Diablo® III

Current Witch Doctor Information

best check the community site now!
Reply Quote
best check the community site now!
Reply Quote
I wasn't sure what class I wanted to be and after months of watching the game play and doing some reading on each class... Witch Doctor will be my first! Whats everyone else doing as their first class?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6Gmx-2CE8&feature=related

All day ever day. Witch Doctor for life.
Reply Quote
this sticky needs to be updated. the information is not accurate to how the witch doctor is right now.
Reply Quote
Idk if my Beta is glitching or what, but my witch doctor's mana never depletes when I cast.
i.e. I can cast bats infinitely. It's definitely fun, but can someone tell me if this is normal for Beta?
Reply Quote
Has anyone gotten a WD up to the level for Wall of Zombies yet? That's the spell I'
m most looking forward to. Hoping it's a viable option.
Reply Quote
Hows the WD goin in Beta for those that have it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The witch doctor is an odd class! LOL I am testing and checking out all the classes, so far testing out the witch doctor, gotta say I love the accent! and my fave class looks to be teh monk...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh man... I want to play D3 so bad. Witch Doctors sound like fun. Lost my Diablo 2 and I'm pissed !
Reply Quote
i just started but i don't enjoy WD...find him a less cool necromancer
Reply Quote
I'm not enjoying this class at all. The other three they have get game play. Corpse Spiders and Plague of toads as well as the Zombie charge I find totally useless. Due to the 3 dogs I have no time to bring them up to be effective,I see no point in those at all. Firebats and Fire Bomb for me works the best. I vote this class as a flop. Sorry
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
just from watching a ton of beta content on each of the classes i will agree that i feel plague of toads and corpse spiders needs to be reworked, and zombie charger needs to do something different than what it currently does. on the other hand i would like to point out that the witch doctor is all about chaining abilities to maximize damage potential.

If someone could give this a try i would be grateful to have this confirmed as i do not have a beta key.

triple haunt on initial combat against medium to large groups, followed by grasp of the dead into fire bats to clear any nearby remaining threats. Also zombie dogs fits well as support damage. Horrify can also be used as well if mobs get too close.

against smaller groups and single monsters I.E. bosses open with haunt on every target then grasp of the dead into poison dart spam with dogs as support damage.

Some other abilities that would be useful that are unavailable in the beta are gargantuan and spirit barrage for damage abilities along with locust swarm.

I have built a pvp version of this if anyone is interested
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#abcdVh!YWa!ZaZaYc

I will also be posting ability lists on the other class forums for both pve and pvp in the near future.
Edited by Deeidy on 2/14/2012 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
The calculator is fun, but it's difficult to determine how mana regen will really be, as well damage output in higher levels. If it's an issue, then I will most likely use a build like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#igVUbh!WeU!bcZZac

If it's not that big of an issue, I'll probably do something similar to yours. There is just so much we don't yet. I can't wait until the game comes out! I hope it really is Q2.
Reply Quote
The calculator is fun, but it's difficult to determine how mana regen will really be, as well damage output in higher levels. If it's an issue, then I will most likely use a build like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#igVUbh!WeU!bcZZac

If it's not that big of an issue, I'll probably do something similar to yours. There is just so much we don't yet. I can't wait until the game comes out! I hope it really is Q2.

you'll have 740 base mana at 60 and will always regen at a base of 25 mana / second

Gear and abilities will modify accordingly.
Reply Quote
just from watching a ton of beta content on each of the classes i will agree that i feel plague of toads and corpse spiders needs to be reworked, and zombie charger needs to do something different than what it currently does. on the other hand i would like to point out that the witch doctor is all about chaining abilities to maximize damage potential.

If someone could give this a try i would be grateful to have this confirmed as i do not have a beta key.

triple haunt on initial combat against medium to large groups, followed by grasp of the dead into fire bats to clear any nearby remaining threats. Also zombie dogs fits well as support damage. Horrify can also be used as well if mobs get too close.

against smaller groups and single monsters I.E. bosses open with haunt on every target then grasp of the dead into poison dart spam with dogs as support damage.

Some other abilities that would be useful that are unavailable in the beta are gargantuan and spirit barrage for damage abilities along with locust swarm.

I have built a pvp version of this if anyone is interested
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#abcdVh!YWa!ZaZaYc

I will also be posting ability lists on the other class forums for both pve and pvp in the near future.

What do you want tried? To be honest the beta is very easy once you have solid gear - most things die from Grasp of the Dead w/ groping eels.
Edited by Vixen on 2/29/2012 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
08/24/2011 12:15 AMPosted by IHGKowz
What a bizarre class!

Thats what makes it much more fun for me to play I always like to strange and bizzar classes Hell I went with Necromancer in D2 and I was unstoppable my friends looks at me and they started trying to figure out a way to stop me or they join me and become one too

Pally for D2 was my only problem...... well was my only problem lol
Reply Quote
darknel he will be cool
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]