Diablo® III

GS CE; Worried?

Should I be worried....

My parents wanted to buy me D3 CE for my birthday and I gave them the link to Amazon but they ended up pre-ordering online for in-store pickup at their local GS...

How the hell that happened is beyond me. Guess I just have to wait and see if I actually end up getting the CE or not.

P.S.
Not worried about not having a present on my actual birthday Mar. 8 as I'm in my mid twenties so to still be getting a birthday present from my parents is a nice bonus.
Reply Quote
12/30/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Draxx
How the hell that happened is beyond me.
Reply Quote
12/30/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Skyfire
How the hell that happened is beyond me.

Indeed
Reply Quote
12/30/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Draxx
actual birthday Mar. 8 as I'm in my mid twenties so to still be getting a birthday present from my parents is a nice bonus

You're lucky, my parents stopped giving me gifts once I turned 4.
Reply Quote
Other than the Midnight release of Sc2, I avoided GS with a fury. I honestly despise the company now, so much so, that I am avoiding going there again. To a degree, I am sure you will be fine. But there will be a chance it will be opened already by the time you get there.

I for one ordered from Amazon, I'd rather have it come a day or two after release than deal with Gs,
Reply Quote
I preordered the Starcraft CE from Gamestop and it was a-okay (I didn't even go to the midnight release).

I've also preordered several games from there with no complications. I see no reason as to why they should not have it.
Edited by Delmin on 12/30/2011 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh my god guys my confirmation email says the game will ship on 01/01/0001 is this the real release date!!!???
Reply Quote
12/30/2011 04:24 PMPosted by MerLock
actual birthday Mar. 8 as I'm in my mid twenties so to still be getting a birthday present from my parents is a nice bonus

You're lucky, my parents stopped giving me gifts once I turned 4.

Amen
Reply Quote
I preordered the Starcraft CE from Gamestop and it was a-okay (I didn't even go to the midnight release).

I've also preordered several games from there with no complications. I see no reason as to why they should not have it.

Just look around and will find out why gs is so bad. They practice rather unethical practices, especially when it comes to taking home games, opening them, and games being scratched for some unknown reason when they are suppose to be new.

I am not saying every Gs is bad, but there are just too many times there have been problems. Just remember the Deus Ex debacle, oh the bad publicity they got lol.
Reply Quote

Just look around and will find out why gs is so bad. They practice rather unethical practices, especially when it comes to taking home games, opening them, and games being scratched for some unknown reason when they are suppose to be new.

I am not saying every Gs is bad, but there are just too many times there have been problems. Just remember the Deus Ex debacle, oh the bad publicity they got lol.

Yeah this is what I'm worried about. I'm sure the Deus Ex thing is a rare in that they took stuff out but I have gotten games from them in the past that had scratched discs on a new PC game...

I've also heard of them overselling the CE of games before like airliners do for seats on a plane. The difference is the airline company will give you tickets to fly anywhere in the states for free and GS will graciously let you buy the non-CE version of the game... Doesn't really make up for it :-/

I guess there is nothing I can do at this point but pray and hope that it actually makes it into my hands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Go into the gamestop in question, meet the manager who runs the midnight events. Talk with him a bit, get on friendly terms and when the release date is set verify with him that corporate isn't requiring them to modify any contents of the CE case/your box will be untampered with. If you take the time to know the guy they are usually good about it.

If the manager is a jerk, get your pre-order moved to a different store.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]