Diablo® III

+1 Random Property in Windforce

35 Undead Rogue
I say this is quite an entertaining element in this game. But i'm wondering what this random property could be? Is it a true RANDOM or we just have a basket of properties in which it will be selected? And this property could be negative?

I was wondering whether it couold be +1 whirlwind skill, +1 teleport or -100HP? LOL

Windforce2-Hand
Legendary Bow
230.4–236.9 Damage Per Second
(39–40) to (257–265) Damage
1.40 Attacks Per Second
+11-22 Cold Damage
+26-30% Damage
+75-89 Attack
+25-27 Life After Each Kill
+1 Random Property
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
I don't think random properties can be bad.
Reply Quote
I dont think its a case of a negative its more did you get the right positive affect or will a different windforce be better due to its better rand affect such as a + dmg mod etc
Reply Quote
35 Undead Rogue
a windforce could become a trash or invaluable, depending on this random property LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/22/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Raginhart
a windforce could become a trash or invaluable, depending on this random property LOL.

that's the whole point.

they want you to salvage uniques to get them out of the market. So if you got a rare unique weapon with a trash random property roll, you're most likely to salvage. If it has a good random roll but it's not good for your class, than you'd sell it.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Hunter
When I saw Windforce in the list, I smiled.
Reply Quote
+10% chance to spawn a fighting Murkablo.
Reply Quote
35 Undead Rogue
if it could be leech life or leech mana, that would be very very valuable.
Reply Quote
+knockback
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 06:27 PMPosted by Beebles

there def were negative properties in other diablos

edit = really bad spelling mistake
Edited by Brandon on 9/22/2011 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Brandon

there def were negative properties in other diablos

edit = really bad spelling mistake

Yes, but in Diablo 2 most negative properties were static. That is to say, Duskdeep would always have reduced light radius, but if you were to roll Light Radius as a random modifier, you could get Glimmering (+1) or Glowing (+2). Andariel's Visage always had reduced Fire Resistance, but you should* never find a magic or rare helm with reduced Fire Resistance.

Likely, you will not see negative random properties in Diablo III, judging by the fact that all of the Griswold's Edges found so far have had different beneficial properties.

That being said, the item can still go from useless to incredible depending on your random properties. For instance, +1% experience will be quite underwhelming by the time you can use Windforce, and utterly useless at level 60, but +90 Attack could be pretty impressive.

Also, Scrolls of Reforging let you re-roll random properties on items that aren't level 50+, at the cost of 10% max durability. So if you're using a mid-high level Legendary and you don't want the random properties you got the first time, you can probably re-roll it a handful of times before the durability becomes inconveniently low.

* I say should on account of the fact that glitched items did indeed occur periodically, with modifiers that should not be possible. For instance, a Stone of Jordan with +3 Sorceress skills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]