Diablo® III

High-End PvP

I still want to know what end-game PvP will be like. It seems that in WoW and D2 the PvP becomes very drawn out with all the buffs and item upgrades. Back in D2 I remember having slow on your amazon and duels being very long. In WoW, I duel with my pally tank and seriously it can take 45 mins to complete a duel with a fellow paladin.

So will it be just as fast paced as the low level videos? I've come to find low level dueling in WoW is much more fast paced but also takes skill. And with the PvP are their rewards for moving up? I couldn't see PvP/PvE gear in D3....but it would only make sense for the arena to work and/or to actually last some years ahead.

I do however like extended battles as long as your fighting to stay alive or trying to obtain some armor/weapon/etc. But it's when the system seems bugged that neither your HP is moving and the dmg is too small to make a huge difference. I.E. Pally Tank v Pally Tank or Pally Tank vs Blood DK.

Last but not least, will there be a "Grandmasters" in D3, I believe that would be amazing. Moving up is addicting enough :P but top 2-10% is epic.
Reply Quote
Only time will tell.

You can't expect to know what everything in the game will be like until you play it for yourself after it's released.
Reply Quote
Based on the way the Diablo 3 classes operate (read:virtually no healing abilities besides the monk), I can't see these arena matches taking more than a few minutes. Though health-globes do spawn periodically, I think the high DPS and lack of health will keep these fights quick and intense.
Reply Quote
Long D2 duels, Have you played recently? Beware the Chargadin.

I don't think fights will be too long, I imagine around 1-2 minute matches at the high end especially as gear starts to pile up and players start to deal obscene amounts of damage.

No rankings, at least not a launch. But the game will evolve with the community the same way WoW did and i wouldn't be surprised if we get more PvP oriented content and systems if thats what the community seems to want.
Reply Quote

No rankings, at least not a launch. But the game will evolve with the community the same way WoW did and i wouldn't be surprised if we get more PvP oriented content and systems if thats what the community seems to want.

God, I hope Blizz doesn't implement pvp gear like WoW has.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
so far it doesnt sound like it will be much and it will be plagued with imbalances and they are okay with that.

slightly saddens me, i was kind of looking forward to a pro scene developing

go ahead and watch this interview about it, personally it crushed my soul. especially the part where he sayys shut up pvp guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E452S_fJwA
Edited by Kangaxx on 9/22/2011 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
09/22/2011 08:06 AMPosted by Tyrant
Yeah, shut up PvP guy...says the guy who is bad at PvP. Blizzard also closes all the pro-PvP or optional PvP threads. It's frankly disgraceful.

i understand his sentiment about not wanting to leave thinggs out of the game that are cool simply for the sake of pvp but there are better ways to go about it.

some examples would be have premade gear sets for players participating in pvp so that everyone is on a level playing field and cant just get to the top by virtue of having better gear. and changing the way skills work against other players, to prevent them from being op in pvp.

there are a ton of options
Edited by Kangaxx on 9/22/2011 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PvP is a part of the game whether you like it or not. I can see potential here, just imagine how epic the guy would be that is Hardcore PvP Grandmaster. And Hammerdins, Charge w/e have been around for a longgg time. But nothing is more annoying then hitting WW with your barb and getting completely slowed by the Amazon only to touch a Necro and gain all your HP back because of your lifesteal. Diablo was never based off healing spells but potions and lifesteal % on your weapon or other items. And a fight between an Amazon with slow gear and a paladin can take FOREVER, especially if the toons are hacked. It was until people weren't wearing the simple Arcanes Valor anymore but a 6 socketed hacked item where things got stupid, so maybe we ruined the PvP. I would still like to know how important and what items features will be attached to PvP.

You can slaughter the demons of hell all day and night, but it's always nice to take a break and team up with some of your friends and put all that hardwork to use on the battlefield.
Reply Quote
Why would Blizzard remove a post about PvP in the D3 forum??
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/19/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
PvP ranks = best idea ever.

If D2 pvp was ranked, it would be more fun for everyone: New duelers wouldn't risk getting FLOORED by the pros; and the pros wouldn't be wasting their time finding an opponent worth fighting.

+ ranks are super addicting!
Reply Quote
you should probably read the pvp section in the game tab, and the 'whats new in d3'.

and watch the old force interview with jay wilson about pvp.

but none of your concerns, should be concerns.

I've read and watched everything, how about some constructive criticism you troll. And force isn't my basis of info for a Blizzard game, BLIZZARD is....

Besides who hasn't been drooling over all the D3 website goodies.

It was just a thought, pretty sure you'd feel pretty cool Hardcore Grandmaster PvP with the "specialty" Windforce.

Then again someone couldn't hold that spot for very long because when you die CYA. That would be so intense.
Edited by SizzlnBizzle on 9/22/2011 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
On what planet are there long D2 duels? The only thing that drags those out is the game of chicken that happens on the town border. As soon as both players step away, the duel is over in about half a second.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
PvP is a part of the game whether you like it or not. I can see potential here, just imagine how epic the guy would be that is Hardcore PvP Grandmaster. And Hammerdins, Charge w/e have been around for a longgg time. But nothing is more annoying then hitting WW with your barb and getting completely slowed by the Amazon only to touch a Necro and gain all your HP back because of your lifesteal. Diablo was never based off healing spells but potions and lifesteal % on your weapon or other items. And a fight between an Amazon with slow gear and a paladin can take FOREVER, especially if the toons are hacked. It was until people weren't wearing the simple Arcanes Valor anymore but a 6 socketed hacked item where things got stupid, so maybe we ruined the PvP. I would still like to know how important and what items features will be attached to PvP.

You can slaughter the demons of hell all day and night, but it's always nice to take a break and team up with some of your friends and put all that hardwork to use on the battlefield.

according to the interview i linked it sounds like the only thing that will really be linked to pvp is achievements and titles.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/3/2012 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
you should probably read the pvp section in the game tab, and the 'whats new in d3'.

and watch the old force interview with jay wilson about pvp.

but none of your concerns, should be concerns.

I've read and watched everything, how about some constructive criticism you troll. And force isn't my basis of info for a Blizzard game, BLIZZARD is....

Besides who hasn't been drooling over all the D3 website goodies.

It was just a thought, pretty sure you'd feel pretty cool Hardcore Grandmaster PvP with the "specialty" Windforce.

Then again someone couldn't hold that spot for very long because when you die CYA. That would be so intense.

you dont know who jay wilson is do you, the guy force interviewd, in the video i linked earlier.

hes the lead developer for D3, hes the one making this game. he IS blizzard.
Edited by Kangaxx on 9/22/2011 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I thought you meant watch Forces videos playing through the beta, im good. But yes I did watch the interview.

Take it like this, SC2 Patch 1.4, we all played the PTR and realized the zerg nerf on NP was just too much. Even with all the concrete style planning on the nerf they went back on it due to the COMMUNITY.

So there's always a chance that after you touch on a topic it becomes reality, hence ALPHA/BETA so on.

It's just a thread to try and feel out the PvP system a bit more. If any1 remembers vanilla WoW, there was no PvP except open-world. I returned a couple years later and there was an amazing amount of PvP items and so on for the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]