Diablo® III

Why I dislike the current Public Game system.

With the current public game system you select what quest you want to do and it throws you into a suitable public game.

This is fine and dandy until it comes time when everyone is 60.

People will want certain things for their inferno runs, people will want certain classes, certain builds etc. Just selecting what quest to start on is idiotic.

Basically Blizzard has said 'Lol, play with friends (who probably suck) or roll the dice dawg"
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 11:24 AMPosted by Khrono
People will want certain things for their inferno runs

Won't be relevant for inferno, imo. You do the quests once, and then you have all 4 acts dropping similiar loot. It doesn't matter where you start, because the drops will be sameish.

Actually, now that i think about it, are quests active in inferno? Hmm....
Reply Quote
What does it matter what class a player is when they join? The builds are so varied, you might not even recognize their spells. Plus why ask for specific builds when gear level will probably make more of a difference? If you want to invite only high-damage characters... only invite your friends.
Reply Quote
I am sure quests will be active in Inferno. I am also 100% sure that people will find specific builds, combos and areas for optimal farming even if all the loot and basic difficulty is the same.

It is not possible for every act/area to be the same. For example:

'Hey lets do some inferno farming tonight. I need to Finish act 2 still'

'Na, lets farm A1Q3 again, the mobs are slightly more dense and there is 1cm less ground to cover so I have a nerd !@#$%'
Reply Quote
There were be a few people here and there who will suck in inferno mode you would think that one would be good for beating diablo on hell mode but there are those who get carried all the way.
Reply Quote
I am sure quests will be active in Inferno. I am also 100% sure that people will find specific builds, combos and areas for optimal farming even if all the loot and basic difficulty is the same.

It is not possible for every act/area to be the same. For example:

'Hey lets do some inferno farming tonight. I need to Finish act 2 still'

'Na, lets farm A1Q3 again, the mobs are slightly more dense and there is 1cm less ground to cover so I have a nerd !@#$%'

Sure, people will find specific builds they like, but with the skill system you could always change things out at a moment's notice.

As for the difficulty of every act and area being the same, that's the whole point of inferno. Of course it won't be precisely the same, but the point is the loot will have about the same odds no matter where you are - so you can pick your favorite. Hell, you could even just go kill everything, start to finish. I really don't understand the point of your last comment.

And really? Calling people nerds on a forum for a game that's not even out yet? You're not exactly preaching to the choir.
Edited by Barbarossa on 9/22/2011 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Damouse
Actually, now that i think about it, are quests active in inferno? Hmm....

It's the exact same, except things are harder. You start over, and considering how heavily emphasized quests are to how you progress in D3, they most certainly will be.

Unless you're asking if the quests you completed in Normal/Hell/etc are activated as completed so you can farm at will... I don't think any of us will know until we see Inferno.
Reply Quote
Who did I call a nerd? Learn to read.

Edit: You can't see the censored word but it is basically the fictional player saying he has a nerd erection. Something I get often and is not seen as calling everyone who reads it a nerd.
Edited by Khrono on 9/22/2011 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Hopefully by the time I am level 60 and ready for Inferno, I will have a good set of people I have met and enjoy playing with.

Or my hireling will keep me company in locked games.
Reply Quote
I don't think they've stated whether Inferno will have quests. It would make sense for them to just give you access to anywhere in the game at the start of inferno, since by that point you've already played through it at least three times, and the difficulty isn't supposed to ramp.

As for you, Khrono, I still don't understand why you're pissed. Why is it important to you to have everyone who joins your public game be of the highest caliber? People have to learn and gear up somehow.
Reply Quote
They will indeed need to do different stuff during the inferno experience.

First, Blizz will go through alot of monsters buff/nerf. They will probably track what monsters gets the most farmed, which ones are the leftovers, so they can react to this, and try to even out the whole thing. This will be an never ending duty, but I'm sure they will be on it.

Second, they will need to find a interesting incentive to keep the players for more than a zone in Inferno. so people aren't encouraged to like rush to SK and rejoining a new game to redo it because it ends up to be the quickest and most efficient way to farm gear. I forsee some MF bonus with the # of kill you do in a single game. So in the end, the more you kill monsters, the more MF you get, and it needs to outweight the game hopping.

Will have to see..
Reply Quote
People can learn all they want. Just not in my games.

That is like trying a champion for the first time in a ranked game in LoL to me. I don't suck at games and I don't want people who DO suck anywhere near me.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Hopefully by the time I am level 60 and ready for Inferno, I will have a good set of people I have met and enjoy playing with.

Or my hireling will keep me company in locked games.

No hireling in inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
what do you suggest? if you name the games like in D2 it's not going to help you find better players. You can call it "XtraLootSpecBarbOnly" but that doesn't mean 3 witch doctors with no runes won't jump in.
Reply Quote
Khrono: If you don't want them in your game, don't make it public. LoL is a different case - you can't win if an ally is feeding the enemy team. In D3, if your ally dies, you can just leave them and keep going. In short, it's different because it's a cooperative game.

frOst: I agree that it would probably be better if there were quests, but there don't need to be in order for Inferno to fulfill its role, which is a challenging place to get loot. Quests would probably make it more fun, though.
Reply Quote
It doesn't help you find better players but it lets people know what you are doing in that game. For example,

Room name: Party seeks monk heals for A1Q3 repeated farm

Room name: Hunting down all lore pieces
Reply Quote
There's another thing, Khrono - it's possible you could do even better with a well-geared WD with minions to soak the damage than a heal-specced monk, who would likely not be doing good damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]