Diablo® III

Are you against expansion lvl cap increase?

In other words, the expansion could possibly increase the level cap from 60 to 70 or so. Are you against it?

Yes or no? Feel free to expand if you wish
Edited by Raseru on 9/22/2011 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I never see why expanding levels is a bad thing, it allows for new skills, more challenges, etc. Just as long as its maxed out at 10. I like 5 lvl increases but that's just me
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
09/22/2011 01:01 AMPosted by Còntrol
I never see why expanding levels is a bad thing, it allows for new skills, more challenges, etc. Just as long as its maxed out at 10. I like 5 lvl increases but that's just me

Because it breaks old content.

Increasing the level cap would mean competely redoing inferno difficulty, and rebalancing the early acts of the other difficulties.

There's nothing that stops them from putting all that stuff in the game without increasing the level cap (new skills, challenges, gear, etc.)
Edited by Ilsa on 9/22/2011 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, if it makes old content irrelevant. No, if it brings current content up to the level cap. Cutting content from what will be a narrow end game to begin with is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
What I don't like about increasing the level cap is how all the current end-game gear would become instantly obsolete. There's a lot of nostalgia end gear in the game from datamining like SoJs, Bul'Kathos wedding band, Azurewrath, etc etc. Diablo II never faced that problem because it was level 99 from the get-go.
Edited by Helacious on 9/22/2011 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 01:06 AMPosted by Helacious
What I don't like about increasing the level cap is how all the current end-game gear would become instantly obsolete. There's a lot of nostalgia end gear in the game from datamining like SoJs, Bul'Kathos wedding band, Azurewrath, etc etc. Diablo II never faced that problem because it was level 99 from the get-go.

You don't need to raise the level cap to ruin all end game gear, I don't know what game you played but all the gear in diablo 2 became pretty much worthless as soon as rune words were introduced into lord of destruction.

That being said, they -could- raise the level cap, but there is little reason to, things I wanna see in an expansion are new classes/acts. New skills are fine too, or perhaps this would really blow my mind if they added a new rune type.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Hunter
As long as the gap in monsters and gear is less than WoW. freakin ridiculous ilvl gains in each expansion. 60 seems like an odd cap if they wont increase it imo.
Reply Quote

You don't need to raise the level cap to ruin all end game gear, I don't know what game you played but all the gear in diablo 2 became pretty much worthless as soon as rune words were introduced into lord of destruction.

That being said, they -could- raise the level cap, but there is little reason to, things I wanna see in an expansion are new classes/acts. New skills are fine too, or perhaps this would really blow my mind if they added a new rune type.

I don't know what game YOU played but in D2 there was a lot of gear still relevant from vanilla. We're not talking BiS, that would be the broken RW, we're talking about power/availability like SoJ or Arlequin's Crest and also things like rare Circlets. In any case, it certainly didn't kill the gear of the old game like a level increase expansion would...
Edited by Helacious on 9/22/2011 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As long as not "all" of the gear becomes outdated and crappy, I'm okay with it.
Reply Quote
If there is no level cap increase, then would there have to be modes past inferno with better gear too?
Reply Quote
How could you possibly know this just out of curiosity?
Reply Quote
Would this work? Let's say they increase to 70 with exp, include a 5th act and move inferno to after the 5th act and level 70 requirement while also increasing its difficulty?
Reply Quote
I just assumed that they would raise the level cap in the expansion, but now I am starting to wonder. With all the time they have taken making all Inferno monsters level 61, and making it an even difficulty across the game, they are unlikely to allow you to go to level 70 in the expansion.

It is easy to say, just raise all the monsters in Inferno to level 71, but you would lose the even transition from Hell to Inferno, as you are supposed to end at about level 60. You would have to play Hell through again, perhaps several times, to get to say level 68 so you could realistically compete in Inferno. Seems like a lot of releveling and balancing, but not out of the question.
Reply Quote
Not at all. I think level 100 would be a nice cap.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
I don't have the source with me but I think I remember hearing this in an interview that mobs in inferno will always be one level higher than your level. This means that old content will still be enjoyable after expansions.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Levels and gear don't work the same in a Diablo game, though. Sometimes you would put on your best piece of gear at level 30. I would be surprised if they added more levels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]