Diablo® III

DLC/Expansion packs

Hey I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on dlc and expansion packs down the line for d3. I myself kinda expect it to come eventually, but I guess not everyone have that opinion. However feel free to share what you would like to see as a expansion pack :)

The best dlc pack for me, would be a recreation of the old classes, just for us nutty old gamer. Just to get a good chance of playing our favorite Paladin, necro or whatever. Alot of the features they have are in the game, but with the rune system and creativity from Blizzard im sure I would still be entertained for hours upon hours with a new druid :D
Reply Quote
Somewhere down the line they state both a character based expansion and an act based expansion are planned. (though no promise of returning characters). No link because I am fat and lazy.

That being said I want to see the addition of new runes in one of these expansion packs. Increase the number of skills even more. There was a topic about this in another section but it did get much love.
Reply Quote
DLC's... I doubt it, but that would be quite interesting, and if they did add additional content other than the expansion packs that are to follow the release of Diablo 3, they would obviously be at a price.

I'm all for some $20 DLC's for D3 if they add some cool features, significant storyline or the edge you need in the pvp arena etc. :)

Has Blizzard mentioned DLC's at all? If they have then my mistake.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I would probably buy any content they wanted to throw at me. New acts, classes, items, etc. I'm certain we'll see all of this unless the game flops.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
DLC: NO

Expansions YES

Need to get away from this whole DLC thing and go back to making expansion packs. (Blizzard is good about this but the rest of the gaming industry not so much.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I would be cool with free DLC, or small stuff to buy like in WoW with pets and stuff.

I don't want to have to pay to unlock SuperInferno though, or for the top tier gems/craft stuff.

Expansions I welcome with open arms.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/19/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hopefully both. The more content the better. I just hope it isn't too long between expansions.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
NO DLC. Please, I hate DLC. DLC are just another reason I play less and less console games, and I have never bought any. Really, I mean never.

On the other hand, I always buy expansions. To me an expansion makes the game bigger, and DLC makes it smaller. When you have expansions you feel like you have the full game, and then you're getting even more. With DLC, it feels like you got an incomplete game and are missing parts if you don't buy the DLC. Even when it's customization stuff, it feels like "why couldn't we have that?"

What is the absolute WORST though is when people who have DLC are able to play with people that don't and still use the things they bought. You couldn't join a Starcraft game when you were playing Brood War and use BW units against the other player. Please, don't stick in a hundred little stupid optional things, or be *!!@s like Arc System Works and make people who don't buy their overpriced characters still encounter them online. It just comes off as an excuse to cut out stuff that should have been available out of the box and inflate the price of the real, "full" game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
im not a big supporter of it for this game. but who knows
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]