Diablo® III

Will it be P2P ?

85 Blood Elf Mage
I mean i heard about the Auction house system... but im not very sure if its pay to play or not
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Diablo!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Expect their to be fee's associated with every step of the real-money auction house, similar in nature to eBay's fee setup.

If you want to bid, bidding is free. This encourages a larger market of buyers who will put cash into the system. Blizzard gets to hold onto that cash and feasibly earn interest off of it.

If you want to sell an item, expect an initial "listing fee" probably in the ballpark of 5cents-1dollar depending on your initial price/buyout for the item.

If your item sells, expect a final-sale-based fee (usually a %, based on thresholds) to be charged to the seller.

Once you have the other guys money, if you want to withdraw the cash to your real world bank account, expect a fee for that as well.

I doubt they would charge an 'account maintenance fee' for keeping money in your blizzard account, since that would encourage people to remove it quickly, and its better for blizz if you keep your money safe with them (in their bank account).

To play the actual game, overlooking the AH, you will just buy the box and install. If its not free-for-life id imagine it would be a death sentance to this title since thats what players have grown used to in the past, and going from "buy the box" to a "monthly subscription" model of payment is always a very, very, rough transition.
Reply Quote

If you want to sell an item, expect an initial "listing fee" probably in the ballpark of 5cents-1dollar depending on your initial price/buyout for the item.

If your item sells, expect a final-sale-based fee (usually a %, based on thresholds) to be charged to the seller.

blizzard has stated the fees will not be percentage base and will be a flat fee. Source: real money auction house FAQ
Reply Quote
Raikwon
80 Blood Elf Mage
We Are The End
I mean i heard about the Auction house system... but im not very sure if its pay to play or not
Its Diablo man, which says it all, FREE
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]