Diablo® III

What Will Happen Today? (Release Date?)

Well, while it is almost the 1st in Japan right now, it is the 31st now stateside. This is the official anniversary of Diablo.

Quite a lot of sites have predicted *something* happening today. Maybe a release date, maybe a reveal, maybe something utterly crazy we cannot predict (hey guys, delay was a hoax, game is in stores already!). Maybe a massive beta wave (crosses fingers)?

Maybe sweet bugger all.

What do you think?

Reply Quote
I hope it's being released. I think it's going to be more teasers, or more beta invites. Guess we'll see pretty soon ^_^
Reply Quote
I am guessing they officially state "expect a release date soon" just to keep us crazy x.x
Reply Quote
Who knows with Blizzard? It could be anything from announcing that they ACTUALLY summoned diablo from the burning hells to a new wallpaper that says ” yay anniversary...”
Reply Quote
12/31/2011 02:20 AMPosted by SteelCent
I think the majority of blizzard employees will visit the liquor store today if they haven't already. I too, will visit the liquor store. Than as midnight nears, me, blizzard folk, and much of the world will start drinking in celebration of a new year.

7:30pm where I am. Already celebrating myself, over a delicious mochi-nabe and a bottle of single malt. Let's hope that tomorrow there will be some news to take the sting out of the hangover :)
Reply Quote
omg the planets are aligning, sign of release?

Anyways Blizzard is probably on their break, don't expect much.
Reply Quote
Disappointment :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/31/2011 02:20 AMPosted by SteelCent
I think the majority of blizzard employees will visit the liquor store today if they haven't already. I too, will visit the liquor store. Than as midnight nears, me, blizzard folk, and much of the world will start drinking in celebration of a new year.

QFT. I'm sure many want to spend the day at home with their families. Others, out partying. I doubt we'll see much over the weekend.
Reply Quote
12/31/2011 02:27 AMPosted by syrik
I think Blizzard is at home.

I'm going to go ahead and say ABSOLUTELY NOT (from a person with industry experience). Guaranteed 24/7 operation at such a company and I'm sure many even work holidays (by choice).

Any media release planned for today would have been prepared in advance anyway.

It's not even 9am EST, the day is young and we can hope =)
Edited by Mercanyin on 12/31/2011 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
^Except theres a blue post floating around saying they will see us next year and bashiok stated on twitter to expect something 'fun' the week AFTER diablos anniversary.
Reply Quote
Good info.

I still have no doubts that people are working their asses off on the game right now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
A week long open beta stress test?! I know dream on but its as good a guess as any.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/31/2011 05:56 AMPosted by Oingoboingo
^Except theres a blue post floating around saying they will see us next year and bashiok stated on twitter to expect something 'fun' the week AFTER diablos anniversary.

If this is true, then thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
wait till it's the first over here
they run on pacific time
so like 16 more hours
Reply Quote
A single tweaked profession skill for MoP.
Reply Quote
I work at target in the electronics section. Believe me when i say its not in stores already. Its not even in our big book that tell us when we will be getting games.
Reply Quote
Well, happy new years from Japan! Bed time now, let's see if there is anything to see tomorrow ^_^.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]