Diablo® III

Taking off work for official D3 launch?

Anyone else planning to take some vacation days once the D3 launch date is announced? If so how many?

Depending on the day of the week, i'll probably take enough days off to keep me off work until the next weekend.

Gata go big at launch!

*Edit
Vacation or sick days?!
Edited by Tom on 8/26/2011 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah.

A good reason to avoid RealID on forums.
Reply Quote
I remember there being a news report where I live about it being one of the most prominent "sick days" in history when World of Warcraft: Cataclysm came out
Reply Quote
Yep, have two weeks set aside, outside of the 4 days I have scheduled for Uncharted 3.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Vacation time shortly afterwards. Excuse for the WoW guild to all get together for a party.
Reply Quote
I will likely take a couple days off, but not on launch day. I'll wait a few days so that Blizzards servers can calm down. But yeah at least 2 days.
Reply Quote
Yup. I've never once considered it for any other title... but for Diablo, oh god yeah I'm taking a week off work and no-lifing it for 7 days.
Reply Quote

08/26/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Skyfire
Yup. I've never once considered it for any other title... but for Diablo, oh god yeah I'm taking a week off work and no-lifing it for 7 days.

I'm the same way. Never took off work for a game launch before, but I can't resist for the D3 launch!
Reply Quote
Yep, probably take the days off leading up to the weekend to get a good 3-4 days in.
Reply Quote

I feel a sore throat coming on...
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 02:42 PMPosted by Mentoc
I will likely take a couple days off, but not on launch day. I'll wait a few days so that Blizzards servers can calm down. But yeah at least 2 days.

Blizzard's track record for recent releases has been near flawless. You don't need to make this excuse anymore.

Yep, it's been damn nice.
Reply Quote
I will definitely take off that week and depending on the time of year the next week. Hoping it overlaps with some of my companies Christmas vacation.
Reply Quote
yes i plan on taking as much time off as they will let me, i will claim it will be for school
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Nah. I was never really one to put my life on hiatus for a new game. I'll be playing it non-stop in my downtime/freetime, but I'm not going to drop everything else for it.
Reply Quote
<---Stay-at-home dad
So all i gotta do is make sure the house is clean, vacuumed, stuff like that, the day before so i'm all caught up. My son is home-schooled, so I don't even have to take him to school or anything. Just gotta take breaks to make sure he's up, and doin his schoolwork and stuff periodically. Just like any normal day.
Difference will be i haven't had a game worth pulling any 48+ hour gaming sessions in a while. Wonder how long i'll play D3 straight heh.
Reply Quote
2-3 days, hoping to tie them in before / after a weekend to maximize time with least time left from work
Reply Quote
Yeah I'm taking some days off, 2 or more :p
Reply Quote
I plan on being unemployed at that time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]