Diablo® III

seperate loot server? please?

Lets not bring back bad aspects of group play from Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/15/2011 04:36 PMPosted by Foofighter
I think they should open up competitive serves that are the loot style of Diablo 2, with loot that isn't shared,1 kill is only 1 set of loot. This would make items seem worth more in my opinion.

The worth of an item is determined by its rarity and the combination of stats and affixes it has. Whether you have to elect to play in a specific style, just so you have a better chance of grubbing the loot, doesn't play into value.

We elected for this system to correct design elements that weren't particularly fun from the past. In our view: Killing monsters is fun. Getting loot is fun. Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

HOPEFULLY they just make inferno mode as hard as there saying its truly going to be...but doubtful. they need to make inferno mode, UN-soloable and hell mode semi soloable hopefully this is the case

The difficulty of the game shifts as players join and leave your party, so this suggestion doesn't make sense in that context. In addition, Diablo III is meant to be a game that can be enjoyed both solo and in small group, so enforcing a level of difficulty so high that soloing is impossible is similarly nonsensical.

Are you trolling?
Edited by Daxxarri on 9/15/2011 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Troll Druid
I think they should open up competitive serves that are the loot style of Diablo 2, with loot that isn't shared,1 kill is only 1 set of loot. This would make items seem worth more in my opinion.

The worth of an item is determined by its rarity and the combination of stats and affixes it has. Whether you have to elect to play in a specific style, just so you have a better chance of grubbing the loot, doesn't play into value.

We elected for this system to correct design elements that weren't particularly fun from the past. In our view: Killing monsters is fun. Getting loot is fun. Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

Not to mention, there were some hacks involved in that as well. Bots could pick up the loot much faster than a regular player could.
Edited by Trolldathief on 9/15/2011 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There was definitely a certain rush that came with scrambling to be the first person to click the shiny, but at the same time (and more often than) it felt like !@#$ when you missed it.

Individual loot tables > 300 APM korean kids picking up everything before you can even see it
Reply Quote
94 Human Priest
09/15/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Daxxarri

HOPEFULLY they just make inferno mode as hard as there saying its truly going to be...but doubtful. they need to make inferno mode, UN-soloable and hell mode semi soloable hopefully this is the case

The difficulty of the game shifts as players join and leave your party, so this suggestion doesn't make sense in that context. In addition, Diablo III is meant to be a game that can be enjoyed both solo and in small group, so enforcing a level of difficulty so high that soloing is impossible is similarly nonsensical.

Are you trolling?

This isn't bashiok. More than 1 rep posting. Sign of beta ! :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They will probably still only drop one or two things that you can pick up anyway, so it'll be pretty much the same as a guild in D2 running as a group of 8 to kill a boss and getting 8 items.

1 to 2 for each of 4 players in D3 vs
8 drops for 8 players in D2... still comes out the same to me.

I think I see what you mean now... since everyone will get their own set of loot there will be 4x as many drops (in 4 player) from a mob, so increasing your chances of getting what you want by roughly 4x (assuming all same MF & same drop rate occurs for all players).

This is interesting... but it doesn't really make that much of a difference as you can buy your gear or trade for your gear in D2 as you can still do in D3, so the idea of rarity is only a purchase away. If you want to keep magic finding, then do so at your own discretion and it won't make any difference.
Edited by Zérø on 9/15/2011 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah.. pick-it was ultra lame
Reply Quote

I'm happy the Blizzard team noticed that. Thank you.

Can someone tell me why only 4 players are allowed? I like the idea of 8 players...
Reply Quote

Are you trolling?

Ya but he is right in that if 4 loot tables drop from one boss thats alot of loot... And also the fact that some items are so rare they are never found is FUN, its the fun of hunting for those items. I played D2 for many years and I never found many of the top end items. I had fun.
Reply Quote

Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

THIS
Reply Quote
Are you trolling?
He can't say that!

Can he say that?
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

LOL that imagery is hilarious.

Are you trolling?

OOOOH Buuuuurned.
Edited by Garamsythe on 9/15/2011 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
YES actually. if you're playing with 3 of your friends the likelihood of finding items for each that can be simply traded to one another is really good. It will cause people to get items much easier and quicker.
Reply Quote
I rather have item for each person rather then massive dupe item in diablo 2 where 1 item was dupe into hundreds or thousands.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/2/2012 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
17 Troll Druid
09/15/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Jeff

Are you trolling?

Ya but he is right in that if 4 loot tables drop from one boss thats alot of loot... And also the fact that some items are so rare they are never found is FUN, its the fun of hunting for those items. I played D2 for many years and I never found many of the top end items. I had fun.

but if you helped killed the boss then you should get loot. Before some people didn't get loot. Not fun.
Reply Quote
Ya but it's not Azeroth, so NO you should not be guaranteed loot. Killing the bosses was never the hard part of the game, it was trading or grabbing it quickly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]