Diablo® III

A Request for Blizzard

I have a simple request to make of Blizzard. I assume that the decision to begin sending out the invites for the closed beta will be made at least twelve hours ahead of the time it will actually start. Whatever that lead time is, I at least would appreciate it if someone from Blizzard would let us know if the invites will not be going out on any specific day. It's not that I expect to be told when it will be starting. I just want to know if I do not have to keep checking my inbox and all the fan sites all the time. If there was just a post saying, "The closed beta will not begin tonight," or even better, "It won't be starting till at least the weekend," it would make the wait a bit easier.
Reply Quote
Wont happen. At this point i'm sure things are so hectic at blizzard that they dont even know for certain until very close to when they do release it (deadlines aside)
Reply Quote
I'd like a post like this as well, bashiok posted a few weeks ago that it wouldn't start on that week. And that allowed us to sleep for once.

The current state of nothing is really driving everyone insane.
Reply Quote
I'd like a post like this as well, bashiok posted a few weeks ago that it wouldn't start on that week. And that allowed us to sleep for once.

The current state of nothing is really driving everyone insane.

***weekend and it was a holiday weekend at that
Reply Quote
Unlikely.
Reply Quote
pffffffffft
Reply Quote
09/15/2011 10:02 PMPosted by ShadowStep
Wont happen. At this point i'm sure things are so hectic at blizzard that they dont even know for certain until very close to when they do release it (deadlines aside)

True, but don't you think they'd know at least half a day ahead of time? Or do you think they'll just be sitting there and will decide, "OK, we're sending out the invites right now."?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Gotta remember that this is probly the most anticipated game in a very long time and they don't want to release something that isn't ready. If you waited 10 years I guess a couple more days wont kill you.

*refreshes mailbox and forum page*
Reply Quote
09/15/2011 10:05 PMPosted by GusTreta

True, but don't you think they'd know at least half a day ahead of time? Or do you think they'll just be sitting there and will decide, "OK, we're sending out the invites right now."?

More likely they will spend the time between the decision and release getting ready for the release itself. We probably wont hear about it because they will all be too busy.
Reply Quote
Assuming the beta comes within the next seven days and that you definitely will get an invite, that means there will be one instant, let's say a second, in all that time when the invites are sent out. Even if you check your e-mails every 5 minutes, that leaves you with a 0.3% chance that the e-mail is in your inbox.

This calculation is very silly, unrealistic and I probably made a mistake somewhere ... but the point is, you can just chill out. It'll be there when it'll be there, and if you check your e-mails as often as usual, you'll know when you get it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]