Diablo® III

MF? Oo

Just read a beta post about MF (too bad I could not post on it). These people do not know that MF is the Diablo franchise? You take magic find out of the game and you will have say...Titan Quest (frown).
Reply Quote
Titan Quest was great! By the last difficulty you really needed to be on your toes. No MF stat to slow you down and your item finding was based on how fast you cleared content.

I hope D3 endgame difficulty is at least as hard as TQ's, just with more viable builds available for it.
Reply Quote
Diablo 1 didn't have MF. Its not a core feature of Diablo just because it was in D2.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
You know, I had an MF sorc in D2, and I can say that I was not gimping myself. You just had to know which pieces of gear to put on. I played HC, and there was no way in hell I wanted to die. My character wasn't gimped in anyway, but I had decent MF and would be able to farm hell meph, pindle, and baal.

You guys seem to think that gear with +mf will be completely worthless in every other aspect of the game. No one can prove that one way or another because there are FOUR difficulties worth of gear. Who knows how godly items which have mf on them will also wtf pawn stat wise for killing stuff.

Stop being drama queens over silly stuff in a 1 and a half hour 'demo' of a game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
mf was stupid the way it was implemented in D2. hopefully theyve done it much better this time around and from what i heard of their plans of what they dont want to do with it it sounds like itll be great.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
09/22/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Nekora
Diablo 1 didn't have MF. Its not a core feature of Diablo just because it was in D2.

09/22/2011 10:45 AMPosted by Kangaxx
mf was stupid the way it was implemented in D2. hopefully theyve done it much better this time around and from what i heard of their plans of what they dont want to do with it it sounds like itll be great.
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 10:38 AMPosted by Myst
MF gear in Diablo 2 was not fun.

I have a feeling this game has a 3 in front of it.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people would ever go against them simply IMPLEMENTING magic find gear into the game. It's just another avenue to go down during gameplay. If you don't want to "gimp" yourself to have a better chance at gear, don't have an MF set, simple as that.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
09/22/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Solid
I don't understand why people would ever go against them simply IMPLEMENTING magic find gear into the game. It's just another avenue to go down during gameplay. If you don't want to "gimp" yourself to have a better chance at gear, don't have an MF set, simple as that.

I'll tell you why, some people are worried that if they join a public game in say hell difficulty, and this guy in their four man group has an MF set, that he won't pull his weight around. This is complete BS, since as i've stated before, I had an MF sorc in D2 and in 8 player games, most of the time, i'd be the one killing stuff while the others just sat around not doing much.

These people that are worried, probably didn't play that much D2..
Reply Quote
Twigs, considering the fact that Blizzard has stated that D3 itemization is going to be very different, the situation is going to be extremely different.

They have stated that they want MF to be a real decision, and a balancing act. You will have to sacrifice power for MF in general, in D3, it seems. It wont be like D2, where you can get gear with lots of MF with no corresponding sacrifice in other meaningful stats, especially in the late game.

So no, its not a meaningless concern, unless Blizzard has significantly changed things.
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Solid
If MF exists, you must exploit it, or you're gimping your progression.
Edited by Static on 9/22/2011 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wont miss MF. The only time I had any MF on a character in Diablo 2 was a charm or something in my bags. I preferred gear to kill things with.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Twigs, considering the fact that Blizzard has stated that D3 itemization is going to be very different, the situation is going to be extremely different.

They have stated that they want MF to be a real decision, and a balancing act. You will have to sacrifice power for MF in general, in D3, it seems. It wont be like D2, where you can get gear with lots of MF with no corresponding sacrifice in other meaningful stats, especially in the late game.

So no, its not a meaningless concern, unless Blizzard has significantly changed things.

I haven't read or seen what you are saying, but if that is the case then fine. I still think though, that untill we actually get to play the game, there is no way of knowing how mf will affect the other stats on gear. If it does gimp your character enough that you can't even solo hell with MF gear, what would be the point of putting it in the game in the first place. I seriously doubt that Blizzard would make the game unplayable unless you had a specific set of gear equipped no?
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 11:33 AMPosted by Static
If MF exists, you must exploit it, or you're gimping your progression.

You're not forced to do anything. If it's in the game and there are other people who are willing to go through more to get better gear, then so be it. It's called a game, and yes, there is competition involved. There are many people who want MF in the game, and many who do not, but the motivation behind the people who do not want it comes from a lack of passion for the game. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
I seriously doubt that Blizzard would make the game unplayable unless you had a specific set of gear equipped no?

This is exactly the problem many people have with MF. If MF exists in the form it did in D2, then all gear without MF becomes nearly useless for all purposes except for PvP. Why would you ever play in non MF gear in PvE if you don't sacrifice any power for it? You get much better loot for the same time investment. It would be stupid not to use the MF gear. So all gear without MF just becomes useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]