Diablo® III

crafting: ultimate money sink

There are tons and tons of craftable items. With some giving +6 random properties. If stars aligned and 6 random properties turned out just right, it would laugh at all the other drops and legendaries.

Do you all think that crafted items will take up the majority of gear slots for most players?

It is certainly looking like crafting is going to eat gold and items left and right.
Reply Quote
They will take up the majory of players wallets.
Reply Quote
agreed... i'm looking forward to crafting i think it will add a nice bit if variety to the game.
Reply Quote
48 Human Rogue
Who needs the old gambling system right? hehe

I believe I read somewhere that "some" craftable items have the possibility of being the best in the game over legendaries ... if the stars align
Reply Quote
Well I remember them saying that a level 60 player should have a mix of craftable, set, rare, and legendary items. However, since there are 7 pages of crafting recipes and stuff like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/resplendent-valaska I am pretty sure crafting is going to dominate the game.
Reply Quote
A random property can be a variety of things. +Damage to life steal to resistances
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There are tons and tons of craftable items. With some giving +6 random properties. If stars aligned and 6 random properties turned out just right, it would laugh at all the other drops and legendaries.

Do you all think that crafted items will take up the majority of gear slots for most players?

It is certainly looking like crafting is going to eat gold and items left and right.

Nah, not for most players. The average player will be happy to be decked out in legendaries. The real money will be in crafting rares to sell to the PvP kids. I like the system because it gives everyone something to do and if you're lucky and get the right combination of stats, you get very rich very quickly. It's like a lottery :D
Reply Quote
I hope random properties can lead to , random skill casts, auras (or mantras in D3), knockback, freeze target and such. That would be EPIC. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]