Diablo® III

Not for clan support.

(Locked)

After watching a video about an opinion on RMAH (ForceSC2strategy) I was completely pissed. I heard it was being discussed to integrate guild/clan support with D3. Do not want. Hear me out here, I'm not trying to be an !@# or a troll...

There is absolutely no use for clans/guilds in Diablo. I don't want WoW hippies ruining my dark, awesome game with their DKP caca, and I certainly don't want those chicks who play Druids all the time to come ruin my fun with their "know it all" attitudes. I'm probably being extremely over-protective about D3, but I want to make sure this feels like D3 every moment I log in, not WoW.

The reason for this is right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUxI0fWLoI

It's obvious this girl just read some crap about D3 online, and thought up some random diarrhea to spew out of the mouth. Talking about guild leaders in Diablo? Say what? Pay to win? Say what? "Grind gear?" Say WHAT?! It's pretty evident she's a WoW fiend trying to get views on her YouTube account by complaining about a great thing (RMAH).

"The guild leader is expected to buy gold and support his guild, and you know, spend hundreds of dollars on their game every month."

I know this is just a flimsy, biased opinion, but I REALLY felt the need to say please do not add clan/guild support to this game. The Real-ID system is more than enough to capture socially-triggered games. We can meet new people in public games, etc. Please keep idiots like this person out of Diablo III. Honestly, Diablo III is a completely unique game. I don't want the lines blurred between World of Warcraft and D3. Even the terminology bleeding over makes me cringe. The greatest thing about Diablo to me was the fact that it was classic and hardcore, and the best way to keep it that way was to distinguish Diablo as a very dark, cultist-type game. I really loved the fact that those who played WoW really had no idea of how Diablo worked.
Edited by acidrain on 9/22/2011 5:22 AM PDT
News flash, that video is almost 2 months old, and watch a few of her other videos, or read her name. I watched that one when it was fairly new. She's one of those "gamer chicks" that gives the real women who game a bad name. Just ignore it, and move on.

She was basing that off early, and probably inaccurate information. Plus, i think the statement about guild leaders buying to support the guild was talking about other games anyway. Not D3. But i didn't watch it again to verify, that's just what i recall.
Edited by Wingbane on 9/22/2011 5:25 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Priest
whyy should others be denied options just because u dont want to participate?

how about you just dont participate and everyone that does can.

or do u just not like other people being happy with things you dislike?
Adding guilds or clans to D3 would be a great idea but I'm not sure how it would work. Too many times people coming up with an idea without any details. How would a Guild serve in a D3 universe?
48 Human Rogue
D2 had clans and clan channels ... so I am a bit confused .. why couldn't D3 follow the same path as D2 had in terms of clans/guilds?

And there are always people out there that will make you want to poke your eye out with a spoon, just ignore what they are doing and what they have to say.
After watching a video about an opinion on RMAH (ForceSC2strategy) I was completely pissed. I heard it was being discussed to integrate guild/clan support with D3. Do not want. Hear me out here, I'm not trying to be an !@# or a troll...

There is absolutely no use for clans/guilds in Diablo. I don't want WoW hippies ruining my dark, awesome game with their DKP caca, and I certainly don't want those chicks who play Druids all the time to come ruin my fun with their "know it all" attitudes. I'm probably being extremely over-protective about D3, but I want to make sure this feels like D3 every moment I log in, not WoW.

The reason for this is right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUxI0fWLoI

It's obvious this girl just read some crap about D3 online, and thought up some random diarrhea to spew out of the mouth. Talking about guild leaders in Diablo? Say what? Pay to win? Say what? "Grind gear?" Say WHAT?! It's pretty evident she's a WoW fiend trying to get views on her YouTube account by complaining about a great thing (RMAH).

"The guild leader is expected to buy gold and support his guild, and you know, spend hundreds of dollars on their game every month."

I know this is just a flimsy, biased opinion, but I REALLY felt the need to say please do not add clan/guild support to this game. The Real-ID system is more than enough to capture socially-triggered games. We can meet new people in public games, etc. Please keep idiots like this person out of Diablo III. Honestly, Diablo III is a completely unique game. I don't want the lines blurred between World of Warcraft and D3. Even the terminology bleeding over makes me cringe. The greatest thing about Diablo to me was the fact that it was classic and hardcore, and the best way to keep it that way was to distinguish Diablo as a very dark, cultist-type game. I really loved the fact that those who played WoW really had no idea of how Diablo worked.

If you're not happy you can always stick to private games. You expect everybody to agree with you and be a nice person? Welcome to real life, enjoy your stay.
09/22/2011 05:22 AMPosted by Wingbane
News flash, that video is almost 2 months old, and watch a few of her other videos, or read her name.

I did, which is why I want to make it clear how I feel. I don't want her opinion speaking on most of us hardcore Diablo players' behalf. Most of us do not agree with her at all. So what if the video is old. I really don't take her name into consideration as it's obvious it's just a gamer alias. I personally don't feel her name speaks for who she is as a person, I'm just not that way.

What options are being presented with adding it? None.

Diablo has never supported clans or guilds before. There has never been any need to. What would the benefits be? I mean... you can't raid obviously, there's no global loot system, etc. There's really no need for it.
D2 had clans and clan channels ... so I am a bit confused .. why couldn't D3 follow the same path as D2 had in terms of clans/guilds?

And there are always people out there that will make you want to poke your eye out with a spoon, just ignore what they are doing and what they have to say.

I can see where you're coming from here, but note that clans were never officially supported with Diablo. These clans were mostly botting clans, Baal run botting clans, etc. Some were really legit, though! The difference is that the player limit cap is much lower than in D2, so you'll have a clan of what -- four people? It just doesn't make sense to me.

How can a guild or a clan serve a purpose for Diablo?
If someone can come up with a really legitimate response, I'm totally open to hear it. I'm not against clans as much as I am a "guild". Having a guild in Diablo makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and there's absolutely nothing anyone could say to have me change my mind about that, unless there was a specific need for so many people grouped together.

Also, clans in Diablo II never brought anything to the table for the game. You never heard about famous or awesome PvP D2 clans to be in, etc. This stuff was all kind of.... underground. I like it that way. Players would still always have the option to make a clan if they chose to, but I don't think it's something that should be specifically tailored to by Blizzard...
100 Troll Mage
I am convinced this is a troll, and if it isn't, it's about as useful as a troll.

There won't be guild support in D3 because there's no reason for it in D3. It would be a huge waste of development resources. You need guilds in an MMO to organize large groups of players and have a common, private chat channel and roster feature. You don't need that in D3 because there are never more than 4 people in a game. RealID is your "guild." If people want to form arena clans, there are web hosting services to facilitate their communication, D3 would not benefit from integrating such a feature in-game.

It's just a stupid Youtube drama leech talking out of holes that were not meant for anyhing intelligent to come out of to get views, and you're feeding her.
Edited by Dreyfuss on 9/22/2011 5:44 AM PDT
48 Human Rogue
I guess to answer your question on what purpose a clan would serve, is to say just the social aspect. I will use the group of people I play with. Some of of the guild I run with have been playing together since UO ... that is a long long time to be playing with one another ... many of us were young back than and now are what some here would call "old" lol.

I guess regardless what Blizzard does in terms of guild support, it is going to exist regardless, either supported in game or not. I don't see any harm in allowing some support such as Clan Channels or something similar to WoW's Guild tabards to be worn.

I think when I think in terms of clans in D3 I think a small group of gamers that are pretty good friends than do some runs together in keep loot within their circle sort to speak.

I honestly like this topic and like what everyone has had to say about it so far. Would be interesting to see what Blizzards plans or ideas on this are.
85 Night Elf Priest
09/22/2011 05:29 AMPosted by acid_rain
News flash, that video is almost 2 months old, and watch a few of her other videos, or read her name.

I did, which is why I want to make it clear how I feel. I don't want her opinion speaking on most of us hardcore Diablo players' behalf. Most of us do not agree with her at all. So what if the video is old. I really don't take her name into consideration as it's obvious it's just a gamer alias. I personally don't feel her name speaks for who she is as a person, I'm just not that way.

What options are being presented with adding it? None.

Diablo has never supported clans or guilds before. There has never been any need to. What would the benefits be? I mean... you can't raid obviously, there's no global loot system, etc. There's really no need for it.

obviously the option via adding it is a guild/clan.

i cant believe i had to spell that out
85 Night Elf Priest

I can see where you're coming from here, but note that clans were never officially supported with Diablo. These clans were mostly botting clans, Baal run botting clans, etc. Some were really legit, though! The difference is that the player limit cap is much lower than in D2, so you'll have a clan of what -- four people? It just doesn't make sense to me.

How can a guild or a clan serve a purpose for Diablo?
If someone can come up with a really legitimate response, I'm totally open to hear it. I'm not against clans as much as I am a "guild". Having a guild in Diablo makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and there's absolutely nothing anyone could say to have me change my mind about that, unless there was a specific need for so many people grouped together.

Also, clans in Diablo II never brought anything to the table for the game. You never heard about famous or awesome PvP D2 clans to be in, etc. This stuff was all kind of.... underground. I like it that way. Players would still always have the option to make a clan if they chose to, but I don't think it's something that should be specifically tailored to by Blizzard...

it just gives yyou more access to people to play with that you like rather than having to add them all to real id and gives them all a place where they can communicate with each other.
I hate your post OP. Clans were in D2.
I am convinced this is a troll, and if it isn't, it's about as useful as a troll.

Then don't post in this thread... cause you'd be "feeding me"...

Obviously, I'm not. I'm just trying to make sure stupid people like her don't ruin it for people like myself who've been waiting for 10 years on an epic game NOT full of retards like her.

I guess to answer your question on what purpose a clan would serve, is to say just the social aspect. I will use the group of people I play with. Some of of the guild I run with have been playing together since UO ... that is a long long time to be playing with one another ... many of us were young back than and now are what some here would call "old" lol.

I guess regardless what Blizzard does in terms of guild support, it is going to exist regardless, either supported in game or not. I don't see any harm in allowing some support such as Clan Channels or something similar to WoW's Guild tabards to be worn.

I think when I think in terms of clans in D3 I think a small group of gamers that are pretty good friends than do some runs together in keep loot within their circle sort to speak.

I honestly like this topic and like what everyone has had to say about it so far. Would be interesting to see what Blizzards plans or ideas on this are.

Not bad, dude, but that's about as far as I'd go with it. Even then, I wouldn't call that a guild.

Also, if you don't like my post... hit the dislike button, don't +1 the thread with your useless opinion about hating my thread. Put some information in there about why you dislike it. Again, you've failed to read my post correctly, but I'll say it once again. Clans... were... never... officially... supported... in... Diablo. Do me a favor and don't post in here unless you've got something to bring to the conversation. I'm tired of you +1'ers.
Edited by acid_rain on 9/22/2011 5:53 AM PDT
The only purpose a guild would server would be to make it easier to find people to play with but you could just as easily add people to your friends list.
09/22/2011 05:58 AMPosted by Scaryman
The only purpose a guild would server would be to make it easier to find people to play with but you could just as easily add people to your friends list.

Or maybe... idk... CLAN WARS?!
I've got plenty of friends. Stop being a troll. REAL-ID is all you need to find friends to play with. You've provided no solution, except being a flaming troll. You didn't even read my entire post, so you've missed most of the information.

Real-ID accomplishes this without the need of a clan or guild. I can find all my friends in WoW, SC2, and D3 all at once and update my Toaster status to let them know what's going on. No more /f m's.

Next..
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I would think the design strategy we already see in the game is effectively saying this is more socially based in the sense that we meet new people and yet still have the option to play with friends. Clearly, in my opinion that is, it seems a 4 person cap on the games sort of tells me where Bliz wants to go with this.

Now should there be guild support? Why not, consumers such as ourselves love options, even if we do not use them.
Meh I see no reason that a clan system would "ruin" diablo III. Your reasons for not wanting a clan system are moot. If you do not like clans or what then simply don't join.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]