Diablo® III

A practical request from a HC fan

I agree with the OP. But once again this goes back to this generation needing their hands held at all times. Somehow the reason we cant start our first character on Hard Core mode is because some idiot that picks Hard Core mode first and dies might be upset when they lose their content and have to start over.

It makes NO SENSE to me at all, if you dont want to risk your character and progress DONT PLAY HARD CORE, but dont disallow it for the rest of us who enjoy the risk!
Reply Quote
Ok some of you here have never done CS before and you are forgetting how many people actually flipped their crap after seeing their characters deleted upon death.

Yea I know a lot of you here would not lose it if your lost your character on first runthru, but for the VAST majority that have NOT EVEN PLAYED the Diablo series who are gonna buy this game((I can count right now 15 people who are getting this game and never played the series IRL)) would just lose it or just say to heck with that if they accidentially started a HC character and not only dump the game, BUT would make certain to discourage all their friends from getting it.

It's these situations they are working to advoid, along with the 50,000 "WHY MY TOOON DED?!!?!?" calls to customer service.
Edited by Dolomaticus on 12/31/2011 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok some of you here have never done CS before and you are forgetting how many people actually flipped their crap after seeing their characters deleted upon death.

Yea I know a lot of you here would not lose it if your lost your character on first runthru, but for the VAST majority that have NOT EVEN PLAYED the Diablo series who are gonna buy this game((I can count right now 15 people who are getting this game and never played the series IRL)) would just lose it or just say to heck with that if they accidentially started a HC character and not only dump the game, BUT would make certain to discourage all their friends from getting it.

It's these situations they are working to advoid, along with the 50,000 "WHY MY TOOON DED?!!?!?" calls to customer service.

If a warning box was implemented, advising you that before you create this character on Hardcore, here are the rules on Hardcore mode, and your friends "didnt read the box" then they are striaght up morons, and deserve to lose their "Accidentally Created Hardcore Character".

Bottom line is what I already stated before, your response is what is killing society. People need their asses cleaned for them, and their hands held every step of life.

If that warning box was implemented and you had ANYONE complain about losing their character on hardcore, those players not only need to be banned for being a useless piece of the community, but they also need to cleansed from this earth for being useless additions to society if they cannot simply READ before clicking away on a video game.

Simple Response, "Sir/Ma'm their was a CLEAR AS DAY warning box that you signed off on before you created your character advising you of this risk. It's your own fault that your playing an M Rated game designed for competent adult players and you failed to READ the first warning box....."

Hell if READING is the big concern, have a voice over AUDIO read it for you, as well as displaying a Read along box for those of you that are mentally challenged....
Edited by Mordliss on 12/31/2011 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Even a registry value or something with no UI component to enable this from the start would be great. Let the people who really want this have the option. Playing HC requires a level of savviness anyway, so most interested could probably follow a few instructions to enable it.

As others have said, there is a big difference between experiencing the game for the first time and repeating it from the start. You play differently in HC. You avoid things, you take care, and the adrenaline is pumping because you're always at least one screen away from death. When you know what's coming, it's an entirely different experience.

Dungeon/monster randomization won't fill in for this because you still have a general idea of what can drop on your screen in any area of the game as you've already seen it once before. I unlocked HC in D2 via completing the game in SC. It was a thrill to turn a corner and survive a pack of fanat Wraiths nearly killing your char, but having played through it once there was never a moment that I didn't know what was there, and how to deal with it if I lasted long enough to do so. The idea that I could have had no idea what nearly killed my char and the ensuing game play to work through it makes me drool. I want that experience and I want the risks associated with it.

It's understandable that Blizz needs to make the game accessible to a large base of players, and to monetize their efforts so they can continue making games. The more people they can casually move into the Diablo world at a pace that doesn't turn them off will help fill that need. Some of us are long time fans though. We don't necessarily want a casual gaming experience. We want a thrill, a risk, a heart thumping adrenaline rush when your life globe drops to 5% and you have no idea why. A small gesture of appreciation for those types of players would be a very welcome addition.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]