Diablo® III

Not for clan support.

(Locked)

i dont see why this is such an issue. theres at least 10 RL friends i know of that are going to be getting d3. were going to want to talk to eachother, even if were not in the exact same game. there will be 4 of us in a game of course, but logging on and having to send out 10+ hey you in a game yet messages blows. id rather just send 1 message out to my "guild clan w/e" of people i play with the most. also whats more fun than getting dank loots from some boss or rare and boasting to your friends who want it just as bad as you did? nothing
09/22/2011 05:19 AMPosted by acidrain
There is absolutely no use for clans/guilds in Diablo. I don't want WoW hippies ruining my dark, awesome game with their DKP caca, and I certainly don't want those chicks who play Druids all the time to come ruin my fun with their "know it all" attitudes. I'm probably being extremely over-protective about D3, but I want to make sure this feels like D3 every moment I log in, not WoW.

All these sentences are your opinions.

Talking about guild leaders in Diablo? Say what? Pay to win? Say what? "Grind gear?" Say WHAT?!

If guilds are implemented, there will be guild masters. You can pay to win using RMAH. Gear was/is absolutely a grind in the endgame.

I fail to see how she was so evil by using these button topics.

The Real-ID system is more than enough to capture socially-triggered games.

No way in hell. Im not going to realid friend every stranger i meet, nor the ones i meet and play with consistently. All other things aside, this sentence is wrong, imo.

Honestly, Diablo III is a completely unique game. I don't want the lines blurred between World of Warcraft and D3.

Hahahahah. You're deluding yourself, then. Its a little too late for that. Your militant anti-wow feelings are your own buisnes, but i would't tout them as the "general consensus."

Even the terminology bleeding over makes me cringe. The greatest thing about Diablo to me was the fact that it was classic and hardcore, and the best way to keep it that way was to distinguish Diablo as a very dark, cultist-type game. I really loved the fact that those who played WoW really had no idea of how Diablo worked.

You don't like the way people talk when in diablo? Kindof... mean. And silly.

People who played wow have no idea how diablo worked? Debatable, especially considering how many wow folks post here, excited about the game.

I want clans in this game. I want to be able to constantly have my close group of friends and people i meet in one place, so everyone can be in touch. I like playing publics, but i like playing with people i know more. Clans would help cement a larger group of players and form a smaller community within the larger D3 community. You didn't make any reasonable argument why they're detrimental other than "HATEWOW."
Edited by Damouse on 9/22/2011 10:09 AM PDT
71 Night Elf Druid
This thread makes me lol. I for one want clan support added. like others have said before me, i cant be bothered with adding every single person in the clan as a RealID friend. and sure maybe you can only have 4 people in a game, but it doesnt have to be the same 4 people. and id really like to see a clan bank (uh oh! wow has a guild bank to! oh noes!) but in all reality this games loot based, so why not be able to drop items in a shared storage for lower leveled clan members do get ahold of some good items that higher levels dont want and wish to share? Ive been apart of clans in almost all games since i started gaming on Diablo 1. why stop now? because ur having a identity crisis between wow and D3?
or you could xfire ive use it for guild wars and few other games before
I think it's stupid NOT to have clan support for the game because it keeps the game interesting. I have real life friends that I want to play with and friends I made among other games that I never met in real life that I'd want to play with too.

Honestly, a good chuck of the time I played WoW was sitting in town in basically a gloried chat box because there was conversation going on.

I recently gave up the game but if I could continue to talk to people I used to play with and still engage in the conversations while playing Diablo3, I'd be happy with that.

If anything, Blizzard would make more money as I talk about this game while they are bored sitting in WoW or SC2 and want to try out a hack-and-slash game. I'd play longer as I could start out a level 1 hero and play from the beginning with 3 other people. I'd rather have that than a flood of random public games with people I'll never see again.

In a WoW mentality, I liked grouping with people I had in guild because it was more relaxed and fun compared to "omg, you suck. i'm leaving" with random strangers.

realID is ok, but it doesn't hold the group setting that I like.

Diablo 3 is not WoW nor will it ever be but the people I know and play with don't change and I'd like to at least chat with em.

I think it would be totally awesome if they can add a guild/clan/whatever chatbox that spans all three of their major games and remote iphone.
After watching a video about an opinion on RMAH (ForceSC2strategy) I was completely pissed. I heard it was being discussed to integrate guild/clan support with D3. Do not want. Hear me out here, I'm not trying to be an !@# or a troll...

There is absolutely no use for clans/guilds in Diablo. I don't want WoW hippies ruining my dark, awesome game with their DKP caca, and I certainly don't want those chicks who play Druids all the time to come ruin my fun with their "know it all" attitudes. I'm probably being extremely over-protective about D3, but I want to make sure this feels like D3 every moment I log in, not WoW.

The reason for this is right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUxI0fWLoI

It's obvious this girl just read some crap about D3 online, and thought up some random diarrhea to spew out of the mouth. Talking about guild leaders in Diablo? Say what? Pay to win? Say what? "Grind gear?" Say WHAT?! It's pretty evident she's a WoW fiend trying to get views on her YouTube account by complaining about a great thing (RMAH).

"The guild leader is expected to buy gold and support his guild, and you know, spend hundreds of dollars on their game every month."

I know this is just a flimsy, biased opinion, but I REALLY felt the need to say please do not add clan/guild support to this game. The Real-ID system is more than enough to capture socially-triggered games. We can meet new people in public games, etc. Please keep idiots like this person out of Diablo III. Honestly, Diablo III is a completely unique game. I don't want the lines blurred between World of Warcraft and D3. Even the terminology bleeding over makes me cringe. The greatest thing about Diablo to me was the fact that it was classic and hardcore, and the best way to keep it that way was to distinguish Diablo as a very dark, cultist-type game. I really loved the fact that those who played WoW really had no idea of how Diablo worked.

it was allways a part of diablo ,you could kick a member out if you wanted to... if that member was behaving like an !@#...
if its going to be like it was in wc2 ,sc and diablo2 you had a private channel and others had no clue what your channel was so they would first have to be invited to find out where that clan's channel would be...

offcource i don't know how its going to be in d3 but that was the way it was back in wc2 ,sc and diablo2 so it was also cross game...
Edited by IMTC on 9/22/2011 10:57 AM PDT
If they did implement clans in d3 it would be geared more around social interaction. In my WoW guild there were tons and tons of people i would always talk to and go "do stuff" with that weren't on my real id and if i wasn't in the guild i probably would have lost touch with them. I think it would be a nice addition to the game just to be able to socialize with people that i enjoy being around.
85 Human Death Knight
I think you need to be careful with how you perceive a guild would work in D3. Personally, I think it is a great idea; yes, D3 is a social game and no it is not a raiding, dkp-system type game. So, why not make it possible for individuals to spark a sense of community and individuality (relative to the community) through guilds? Who says there needs to be anything even similar to WoW in terms of what guilds exist for (raids, rbg, etc). Instead, focus on guild perks, achievements (kill Diablo 1000 times in a guild game, for example). The 'guild' need not be a necessary tool for seeing content, instead make a tool for bolstering social interaction.

TL:DR, do not assume that a guild in Diablo would be the same as WoW.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]