Diablo® III

Media Key vs Friends & Family

I'd like to ask anyone, who might know this answer, when media beta keys are handed out, can friends / family also have a chance of receiving a beta key if we were on that "list" of friends and family? In other words, can a blizzard employee hook a family up during this phase?

*Edit* from what i heard, the media needs to respond no later then the 30th, would this go for the same for us friends / family?
Edited by Vampiro on 8/26/2011 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
friends and family of whom? the media outlets? I know at some point the beta participants can be given keys to give to a friend or family, but i dont expect this until a short time after the beta has started. Beta keys are given to media outlets to give information and reviews to the rest of the community, not because they think they and their friends and family are special.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Your friend/family member will be sending you an actual beta key once they are available, if it will be anything like SC2. That said, it might take a week or so after the beta starts before they finally get the keys to send out.
Edited by Maged on 8/26/2011 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
Yeah, what Maged said. I believe as of current, it's strictly for Press/Fansites only.
What Maged said, with the exception that, they don't actually send out keys any more. Please keep that in mind folks. Blizzard no longer EVER sends out keys. So don't get scammed if you get a key in your email, it's fake.

Friends and Family members will get activated just like regular beta members. Your friend/family employee will have to add your battle.net email address to a list, and then it gets activated, just like if you got selected. So bug them =P
Edited by Wingbane on 8/26/2011 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Infamous
friends and family of whom? the media outlets? I know at some point the beta participants can be given keys to give to a friend or family, but i dont expect this until a short time after the beta has started. Beta keys are given to media outlets to give information and reviews to the rest of the community, not because they think they and their friends and family are special.

Sorry for the confusion, but what i was refering to is - Once the media gets access, can an employee from blizzard, hand a key out to a friend / family?
Reply Quote
MVP
08/26/2011 08:28 PMPosted by Vampiro
Sorry for the confusion, but what i was refering to is - Once the media gets access, can an employee from blizzard, hand a key out to a friend / family?

He's right, your friend/family member should be able to add your Battle.net account to the Beta, if they ask for it. You shouldn't have to worry about getting a key.
- Diablo IncGamers
57 Orc Warlock
Yes, Friends and Family keys are going out as well as press keys.

Elly
--------------------------------
The Unofficial Diablo 3 Site Since 1997
http//diablo.incgamers.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]