Diablo® III

Health is to easy to come by in D3

I honestly do not like how easy they have made this game. Creatures drop health that heals your whole party. This basically just takes away from using health potions. I did not die once in the beta and I have maxed out all the characters. What happened to the old Diablo challenge of having to use potions in crucial situations? I hope they make this game a lot harder because the Skeleton King was an absolute joke in the beta.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
it was not challenging to chug health potions in D2 and they took up a quite a bit of space. i think the health globes are a decent change since you don't really control when they'll show up, feels a lil more challenging to rely on them HOPEFULLY dropping. not entirely sure what their drop rate is or if they'll be less frequent in the higher difficulties.

health potions as they are in beta seem to have a cooldown on them so you can't just chug them. that in itself brings additional difficulty.
Edited by Totempest on 12/31/2011 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why are you complaining how easy the game is when its only a beta...of ACT 1 (actually 1/3 of ACT 1) and blizzard has stated ACT 1 is not meant to be hard. Plus the games on the lowest difficulty. Its very possible they altered the health globe drops at higher difficulty.

I dont see how anyone would want to go back to mashing health potion days.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Correct me if I am wrong, in the beta you only play on normal difficulty and up to one of the first mini bosses of act 1.

If this is true how can you even make the statment you made above. Act1 normal should be some what easy. The skeleton king is like fighting Diablo II's Blood Raven.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
This seems to be a topic more about the frequent drop of health globes than the overall difficulty of the game. no reason to jump down the guys throat. it's not entirely a "game's too easy thread" that you all have seen 1,000 times before.
Reply Quote
Who would've thought, a Diablo veteran that doesn't die in the tutorial.

THE GAME MUST BE TOO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

:)

I almost died with Monk though... I had to pull some insane micro.
Reply Quote
@Doombringer

The barbarian and monk seem to be much harder to play then the ranged characters. I watched force die two or three times on his first walkthrough as a barbarian so you're not alone :)
Reply Quote
@IcEbLiZard

It really depends what kind of champion/unique mods you encounter. I agree though, Monk and barbarian have a hard time early on. DH also have a hard time simply because her ranged weapons are horrible until you craft some.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Never had a problem with my barb, but died once on a monk (just so happens to be my least favorite class)

i laugh everytime i see a "game is too easy i just played beta make it harder" thread. 1/3rd of act 1. on normal difficulty. go play d2 normal and see how easy it is to go do blood raven or a tristram run. heres a hint: its super easy.
Edited by Zumix on 12/31/2011 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
i feel let down that people this silly are allowed into the beta.........
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/31/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Liberty
I honestly do not like how easy they have made this game. Creatures drop health that heals your whole party. This basically just takes away from using health potions.

This was the entire point of the health globes, to make it so you don't spam potions. You would know this if you paid attention of the development.

I did not die once in the beta

I would hope that you didn't die during the very few quests of act 1 NORMAL. That would make you a pitiful Diablo player, indeed.

What happened to the old Diablo challenge of having to use potions in crucial situations?

Is this a joke? In D1 and D2, you SPAMMED potions, you never saved them for crucial situations.. However, if there are no health globes and since potions have a cooldown in D3, you DO use them in crucial situations, since it's your only heal when you can't find a health globe.

This is the reason why health pots are still in.

I hope they make this game a lot harder because the Skeleton King was an absolute joke in the beta.

The skeleton king is a minor boss in the first part of act 1, he's not even the act boss. Also, it's normal mode.

If you can beat the skeleton king in inferno(on the 4th difficulty of D3) with no gear, without dying, then I will be impressed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]