Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Beta Invite

01/01/2012 06:12 PMPosted by collinc
sending an email to Blizzard with my resume of Video Game betas

I lol'ed.

Anyways, they're eventually going to invite a ton of people a few weeks before release for a stress test. They've already mentioned that. I do understand what you're saying, I used to say the same thing when people would say it's just an hour or just this or just that. It may be "just" those things, but you totally want to experience it. It's just SUCH a let down when you finally do. :/

They had a listing on their jobs for a tester so I applied for it. I couldn't relocate though so I couldn't do it.
Reply Quote
Maybe I should start sending them emails. Constantly. XD
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Draken
Maybe I should start sending them emails. Constantly. XD

No.
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Draken
They had a listing on their jobs for a tester so I applied for it. I couldn't relocate though so I couldn't do it.

Oh ok, that's a little different. I pictured something like:

Dear Blizzard,

I have beta tested these games:

X
Y
Z

Please give me Diablo 3 beta.

Love,
Draken
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
<span class="truncated" />

It's just a demo. It's not a significant part of "the process".
not demo...BETA...big difference

Oh Really? (I know I'm taking this out of context)

2) If the title was delayed further, we should expect Diablo 3 to at least May / June 2012. How do you consider the idea that Diablo 3 will remain in beta for so long?

First I would like to confirm that we are doing everything possible to not delay the game further. There's nothing new about this, then everything is going well.
The fact that the game remains in beta for a long time do not concern us, we all know perfectly well that it is a demo of the game and does not contain all the features of the full game.
The beta still has its uses, of course, so that remains open is not negative.

Bam! Demo!

Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1036-15-year-anniversary-anz-beta-blues-on-release-delay-beta-screenshots-curse-is-hiring/
Edited by Maliken on 1/1/2012 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
01/01/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Nastydude
don't worry man you're not missing much

I really hate hearing this.

It's not that I feel like im missing out because I dont have the beta.

In 15 years I want to look back and say "hey, yea! I was a Diablo 3 beta tester".

I want to be part of this group and have that status because it's important to me and because Diablo is the game that I care about above all. The Lore, Story, Heroes, Angels, Demons, Sanctuary... I really am passionate about it all, and I want to look back and be able to tell people that I was a D3 Beta Tester.

Dont underplay something that I want so VERY dearly.

+1
Reply Quote
I wasted my beta luck on a DoTa2 beta lol
Reply Quote

Oh ok, that's a little different. I pictured something like:

Dear Blizzard,

X
Y
Z

Love,
Draken

Well it would be more like this:

Dear Blizzard,

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Love,
Draken

XP I have been beta testing a lot for a long time. 26 is a small amount. I have beta tested over 170 games as of right now.
Edited by Draken on 1/2/2012 7:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Nastydude
I want to be part of this group and have that status

The status of... essentially winning a raffle?
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Burnzor

I really hate hearing this.

It's not that I feel like im missing out because I dont have the beta.

In 15 years I want to look back and say "hey, yea! I was a Diablo 3 beta tester".

I want to be part of this group and have that status because it's important to me and because Diablo is the game that I care about above all. The Lore, Story, Heroes, Angels, Demons, Sanctuary... I really am passionate about it all, and I want to look back and be able to tell people that I was a D3 Beta Tester.

Dont underplay something that I want so VERY dearly.

+1
Reply Quote
Just be patient and wait until they really stress-test the servers, than a good portion of the people posting will most likely get an invite (although it is still not guaranteed).
Reply Quote
u have beta u stop reading posts
Reply Quote
Having you best friend Tyrael get you in :)

I kid. Just a little.

You need luck, lots of luck to get into the beta. If you don't get an invite, just know the margin of play experience between those that are invited and those that aren't isn't too far apart. You only play the first few quests of the game, get to try out the skills/spells/abilities and see the physics engine in motion.
Edited by Lastwish on 1/2/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Having you best friend Tyrael get you in :)

I kid. Just a little.

You need luck, lots of luck to get into the beta. If you don't get an invite, just know the margin of play experience between those that are invited and those that aren't isn't too far apart. You only play the first few quests of the game, get to try out the skills/spells/abilities and see the physics engine in motion.

I sort of hate the physics engine sometimes. Killing the skeletons and watching them spinning each time you kill them gets to be annoying. I even had a shield spin for 30 seconds before stopping.
Reply Quote
must be paying them to play WOW
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Draken
This is the point between working on and it being done. They are collecting information of the people who are playing this game to look at and analyze to get it to the point where they can get it out and have the smallest amount of bugs possible.

This is what they should be doing. All they have done recently is implement their Battletag system (which is buggy and has crappy features) and ignored most /all of the bugs reported to them. Even the achievements are disabled. Server stress seems to be the only thing we are testing atm, and i'm still waiting for patch 10 before i log back on. Patches 8 and 9 fixed nothing and created more bugs. True Beta testing is only enjoyable if the company seems to at least recognize the input being given. Right now (the last 2-3 patches) it doesn't seem that way. Currently it feels more like a demo.
Reply Quote

I'm able to look back to 11 years ago and say "hey, yea! I was a D2: LOD beta tester." It's a cool nostalgic feeling so your point is valid.
Edited by Cinnabar on 1/2/2012 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]