Diablo® III

Let's put Beta speculation to good use...

What does everyone else think is holding up the Closed Public Beta? The Auction House was a big one that went down tonight. I really don't think that any remaining minor bugs are a big deal, however they may feel the need to polish it up before they have start letting the public in. What does the community think?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
it'll probably be MON/TUES
Reply Quote
Normally I'd agree with you, but those blue posts about an hour ago revealed a different truth!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
October
Reply Quote
::cripplingly painful waiting period::
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
chance for beta tonight; they just released the AH and if they want the test numbers in terms of transactions; closed beta is the way :)
Reply Quote
Blues said this month for beta. But I bet they work as many bugs out of the auction house before they send out more invites. I would guess September 27.
Reply Quote
09/15/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Xayul
chance for beta tonight; they just released the AH and if they want the test numbers in terms of transactions; closed beta is the way :)

This is what i think as well
Reply Quote
I think there are issues the dev team is aware of that they wish to fix before releasing the game to people who are going to push every system within to the limits. Cause we all know in beta testing (and some people in release games) you try to break everything that you can :P
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Releasing closed beta on the weekend approach does give those who get in, time away from work/school and give it a good workout. SOB.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/15/2011 06:53 PMPosted by Lilraver
it'll probably be MON/TUES

I really can't see it being any later than that. Unless something MAJOR craps out.
Reply Quote
09/15/2011 06:49 PMPosted by Apocalypse
What does everyone else think is holding up the Closed Public Beta? The Auction House was a big one that went down tonight. I really don't think that any remaining minor bugs are a big deal, however they may feel the need to polish it up before they have start letting the public in. What does the community think?

I imagine they are going to use the closed beta as a stress test.
Reply Quote
TBH, I'm not really sure? My best guesses are server stability in preparation for enormous client load and ironing out any debilitating bugs. Though I assumed that servers have been ready, and those kinds of bugs are almost non-existent... So I'm just not entirely sure lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
There are currently problems with the AH functionality. My guess is they want the interconnectivity to be functioning before starting CB.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
To anyone blue : No precise date. Just an estimate, or like your "gut" feeling (realistic one) about when CB (close beta) will be release. For example, in which week of September do you think you can roll out CB beta.

This week? Week of Sept 19th, or last week of Sept (the 26th)?

That would help calm people and they over hyping (spamming in some sort).

Pretty please? ^.^
Reply Quote
To anyone blue : No precise date. Just an estimate, or like your "gut" feeling (realistic one) about when CB (close beta) will be release. For example, in which week of September do you think you can roll out CB beta.

This week? Week of Sept 19th, or last week of Sept (the 26th)?

That would help calm people and they over hyping (spamming in some sort).

Pretty please? ^.^

If they were to respond to this post, the forums would promptly explode on that week if the beta hasn't started yet. It would be a nightmare, moreso than these forums already are.
Reply Quote
Technically, the beta is already out, so 3rd quarter deadline is inapplicable. Unless someone heard someone say specifically the public closed beta would begin in the 3rd quarter. Regardless, I would assume it would be out shortly. Maybe they want to give the F&F a chance to test the auction house for potential bugs before unleashing us on it? From what I see on the streams it looks pretty well good to go to me!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
How many times do I have to say it... Cleverbot said Monday.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]