Diablo® III

seperate loot server? please?

09/15/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We elected for this system to correct design elements that weren't particularly fun from the past. In our view: Killing monsters is fun. Getting loot is fun. Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

Competing for drops against strangers is not fun. Competing for drops with your friends is actually quite fun and adds another element to the game.
Reply Quote
09/15/2011 06:39 PMPosted by AHW
We elected for this system to correct design elements that weren't particularly fun from the past. In our view: Killing monsters is fun. Getting loot is fun. Scrabbling on the ground after drops like a crazed chipmunk is not so fun.

Competing for drops against strangers is not fun. Competing for drops with your friends is actually quite fun and adds another element to the game.

Gather your friends up in town with all the loot you've gotten, drop it all near the waypoint. Spread out in an equally distant manner. Count to 5... Run in and grab loot.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
09/15/2011 05:57 PMPosted by JudeRock
lol competitive? how? who clicks the unique the fastest? just say your a greedy son of !@#$%

yes im a greedy son of a !@#$% for wanting less loot...cuz im the fastest clicker ever yeh thats it. Or maybe i enjoy taking loot from people who died 7 times on a boss and did nothing to help, or more so enjoyed laughing at them when they died at the same time as the boss.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Gather your friends up in town with all the loot you've gotten, drop it all near the waypoint. Spread out in an equally distant manner. Count to 5... Run in and grab loot.

yes except theres 4 times as much loot as be4...assuming you have 4 people

Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
09/15/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
Why? We aren't importing drop tables or %'s from Diablo II, we can balance drop chances how we like, and we will indeed be balancing with it in mind that everyone gets their own drops.

this is exactly what i was hoping to hear actually
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
lol competitive? how? who clicks the unique the fastest? just say your a greedy son of !@#$%

yes im a greedy son of a !@#$% for wanting less loot...cuz im the fastest clicker ever yeh thats it. Or maybe i enjoy taking loot from people who died 7 times on a boss and did nothing to help, or more so enjoyed laughing at them when they died at the same time as the boss.
Oh, I thought you wanted the old system so you could get more loot, but it turns out it's just because you're an awful person.
Edited by Genericdwarf on 9/15/2011 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
09/15/2011 07:26 PMPosted by Genericdwarf
Oh, I thought you wanted the old system so you could get more loot, but it turns out it's just because you're an awful person.

not as awful as the person who's dead ^_^
Reply Quote
09/15/2011 06:39 PMPosted by AHW

That also has had a history of causing friends to not be friends lol
Reply Quote

Four is still plenty fun though, in my view.

But!! I built my PC within the last year-or-so. It can handle super-ultra settings. 3:

edit: Quotes aren't working right nao? Dx
Edited by Jeremy on 9/15/2011 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]