Diablo® III

Forum Code of Conduct question

85 Tauren Druid
I read the Forum's code of conduct, and one issue was unclear to me. Many rules mention stricter punishment for second or third offenses.

For example,
1st offense - 24 hour ban
2nd offense - 24 hour ban with a warning.
3rd offense - permanent ban.

That makes perfect sense, but then I wonder, "How long does the first offense stick?" Do infractions drop after 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, never?

Also, hypothetically speaking, would a 24 hour ban permanently disqualify you for VIP status? No, I have not aspiration of every earning that status. Not even close.

For the record, this account has never received a temp ban. I was just curious about this.
Edited by Reylon on 12/31/2011 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Key words "this account"
Edited by Ardis on 12/31/2011 2:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Nono! I don't want to break even one rule ever! That is not sarcasm either. Neither have I taken a disliking to anyone on the forums.

I simply read the Code of Conduct and was curious. Nothing else. There is no deeper, hidden message within my post!
Reply Quote
I read the Forum's code of conduct, and one issue was unclear to me. Many rules mention stricter punishment for second or third offenses.

For example,
1st offense - 24 hour ban
2nd offense - 24 hour ban with a warning.
3rd offense - permanent ban.

That makes perfect sense, but then I wonder, "How long does the first offense stick?" Do infractions drop after 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, never?

Also, hypothetically speaking, would a 24 hour ban permanently disqualify you for VIP status? No, I have not aspiration of every earning that status. Not even close.

For the record, this account has never received a temp ban. I was just curious about this.

Good questions!

First, I'd like to say that I'm glad you took the time to read the forum's Code of Conduct. It's much appreciated by everyone, especially Blizzard staff, to fully read and understand the CoC. Now back to your questions:

I cannot answer this as fact, but I believe that reported accounts of infraction do not diminish over time; however, I do not believe it's clear as to whether certain actions/reports against the account stack either-- meaning it seems apparent to me that punishments and further scaled punishments are individual to the related infringement. I do not believe this was your exact question, I just wanted to shed some light on that.

Your question, it seems, has to do with individual cases of repeated infringements already; in which I would say again that I do not believe infractions diminish over time.

Assuming by "VIP" you mean MVP, I have not a clue.

However, you could try contacting Blizzard and asking them yourself. In fact, I strongly suggest it. The only reason why I've given my own personal input on your inquiry is simply because I too am a bit curious. It doesn't hurt to have more information at our disposal, does it?

For your MVP question, and your other question, you can try asking Blizzard through their contact email shown on this page:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442

Just scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see it.

Good luck. : - )

You're a theoretical habitual rule breaker for even inquiring as to such.

Either:

a) Stop living out dreams in theory or fantasy of breaking just enough rules to slide just below the permanent ban line
b) Stop trying to figure out how long someone you dislike has until they are banned

This is certainly one of the most painful posts I've ever read man, I'm not even trying to troll, it's just the line of thinking and psychological meaning of your inquiry is ridiculous. I feel like you should be permanently banned for the first infraction, just for having invested so much time in diligently fine combing the rule book. For real man.

I'm sure your advice has been heeded, but was it really necessary to give it in such a tone?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]