Diablo® III

fundamental issues of RMAH. not a hate thread

hey everyone, i was just thinking about how much i understood when bliz went with the rmah, it just really doesnt make sense. It seems like it was better off when people dfid it on sketchy websites.

First of all, its a hastle to have to go out, research a bunch of sites and create an account, blah blah blah all this garbage. When i found a sick item i just thought "screw it. im just gonna go get a rune for it"

But now its just that much easier. Plus, if you want to take that lame shortcut, you SHOULD have the risk of being scammed. youre not exactly playing by the rules yourself. maybe getting burned would teach you a lesson.

I also just cant say enough how much it stinks that gold might not have much value anymore. i was really excited to get rich in diablo money and just buy up whatever new item came out. i hope we dont end up just dropping stacks of gold to noobs so they can respec and buy vendor gear.

the bottom line is that you wont trade an item you can get fifteen bucks for. Hell thats a nice deli sandwich lunch or something. Way better than spending more money on a game basically racing to the point that you will be bored by the game, burning the candle on both ends, that you already spent 60 bucks on.

So basically blizzard is just sacrificing some game aspects in order to add a small cash "calf" to diablo.

Again, i guess understandable, but its just a more satisfying consumer experience to not ever have to have those thoughts of like "hm i feel like im getting a little shorted here, but i understand why they have to do it"

I would be interested to see how much money they project to make. Windforces used to be like 20 bucks i remember at one point, maybe im way off but i remember something like that.

Reply Quote
You don't even need to search for the other RMAH threads, they are all over right now, not to mention your post doesn't really come to any conclusions or ask open ended questions. RMAH is the future, people just need to realize it's going to take time to settle and be optimal.
Reply Quote
But now its just that much easier. Plus, if you want to take that lame shortcut, you SHOULD have the risk of being scammed. youre not exactly playing by the rules yourself. maybe getting burned would teach you a lesson.

This statement is so arrogant i dont even know were to begin. No one deserves to have the risk of being scammed especially for a video game, the fact that you think they should be scammed for buying virtual items for a video game makes you sound like a shallow arrogant smuck who has probably never earned a dollar in his life.

Frankly i doubt you even have a life outside of video games to begin with. And this is hardly an assumption by the way you act.

I hope that every copy of D3 you buy has a CD key that was either stolen or doesnt work, and you cant return it for your money back. Id rather have smucks like you away from this game as your not old enough to play it.

For you to think your better than someone who actually earns his money by being a contributing member of society is beyond hilarious.

TO SUM IT UP, GROW UP.
Edited by ACPRO on 8/26/2011 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 08:39 PMPosted by gzaGENIUS
Again, i guess understandable, but its just a more satisfying consumer experience to not ever have to have those thoughts of like "hm i feel like im getting a little shorted here, but i understand why they have to do it"
You don't have to have thoughts like that.
Edited by Solus on 8/26/2011 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fail thread is fail *thumbs down*
Reply Quote
First of all, its a hastle to have to go out, research a bunch of sites and create an account, blah blah blah all this garbage. When i found a sick item i just thought "screw it. im just gonna go get a rune for it"
Not sure what research you think you're going to have to do, or what account you think you're going to have to create. Since, if you put it on the RMAH, the money goes to your battle.net account, which, if you find an item in Diablo 3, you already HAVE..../facepalm

if you want to take that lame shortcut, you SHOULD have the risk of being scammed. youre not exactly playing by the rules yourself. maybe getting burned would teach you a lesson.
Not playing by what rules, exactly? Uh, news flash, if Blizzard is putting the RMAH in the game, i'm pretty sure that selling items for real money IN THE GAME, is allowed in the rules....could be wrong....i dunno, maybe my reading comprehension skills need work, i have been out of school for a while, perhaps this is something new they teach.

I also just cant say enough how much it stinks that gold might not have much value anymore. i was really excited to get rich in diablo money and just buy up whatever new item came out. i hope we dont end up just dropping stacks of gold to noobs so they can respec and buy vendor gear.
Yeah, you're totally right. There won't ever be anything on the regular auction house. Clearly everyone is only going to put things on the RMAH. /nod.....

the bottom line is that you wont trade an item you can get fifteen bucks for. Hell thats a nice deli sandwich lunch or something. Way better than spending more money on a game basically racing to the point that you will be bored by the game, burning the candle on both ends, that you already spent 60 bucks on.
You mention not trading an item, so, what would you be trading it for? Presumably another item of equal value normally, right? Why is trading it for a comparable amount of currency, either in-game, or real world, any different? That is how trade and barter works ya know? Not sure how it would be any different then if i offered you said deli sandwich for that item you wanted to trade away. Again, maybe i just learned a different set of logic when i was in school, because i clearly do not follow yours.

So basically blizzard is just sacrificing some game aspects in order to add a small cash "calf" to diablo.
Can you show me what aspects of game are being sacrificed in order for them to have added the RMAH? I must have missed the interviews where they explained that part.

How are you getting shorted? AGAIN i simply do not follow your logic or reasoning. Could you please elaborate? If you feel like you're going to be getting shorted, don't buy the game. Fairly simple.

I would be interested to see how much money they project to make. Windforces used to be like 20 bucks i remember at one point, maybe im way off but i remember something like that.
How much money "who" projects to make? Blizzard is only making a small fee per listing, and another small fee if the item sells. No percentage based sales. Plus the fact that we're going to get a small number of free listings per week, where they only charge us if the item sells on those.

Please, answer my questions, i'd really like to hear your responses. You make little to no actual substantive points beyond these wild accusatory (and largely false or made up) statements.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]