Diablo® III

Lock out RMAh for a month

(Locked)

So I was thinking it seems like people are weighing enjoying their first play through with speeding through it to get items so they can sell on the RMAH. Why not lock the RMAH for the first month that way everyone can enjoy the story and everything through at least one play through.
85 Draenei Shaman
08/26/2011 02:57 PMPosted by BeastedOreo
So I was thinking it seems like people are weighing enjoying their first play through with speeding through it to get items so they can sell on the RMAH. Why not lock the RMAH for the first month that way everyone can enjoy the story and everything through at least one play through.

Because it's up to Blizzard to make our decisions for us?

I'm a big girl, I'd like to be able to choose thanks.

BTW, people will still be speeding through to start farming faster to get more loot to throw up in the RMAH when it does get initialized. Locking it out for XX amount of time really doesn't solve the problem.
Edited by Valael on 8/26/2011 3:01 PM PDT
08/26/2011 03:00 PMPosted by Valael

Because it's up to Blizzard to make our decisions for us?

I'm a big girl, I'd like to be able to choose thanks.

BTW, people will still be speeding through to start farming faster to get more loot to throw up in the RMAH when it does get initialized. Locking it out for XX amount of time really doesn't solve the problem.

This, except I'm a guy.
Yeah you guys are right, just a shame to skip out on the story in my opinion. But to each their own.
100 Worgen Hunter
AEC
A lock out will not work.
Well guy with stupid letters in your name you could have went about that nicer, but like I said everyone that posted has been right
Some people don't care about story. They play the game for different reasons. I for one am going to be playing the game for PvP purposes (even though it'll be imbalanced and not really taken care of)
Between PvPing i'll be trying to make as much gold as possible to then turn into real-world currency in the hopes I could say I'm playing D3 for free.

Story is just bonus for my purchase
08/26/2011 03:24 PMPosted by QTsTiduZ
sigh, dumb. People are going to want to buy items the first day, first week, first month. You're basically suggesting you give JSP a month headstart so everyone gets used to buying items on there and then splits things when RMAH comes online a month late. Worst idea I've heard in a week at least.

i just...ugh...
i got to...
will you please help me? i really just need to...
i got to know one thing good sir...
how do you pronounce your name?
85 Draenei Shaman
Don't take it too hard Oreo, some people on the forums are getting shorter and shorter fuses because silly suggestions (not that yours was silly, I'd just say not thought out) get thrown up here all the time.

Couple that with people spamming threads about RMAH, PvP, etc. etc. even though such topics have be talked to death also leads to less patience to deal with people.
If you don't want to rush through the game to get a high level and sell things on the RMAH, then don't. Why should you try to dictate how other people should spend their time or play the game? We aren't all the same people. We have different goals, different values, different lives. Just because we all want to play the same game, doesn't mean we are the same.

So I disagree with your logic and your idea. No offense to you though, I respect that you are an individual, and have the right to an opinion. I just don't think it should be forced upon everyone else.
People shouldn't have to see/play the story if they don't want to. It's thoughts like this that make everything binary and linear.
I'm going to power through everything so I can get a head start on farming and no story is going to stop me.
congrats they locking it FOREVER...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]