Diablo® III

is it "OK" to share beta access on same comp?

Can beta testers invite their cousins over to play? or would that be considered breaking the rules?
Reply Quote
It's against the rules to share your battle.net account with anyone. That said, nobody cares so as long as you don't advertise that you're doing it (such as making this topic) you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
Yes it is against the terms of service.

That said, Blizzard has no way of determining who is actually in front of the keyboard so there's no way for them to monitor and enforce this type of thing.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Do it. There is no way to know who's !@# is planted in your computer chair.
Reply Quote
Uhm, they don't care what you do as long as you don't share your account information. They don't bug your house and know you let your cousin on your computer......
Reply Quote
Just tell me how blizzard could know that you are 4 in a room, you on the game and family behind watching you playing the game ?

If you have the answer to that question, you have the answer to your question !
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
It's sort of like doing drugs. No one is going to find out about it unless you let the whole world know what you're up to.

Like when you post on the forum asking if it's ok...
Reply Quote
Totally reported you bad, bad person you.
Reply Quote
so many haters.
Reply Quote
Not allowed. Reported.

09/22/2011 09:14 AMPosted by Skyfire

Asking for clarifications on rules is breaking a rule?

So if I ask if it's illegal to rob a bank, I should go to jail for asking? lolwut?
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 09:17 AMPosted by Vanguard
Not allowed. Reported.

So if I ask if it's illegal to rob a bank, I should go to jail for asking? lolwut?

They are just idiots, put them on ur ignore.
Reply Quote
Not allowed. Reported.

no but its questions like these which are just plain dumb.

If your asking whether its illegal to rob a bank, you shouldnt go to jail, you should probably get some common sense for asking that question in the first place though.
Edited by ACPRO on 9/22/2011 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
isnt there some kind of rule where if its on your pc and u are present for it they are allowed? i thought there was.

but really who would know anyways
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
Actually, I'm sure they careful log and watch your specific style of play. As a resutl they will totally be able to tell when someone else is playing at your machine! Your Mom, Dad, Grandma, and best friend. You have put this all jeopardy..... Actually they would probably be glad that your Grandma played... so they could hear about her reaction as a first time user. =)

Just don't be emailing out you bnet access and you should be fine. From what I understand is they want the beta to be on the machine you specked out, and to remain under your control. Who operates the game doesn't really matter + They would have no way to track it

As a side note, you wouldn't be a very good friend if you didn't let your friends give it a shot. =)
Have fun and enjoy (if you have the beta), i will be anxiously anticipating the full release.
Edited by Jessicafox on 9/22/2011 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Not allowed. Reported.

not really something to joke about. its not a very outlandish idea. i mean think about it, we DID have the patriot act didnt we?

eh?

eh?
Reply Quote
Don't do it. Blizzard has a software installed in your system called the Warden. They can see you through your monitor.

Just kidding. K sorry. I feel bad already for poking fun at you.
Reply Quote
You shouldn't have done that...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]