Diablo® III

"Paper doll" should have a lock option

(Locked)

Imagine that you have spent real world money on items and have someone throw them on the ground while you are away from your computer (eating, bathroom break). The Paper Doll should have a lock option.

For example, you are playing Diablo 3 in a computer laboratory for students, you go get something to eat and while you are gone someone decides it is funny to throw your best Diablo 3 item on the ground and exit the game. You come back in horror to be missing an expensive item. You should be able to lock the Paper Doll with a password.

The term "Paper Doll" refers to the human figure seen in the Inventory window, which players dress up with various items. In Diablo III the paper doll is part of the Inventory menu.

What is a "Paper doll"? See here: http://www.diablowiki.net/Paper_doll
Or ya know....you could log out...... just sayin'
and then someone throws stuff from you Inventory or your Stash away or spend all your Gold or bids with your Blizzard-$ on some useless Stuff

just log out
85 Troll Shaman
Windows Key + L = lock computer, requiring you to type in your password when you get back does this same thing. Also, why couldn't someone just "unlock" your character and do the same thing?

Also ... why are you playing in a computer lab for students?
12/29/2011 11:14 AMPosted by ThomasLavoie
For example, you are playing Diablo 3 in a computer laboratory for students, you go get something to eat and while you are gone someone decides it is funny to throw your best Diablo 3 item on the ground and exit the game. You come back in horror to be missing an expensive item. You should be able to lock the Paper Doll with a password.

Or... you could try not leaving your account logged in and unattended around people you don't trust?

What kind of "computer lab for students" would let you just install any software you wanted (and why would you enter login credentials of ANY kind on such a computer)?
Edited by Razoth on 12/29/2011 11:24 AM PST
oh FFS.

Seriously?

Can anyone ever do anything at all for themselves?

Or should every game ever have every possible retarded user mishap covered by completley redundant locks, safetys, etc because people are to damn stupid to possibly do anything at all for themselves.

Amen.
12/29/2011 11:21 AMPosted by MadScientist
Or ya know....you could log out...... just sayin'
I also think every time you open your inventory, AH, RMAH, and even speak in the game you should enter your authenticator which will be mandatory. Also every 5 mins a box should pop up and your game should freeze until you put in the authenticator just in case someone punched you in the face and wanted to play at the student computer lab that's running gaming computers
Windows Key + L = Lock Computer

Requires Password to log back into Windows.

Your items are safe.

Or as mentioned above. Log out...
How are student computers good enough to even run D3...
Can I get a lock for my wallet? I left it in front of my computer when I was at an internet cafe and I came back and it was gone.
Don't you know how to lock your pc?

Noob.
I require an antipersonal plasma shield to protect myself whenever I go out in public. You never know if you're going to get shot by a bullet or meteor from space.

If I were you, I would be more concerned with having my external drive stolen (as well as mess with your gear). On top of that, are you certain you have super computers there at school that you actually have free time to !%!# around on? I know I do since I tested one of them while on duty at my college. StarCraft II ran like hot butter on that HP. Giant screen to boot.

And are you even confident of the security methods on those machines? I was only aware of the image lockdown programs in places because I worked there. Even then I would restart the computer to make sure the currently logged in session was purged before I ever attempted to log into the forums on any machine.

In conclusion, you don't need some lockdown program. You just need to be smart and use school computers for trolling forums.
I used to play tibia and one day with tibia left running for a bit, my older brother thought it would be funny to throw the items in an unreachable place. I'm surprised he even knew how to do that though since he never games.

That was the end of my armor :(
- ANZ
So many people have made dumb mistakes such as this in the past, across all Blizzard games.

You have no idea how many times I have someone in SC2 Technical Support requesting a second name change because "My little brother jumped on when I forgot to log-off Battle.net and used my free Name Change."

People could take credit for their own stupidity, and that means that.... *GASP* I have to 'think' before I leave the game logged in when I go AFK?

I completely trust the people who might have access to my computer, but I still Lock it anyway. It's not that hard...

12/29/2011 12:57 PMPosted by CrazyValheru
Can I get a lock for my wallet? I left it in front of my computer when I was at an internet cafe and I came back and it was gone.

+1

No signature.
LOLs that was a good laugh and it got so many bites.
The "Paper doll" option would be optional. You don't use it at first, but once you have an extremely expensive perfect build, you'll really appreciate to be able to lock your items.

I don't like the idea of the guy who payed 16 000$ (Google: Man pays $16000 for virtual sword) have a sudden lag spike and decides to "ctrl+alt+delete", he thinks he is back in windows mode, but he is not (windows is known for double transitional screens), he clicks the 16 000$ sword and throws it on the ground without realising it and he clicks "end task" on Diablo 3. This has happened to a lot of players (except the part about it being worth 16 000$).

What if your pissed off girlfriend goes in your Diablo 3 account and throws all your items away and leaves the game.

The ability to run Diablo 3 in student computer labs is besides the point. And, computer labs serves as an example. Also, I do not play in student computer labs, it was an example, you could say "in your home" with doors locked.

I'd even want a locked mercenary option. OPTIONAL ONLY. "Warning, you are about to hire a new mercenary, ALL ITEMS ON CURRENT MERCENARY WILL BE LOST" ... "Please enter confirmation code".

I'm able to bypass "Windows key" + "L" with a simple USB Flash Trojan to your computer in seconds.

It's so easy to hack World of Warcraft accounts, imagine how ridiculous it will be in Diablo 3 when it's a MONEY auction house.

A whole new online robbery community will appear.

If there is a locked paper doll it'll be impossible to steal your 180$ items. Let's say you only put the lock mode on your 180$ item. "To disable the lock on this item from your paper doll, please enter the color, number and letter that is being emailed to you immediately, your mother's maiden name and your father's date of birth, a Blizzard representative will be contacting you shortly". On a serious note though, the blizzard authenticators could be used to do this.
Edited by ThomasLavoie on 12/31/2011 11:37 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]