Diablo® III

is it "OK" to share beta access on same comp?

09/22/2011 09:11 AMPosted by Anti
Can beta testers invite their cousins over to play? or would that be considered breaking the rules?

dumbest question in the world.....
Reply Quote
Put a sign outside your house, "Diablo 3 Beta in HERE" and charge them $20 for half an hour to play.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
Maybe she can post a Craigslist add..."$30 per run though of Diablo 3 beta. Must play on my home machine. Hot pockets and cola to be provided for an additional $5 fee"

LOL -> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/vgm/2609880092.html
Edited by Jessicafox on 9/22/2011 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/22/2011 09:23 AMPosted by HatTruck
Put a sign outside your house, "Diablo 3 Beta in HERE" and charge them $20 for half an hour to play.

In an apartment complex...I'll probably need to get my gun out to make em get off the computer when their wallets run dry.
Reply Quote
They take your fingerprints when you play on your keyboard, then analyze them and compare them when you enter the game again. If they don't match you will get banned...

Or not :P
Reply Quote
Blizzard takes your blood sample every time you log into a video game they created. Don't risk it, bro.
Reply Quote
It's against the rules to share your battle.net account information, but that rule is there to protect yourself against hacking more than anything. If you log in the account yourself and stick around to make sure your friend doesn't screw up your account, you're golden!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
09/22/2011 09:23 AMPosted by HatTruck

blizzards lawyyers would be all over that soooooooo fast. lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
09/22/2011 09:37 AMPosted by Suu
It's against the rules to share your battle.net account information, but that rule is there to protect yourself against hacking more than anything. If you log in the account yourself and stick around to make sure your friend doesn't screw up your account, you're golden!

protects them from having to fix whatever the hackers do to your account. thats THE reason the rule exists in the first place, it takes a lot of time and resources from them to handle all the hacked accounts so they create the rule to try to keep the number of hacked accounts down.
Reply Quote
Cousins aren't allowed unless your from Kansas.
Reply Quote
umm... do i look like i have beta access???

why the hell are you guys reporting me? jesus christ.. get a life guys.

the reason i made this thread is because i was watching the diablounderground stream on d3stash.com/streams ... the guy said he was letting his cousin play, i told him he was breaking the rules... then the next day i see he has banned me from his chat, which kind of pissed me off because i knew that i was right and posted this thread just to verify that.
Reply Quote
The gaming police will show up at your house and arrest you bro. I wouldn't chance it.
Edited by Dep on 9/22/2011 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

the reason i made this thread is because i was watching the diablounderground stream on d3stash.com/streams ... the guy said he was letting his cousin play, i told him he was breaking the rules... then the next day i see he has banned me from his chat, which kind of pissed me off because i knew that i was right and posted this thread just to verify that.

Sometimes in life you gotta pick your battles, being right isn't the end all cure all you think it is. People can make laws/rules all they want, if they can't enforce them its pointless.

As a matter of fact you could take screen shots, video, even a web cam of this guy letting his cousin play, submit it to Blizzard and they would do absolutley nothing.
Edited by Dep on 9/22/2011 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL at the people reporting. He didn't say he was doing it, just asking if it was okay. Blizzard won't do anything to him based on asking if it's okay.
Reply Quote

Sometimes in life you gotta pick your battles, being right isn't the end all cure all you think it is. People can make laws/rules all they want, if they can't enforce them its pointless.

As a matter of fact you could take screen shots, video, even a web cam of this guy letting his cousin play, submit it to Blizzard and they would do absolutley nothing.

youre taking this a little too seriously.. at the time i didnt even care that he was letting someone else play... i was just giving him a little !@#$ by saying "youre breaking the rules" .. which is why i was annoyed to see i was banned from the chat because that was about the only thing i said, not like i was wrong to begin with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]