Diablo® III

PayPal Alone @ AH :'(

Hello! .. i wish if blizzard consider that not all countries world-wide supported by PayPal
and add another service beside it that's not the least paypal problems transaction benefit it takes is huge too.

Gimme a key
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 07:30 AMPosted by Jman
Which countries don't support PayPal?

I could be wrong, but I believe there are some Eastern European countries that can use PayPal to buy things, but they can't receive money through PayPal (or could only hold a balance, and couldn't transfer the funds to a bank account/credit card... or something). So those people could essentially never cash out.

Again, could be wrong but I recall reading a thread on the EU boards talking about it.
Edited by Skyfire on 9/22/2011 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
People will learn to exploit them if they have too many other methods of payment.
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 07:40 AMPosted by RiggeX
People will learn to exploit them if they have too many other methods of payment.

The reason Blizzard chose PayPal is simple.

Ebay owns PayPal. Who better to help them implement a secure online auction house? Part of the deal may have been PayPal requesting exclusive rights to the transactions in Diablo and that's why they're the only one. (Blizzard won't do it, because becoming a bank is a whole ball of crap a developer like Blizzard doesn't want)

Of course, this is just my speculation :)
Edited by Skyfire on 9/22/2011 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
the 3pp will be region based if you can't use paypal in a region there will be one you can use
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 07:51 AMPosted by Skyfire

The reason Blizzard chose PayPal is simple.

Ebay owns PayPal. Who better to help them implement a secure online auction house? Part of the deal may have been PayPal requesting exclusive rights to the transactions in Diablo and that's why they're the only one. (Blizzard won't do it, because becoming a bank is a whole ball of crap a developer like Blizzard doesn't want)

Of course, this is just my speculation :)

I believe all transactions in the Auction house are taken care of by Blizzard and PayPal only get involved if you choose to cash-out.
Reply Quote
It is also very very hard for some people living in Asia (like myself) to get any kind of credit card.

But don't worry OP - Bashi did confirm that the free listings would at least allow you to participate in the 'Blizzbucks' AH without a credit card.
Reply Quote

From what I've read before, PayPal may offer a microtransactions contract with Blizzard which means instead of the usual 2.9% + $.30 per transaction, it will be more like .5% + $.05 per transaction.

Considering you are unable to dump your collected eBalance in one transaction (except for the already discussed work around), this may be a plausible solution for smaller items that will sell for $1.00.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]