with a portal to the vault. I've heard others say between 50-70.

Seems pretty rare, although I'd love to see a real number rate.
They nerfed the 100% spawn in act 1 halls 2 with a hot fix because a lot of people were just gob farming there.
Reply Quote
Thanks for confirmation guys. I will continue my quest for a portal!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]