Diablo® III

Can a blue fill us in on the rune system?

08/26/2011 07:17 PMPosted by Chasman
I would like to see the runes treated like any other magic drop and be unidentified save for rune type (Obsidium, Gold , etc.) When you identify it you see what stat mods it has before you put it in a skill. That way you don't lock a rune into a skill type unless it is one you want to use for that skill only finding out it is useless to you stat wise after you equip it to the skill. This way, if you dont like it you can sell it on AH so maybe another class can use it.

I like this idea, but why not have both? Have runes drop in the games as the colors and also blank gray unattuned runes that only display level. For that awesome Diablo randomness factor.
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
08/26/2011 07:35 PMPosted by MrSadistic
I would like to see the runes treated like any other magic drop and be unidentified save for rune type (Obsidium, Gold , etc.) When you identify it you see what stat mods it has before you put it in a skill. That way you don't lock a rune into a skill type unless it is one you want to use for that skill only finding out it is useless to you stat wise after you equip it to the skill. This way, if you dont like it you can sell it on AH so maybe another class can use it.

I like this idea, but why not have both? Have runes drop in the games as the colors and also blank gray unattuned runes that only display level. For that awesome Diablo randomness factor.

Thaat is actually a cool idea too. Have some drop that you can tell what type it is but also have some completely unidentified. I like it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]