Diablo® III

Greetings...

Would like to introduce my self to this awesome comunity and hope to see you in the beta. (If I get in of course.)

Ill start off by posting some information of me and my many experiances with this industry. You may ask yourself, "Who is this guy?" Well I am going to start of by saying I am noone special, other then a guy who enjoys video games. I been into video games since i got my first atari and that special circle controller for astroids. "Beep Boop" Those where the good days. Running memory programs to get diablo to run on a 486, or die trying. Then getting a ati rage card to try to run Diablo 2 on a Pentium machine. I only regret that people just getting into the diablo IP didnt experiance that stuff.

I am currentlly unemployed after getting the shaft from EA-Mythic. (LAYOFF) Its a shame because I got to meet the CEO Mark and he was a down to earth good guy. I was in game support for Warhammer Online. I was a big fan of mythic ever since Dark Age of Camelot came out. I remember trying to tweak 56k modems to even get online in that game. The sense of acomplishment in that game, is something you dont see in MMO anymore. I am joining this comunity to try to help avoid the loss of that feeling you get when you do something worth while. All your efforts payed off in the end, or even just imediate satisfaction.

But I digress, half of me is writing this email to maybe get noticed and picked for the beta. Does that make me a bad guy? Maybe it does but you cant blame me for trying. :)

I have been unemployed for more then a year now and I am looking for a outlet to express my intrest and knowledge. Maybe I have too much free time on my hand. But I meant everything I said and hope that you guys atleast read and respond to me, and by you guys I mean the diablo comunity.

On a side note, whats your guys earliest memory of the Diablo IP?

TLDR; Hello :)
Reply Quote
Hello, welcome, and yes you are a terrible person trying to steal my beta spot.

Hope you find a satisfactory job soon, eh?

Reply Quote
Thank you!!!

Who knows we might both be in the beta.

Here in CT the unemployment rate is pretty high. So its real hard because there is usually alot of other people trying to get that same job. Since im not a cutt throat type of person I lose out on positions that I should be in.
Edited by Vistage on 8/25/2011 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wow didnt think this would get buried so fast
Reply Quote
heyo..

welcome to the NWO lol.

Like you I am in the same boat. But it's been 2 years now. I did however prepare for this rainy day, so I'm taking the time to build a house, ride my Ducati and enjoy gaming. Just not alot out there it seems. I am drafting some game ideas on the side, but honestly as a hobby more than anything else. Burnout runs deep.

Lets hope the beta gods are favorable. :) and Mark is a swell chap. Have had the opportunity to converse with him on several occasions before EA.

nice to meet you and gl with the Beta invite!
cheers
fu.
Reply Quote
It sucks what EA did... I dont have the full story but he no longer works for the company he built up from the ground up. I feel bad in that situation because i probably wouldnt of happened if Mythic stayed Mythic.

I dont know how you do it, I can never ride a motorcycle. I would constantlly have the fear of hiting a huge rock and not stabalizing the bike. Speaking of rainy day I hope you guys are preparing for Irene. :) Well the east coast anyways. Good luck with the house.
Reply Quote
Hi Vistage! Welcome. The forums move pretty fast, and it's a big community, so your thread will get buried. Sorry about that. My very first memory of the franchise was playing Diablo 1 at a pal's place and seeing his ranger and the fallen and the goat men and the butcher and the dyin guy in front of the cathedral ("Please, listen to me!") and DAT MUSIC. I was hooked immediately. Spectacular game was spectacular.
Reply Quote
Pal's Palace? Is that a lan center? Yea the music was great i remember trying to learn the tristram riff on the guitar. But I couldnt get a fx pedal that produced the same sound. I almost want to see if my game will run in windows 7. I just havent tried because i thought it was a lost cause.
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Vistage
Pal's Palace? Is that a lan center? Yea the music was great i remember trying to learn the tristram riff on the guitar. But I couldnt get a fx pedal that produced the same sound. I almost want to see if my game will run in windows 7. I just havent tried because i thought it was a lost cause.

I think he meant pal as in friend.

If you get a Beta invite, you should share with me. Because sharing is caring. (joking of course)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Y HELLO THAR!
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 10:27 AMPosted by Fanahlia
Y HELLO THAR!

ARRR :)
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Vistage
Lulz, yeah. I said pals place. Not palace. Small difference. :P Just at a friends house when I was in middle school for a play date. Also, for some reason I said ranger when I meant rogue. Woops.

08/26/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Skyfire
If you get a Beta invite, you should share with me. Because sharing is caring. (joking of course)
No, sharing is PIRACY AND COMMUNISM.
Reply Quote
Well I feel like a semi moron,... teaches me to reply to something I only read once.
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 01:21 PMPosted by rhamutap
I have been unemployed for more then a year now and I am looking for a outlet to express my intrest and knowledge. Maybe I have too much free time on my hand.

Are you currently receiving unemployment benefits?

I was but not anymore, I am a 99 weeker.
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Mentoc
Unemployed for over a year? How does that happen? I would think you'd find a job by accident by then. Or are you above flipping burgers because you're better than that and would rather leech off of the workers that are slowly becoming the minority in this country?
Rabble rabble rabble.
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 01:39 PMPosted by Mentoc
Rabble rabble rabble.

Hamburgler? Is that you?!
Naw, that'd be robble robble. Rabble rabble rabble is the sound of South Park's angry mob. But if you had hamburgers to offer I would not turn them down, good sir.
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Mentoc
Unemployed for over a year? How does that happen? I would think you'd find a job by accident by then. Or are you above flipping burgers because you're better than that and would rather leech off of the workers that are slowly becoming the minority in this country?

You would think... but as i stated CT unemployment rate is above 9 percent. I am over qaulified for burger king and MC Donalds. I also worked for cablevision and I have a strong IT background. All the IT jobs that I qaulify for are in some other state. Maybe when I had some money coming in i could of moved then I probably would of lost my state unemployment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]