Diablo® III

D3 the friendship destroyer =p

I wonder how many arguments will be had amongst friends with the 4 player limit. There will be quite a few ugly ducklings left out =p This of course won't matter once the game has been out for a while and people ease off their playtimes a little, but it would definitely be funny to witness all of the interfriend arguments that ensue from the 4 player limit.

I'm personally surprised that people have not been more vocal about the 4 player limit subject to begin with. How many people have less than 3 friends? I mean I guess you could argue that once you get to the realm of 7 or 8 players it doesn't matter either since you could just split in 2 games with your friends.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
First come first served with my mates, we don't feel leftout or such its just oh well they filled the party before I logged in I'll play next time.

If you have good friends it won't be a big deal.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Here's an idea... There is 5 people in a group of friends.. 2 go in one game 3 go in another.. i don't see the problem. Split up kick some !@# and move on. switch up the groups sometimes. My friends and i are going to have this problem and I'm perfectly okay with it. We would have to be 12 to argue about who is playing with who.
"I WANNA PLAY WITH BILLY!"
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/22/2011 08:52 AMPosted by Karlmarxman
"I WANNA PLAY WITH BILLY!"

BUT..BUT..IT'S MY TURN NOW!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I am lucky if even one friend of mine is playing the same game at the same time. The 4 player limit sounds good either way. I've never played a Diablo game with more unless we were doing boring runs of something. 8 players in one place was stupid in Diablo 2 and would be even worse in Diablo 3 I think.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
09/22/2011 08:55 AMPosted by Altoshaam
BUT..BUT..IT'S MY TURN NOW!!!!!!!

Lolol
Reply Quote
The better question is how many peoples social lives will be destroyed?

I'm going with... a lot.
Reply Quote
I agree with you 4 player limit is quite low... although i think more than 8 would be too many i think 8 is a perfect number...

Sadly i'm sure they have a good reason why they did this and it'll be for our benefit... Either way do what i do with my friends in sc2...

Since we all work or go to school or whatever we agreed that everyday from 8:30 to 12:30-1:00am we play... you don't have to show up but you do if you like to we have our own TS server so... say i come at 8:30 and 8:45 comes the next one and so on... the one that comes and is left out usually when that happens one of us is leaving... or another offers to split up and play all together or sometimes we tell to play alone for being late... either way a cool thing is keeping that TS whether we split up or not... kinda still keeps all of us together.
Reply Quote
They should start the cap at 5 and progress it for when expansions come
Reply Quote
You have more than three friends?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I think it'd be funner to have 2 groups in vent. You'd just randomly hear a group "HOLY !@#$ THATS A LOT OF STUFF, DONT ENGAGE. DONT. %^-*ING. ENGAGE. WE NEED A PLAN" and then you'd laugh at them, fun times.

^^ Maybe not quite that, but hearing some of the stuff people in other groups say makes your imagination go crazy. "Holy crap that guys huge and he has a fire damage aura, be careful" stuff like that. It'd be especially fun in hell and inferno mode.
Reply Quote
That's fine. Just play with them later on.
Reply Quote
What if I had 10 friends, 8 limits us.

Friendship destroyer.

(4 is fine, tell your friends to get a grip)

09/22/2011 09:08 AMPosted by CapnGeiger
Luckily I don't let multiplayer gaming structure dictate how many real life friends I have, so I'll be okay. I see my friends outside, too.

I like you.
Edited by Skyfire on 9/22/2011 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it'd be funner to have 2 groups in vent. You'd just randomly hear a group "HOLY !@#$ THATS A LOT OF STUFF, DONT ENGAGE. DONT. %^-*ING. ENGAGE. WE NEED A PLAN" and then you'd laugh at them, fun times.

^^ Maybe not quite that, but hearing some of the stuff people in other groups say makes your imagination go crazy. "Holy crap that guys huge and he has a fire damage aura, be careful" stuff like that. It'd be especially fun in hell and inferno mode.

It happens and usually is really funny and sometimes we end up in different TS channels but is really hilarious when 2 arena teams are fighting and in the same TS, or 2 SC2 games at the same time since in the beginning is calm but after 3-5 minutes when the battles begin is chaos.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

It happens and usually is really funny and sometimes we end up in different TS channels but is really hilarious when 2 arena teams are fighting and in the same TS, or 2 SC2 games at the same time since in the beginning is calm but after 3-5 minutes when the battles begin is chaos.

Indeed, so much fun to laugh at friends' misfortune. Mwuahahaha
Reply Quote

LEEEEEEEEROOOOYYYYYY!
Reply Quote
I find that missing slot for all classes nice in an asymetrical way. That way, all class parties can adapt to make things work well without having every class to back them up. It allows for 5 combinations 4 unique party groups which is 5 groups. I wouldn't feel left out. Even if some friends run off to do one thing, surely you with multiple classes and many friends and bnet can find something to do. If anything, solo some stuff. If you want to do new content with someone, do some old content first.

There are some things that progress forward from other games and some things that do not. You should begin to appriciate how not all games have all things you liked about all previous game. The effort to make that happen would be near infinite and cumbersome and take much longer time for us, the consumer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]