Diablo® III

Casting and Attack Speed

Will cast rate affect the Wizard spell disintegrate? Will it do damage quicker or does its tick rate not change? Will attack speed increase the Monks attack amount or rate with Seven-sided Strike? Does the Barbarian's Whirlwind attack rate increase with attack speed and/or weapon speed?
Reply Quote
No, cast rate will not affect the Wizard's disintegrate spell. In other words, there will be a cool down, however, the way the beam moves does not have to do with your cast rate.
Reply Quote
If I recall from the Blizzcon last year Disintegrate did not have a cooldown. I am talking about its damage per second. If by default it ticks for (x amount 5 times a second) will gaining 20% increased cast rate through passives/runes/gear move it to (x amount 6 times per second). I ask because end game gear may have enough Increases in attack or casting rate to make spells such as this obsolete to spells that are increased.
Edited by Gusy on 8/27/2011 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
It wouldn't make much sense to me if cast speed didn't effect it.

For Vadof: If it's anything like Diablo 2 the gear system will be complicated enough that there will be many different stats you can focus on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]