Diablo® III

Press/fansite invites. Hope for streamers?

Force strategy gaming just released a video saying that theirs going to be invites for press and fan sites.

Although im thinking no , wouldn't it be nice if streamers could get a key also?

Just thought it would be a great idea seeing how many people watch/host (including myself) gaming streams online.

What do you guys think ?
Reply Quote
MVP
They won't be giving keys to people who say that they will be streaming content, because at that rate, everyone just has to claim that they'll be streaming content in order to get invited, and we all know that won't end well.

So yes, Official Fansites/Influencers (Force is considered an Influencer) and Press sites will be getting invited prior to the Beta, as you have already seen. Keep in mind, DiabloFans hasbeen up for years and Force has been producing Diablo3 content for quite some time now, which is why he was able to gain that position. I'm sure that there will be a ton of sites and casters that pop up around this time because of the Beta, but I wouldn't depend on getting into the Beta because you're planning on doing this.
Edited by Sixen on 8/26/2011 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Sixen
They won't be giving keys to people who say that they will be streaming content, because at that rate, everyone just has to claim that they'll be streaming content in order to get invited, and we all know that won't end well.

Totally agree with the part about everyone trying to jump on the boat. But im sure theirs ways for the invites to go to streamers who actually are streaming before the invites even go out. and after that initial wave there wouldn't be any new invites to be sent out.

08/26/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Sixen
So yes, Official Fansites/Influencers (Force is considered an Influencer) and Press sites will be getting invited prior to the Beta, as you have already seen. Keep in mind, DiabloFans hasbeen up for years and Force has been producing Diablo3 content for quite some time now, which is why he was able to gain that position. I'm sure that there will be a ton of sites and casters that pop up around this time because of the Beta, but I wouldn't depend on getting into the Beta because you're planning on doing this.

Not really sure what this is all about.If anything sounds like you got very defensive about the subject. But other then that it has nothing to do with the general question about invites for streamers.
Reply Quote
MVP
I wasn't being defensive, I was just explaining the theory behind why they likely would not allow newer startups in, because as you said, everyone would jump on the boat. Not that that is what you're doing, I'm just explaining, :P.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]