Diablo® III

Subtitles During Cutscenes or Throughout Game

A forum member asked whether subtitles would be available in Diablo 3. After answering his question with an easy "yes," I then realized his dilemma. His primary language is French, and although he has learned a lot of english, he understands the written language more than trying to catch as many words as possible with fast-spoken dialogue.

The intent of his question was not asking whether subtitles would be available during cutscenes, but if they would be available for quest text and basic interaction dialogues between the player's character and vendors/crafters, companions and anyone else we would meet in the world.

This is an interesting question to which I do not know the answer!
Edited by Shoji on 8/28/2011 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
4 Orc Warrior
Well, why not? Subtitles aren't just for people with multiple languages. Hard of hearing, for example...
Reply Quote
And who just what to read text. Can't confirm for D3 but in the Wings of Liberty's singleplayer/story mode cutscenes and the cinematic ones did include the option of including subtitles bellow. (So did WC3 I think) The D3 Team will no doubt continue keeping that that feature.
Reply Quote
A forum member asked whether subtitles would be available in Diablo 3. After answering his question with an easy "yes," I then realized his dilemma. His primary language is French, and although he has learned a lot of english, he understands the written language more than trying to catch as many words as possible with fast-spoken dialogue.

The intent of his question was not asking whether subtitles would be available during cutscenes, but if they would be available for quest text and basic interaction dialogues between the player's character and vendors/crafters, companions and anyone else we would meet in the world.

This is an interesting question to which I do not know the answer!

This should be an obvious answer as ALL blizzard titles ship in multiple languages, and there is subtitles for pretty much everything.
Reply Quote
The main text in Diablo II and Diablo was accompanied with scrolling subtitles (not really subtitles but they served the same purpose) and an early video of Diablo III showed them as well. The simple quips and quotes from clicking on NPCS though often don't have subtitles (EG: "I sense a soul in search of answers."
Reply Quote
SC2 had subtitles during missions so I would think that D3 will offer a similar level of support for subtitles.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Hi, I'm deaf and I'd really love if you guys could add subtitles to the cutscenes, I know I'm gonna miss the epic music but I don't want to lose again remarkable phrases like: "Hello my friend, stay awhile and listen".

Any blues responses on this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]