Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Beta Invite

I completely understand what you are going through. I really hope that they open the flood gates soon to let everyone who has signed up to get into the beta to play. It is a great feeling to beta test and give feed back and search for bugs. I have played Diablo 3 now on 6 different machines ranging from Pentium 4 to core i7.

Good luck at getting in!
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Burnzor
don't worry man you're not missing much

People who say this make my want to /facepalm your nose REALLY HARD

He is absolutely right to be fully honest. I'm guessing you don't have the beta lol. The current playability of the d3 beta is like releasing the sc2 beta during 2010 with only the option to coop vs easy ai. Imagine how great that would be? Ohhh to play hundreds of coop vs easy ai games on sc2, my life is complete!
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 06:44 PMPosted by opCWAL
I'm guessing you don't have the beta lol.

Them's fightin' words, son.
Reply Quote
To follow up to the OP and all the others:

I thought beta was going to be THE ABSOLUTE SHT! like many people, but it is like instead of getting to sleep with the super hot girl, she just waves at you and leaves. You are not missing out on some super secret gameplay that only the VIP tester club is enjoying, just have the patience to wait another 1-2 months. I don't know how you "adults" have the patience of 10 year olds.

Ya I played non-stop for 20 hours in like the first 3 days I tried the beta. But now I probably logged 2 hours total in the past 2 month. Was it good to know what's coming and learn the basic builds? Sure. But I wouldn't have given a limb to be able to play, not even close. I might have been on more just to report bugs since I once worked in QA..but those bastards didn't invite me either! Had to play on another acc! And dam did I see a lot of bugs, but it is not the obligation of us non-testers to be concerned abut that :P
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 06:44 PMPosted by opCWAL

People who say this make my want to /facepalm your nose REALLY HARD

He is absolutely right to be fully honest. I'm guessing you don't have the beta lol. The current playability of the d3 beta is like releasing the sc2 beta during 2010 with only the option to coop vs easy ai. Imagine how great that would be? Ohhh to play hundreds of coop vs easy ai games on sc2, my life is complete!

If your walking through a desert and you get thimble of water while the guy next to you gets none, that still could be the difference between life and death. I beta'd both Diablo 2 and Starcraft 2 and even thought it was limited it was still an amazing opportunity that I am glad to say I had.

Point being is you are ungrateful for the opportunity that you have and there are thousands of people that would jump at the chance to give it the beta a shot. I simply would like to play it to see how my computer runs it and see if I need to give plasma for an upgrade or something. :)

Reply Quote
01/01/2012 06:12 PMPosted by collinc
sending an email to Blizzard with my resume of Video Game betas

I lol'ed. /
Reply Quote

If your walking through a desert and you get thimble of water while the guy next to you gets none, that still could be the difference between life and death. I beta'd both Diablo 2 and Starcraft 2 and even thought it was limited it was still an amazing opportunity that I am glad to say I had.

Point being is you are ungrateful for the opportunity that you have and there are thousands of people that would jump at the chance to give it the beta a shot. I simply would like to play it to see how my computer runs it and see if I need to give plasma for an upgrade or something. :)

lol I was not literally given the opportunity if you read my posts. And no, your analogy is wrong. This is not life or death, it is simply having the virtue to wait another 1-2 months on a luxury that will be coming regardless. I would prefer you read my analogy with the hot girl xD

Since we both beta tested sc2, I'd think you would have understood my example, but I guess you didn't read it again. So I'll say this, how big and enjoyable would the sc2 beta have been if there was no matchmaking, no ranks, no player vs player competitiveness whatsoever, no stareditor, no custom game search, no etc.....You get to play vs easy ai on the current 1v1 maps and that IS IT, like those cracked sc2 versions floating around during spring 2010. I didn't even bother to download those. Sure I played sc and bw since 2003, and I didn't get invited in the early waves so I can only watch all the cool new units and dream. But life went on.

The sc2 beta would have faced so much rage if it was that limited, who is going to be passionate about building 4 zealots all day to a-move into ai base for quick gg. No one. That's the point I'm trying to get across every time I see these posts, yes this beta is still great, but don't kill yourself over it!

I do like your last point tho, I found out my $1.3k laptop pwns d3 framerates at a whopping 5-10fps on minimal, I was so proud :'( So I got myself a new maxed out desktop this holiday just for this years games >:]
Reply Quote
I'm a programmer? I'll help with beta -.-
Reply Quote
Double FACE PALM!
Reply Quote
it gets old pretty quick. you're better off just waiting for the full version.
Reply Quote
Even if you're a big diablo fan, all you can say is the game will be fun, but it is simply a demo.
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Xaryus
I'm a programmer? I'll help with beta -.-

So am I. So then we should both know that the time it would take to know the codebase and learn any new technologies, would be longer then the time it will take to come out. I doubt coding is their issue at the moment, it's more of finding the bugs and working them out.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warrior
I love how these kids with beta downplay everyone's opinion and talk about never playing it just to taunt those who are dying to try it.

"Sorry guys, I only have 15 beta accounts as I tested it on a 386, 486, p1, PII, PIII, AMD Athlon, i3, i5, i7! Mom loves me and keeps buying me new computers! Sucks for you guys, you aren't missing much!"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
you know I think I have been paying them fron the beginning that they would take in concideration the time and money a person has put into WOW and other stuff that they would be the first to invite you for the beta but you guys know it THEY DON't so why beg they have all my info what my machine can do in stuff. anyway just my 2 cents worth and good luck to you all ( oh yeah i am waiting for the download when thry decide to release the game ) LOL
Reply Quote
I love how these kids with beta downplay everyone's opinion and talk about never playing it just to taunt those who are dying to try it.

"Sorry guys, I only have 15 beta accounts as I tested it on a 386, 486, p1, PII, PIII, AMD Athlon, i3, i5, i7! Mom loves me and keeps buying me new computers! Sucks for you guys, you aren't missing much!"

lol these desperate 10 year olds just don't get it....tsk tsk
But I imagine if you read through the entire thread to come to that one line of conclusion that I have no other thing to say to you except:

"The d3 beta account I have access to haven't been touched in AGES! Liek there was so much downtime where I didn't play that the free time could have gone to sustaining dozens of prepubescent fanbois for weeks to come! And if that wasn't enough, for Christmas I got a new $1.5 tower with 2nd gen 3.4GHz i7, GTX560ti, ssd, 16G RAM, and everything else to max out gaming with. Plus I got a new 24 inch 1080p monitor already purchased and was waiting for me. All this new stuff was on top of the $1.3k laptop I got last summer! Gosh, I just can't imagine being all bitter with no beta to play and being forced to run on last year's computer model?! Playing WoW on a pentium is soooo 2004! Cheerio~"
Reply Quote

lol I was not literally given the opportunity if you read my posts. And no, your analogy is wrong. This is not life or death, it is simply having the virtue to wait another 1-2 months on a luxury that will be coming regardless. I would prefer you read my analogy with the hot girl xD

Since we both beta tested sc2, I'd think you would have understood my example, but I guess you didn't read it again. So I'll say this, how big and enjoyable would the sc2 beta have been if there was no matchmaking, no ranks, no player vs player competitiveness whatsoever, no stareditor, no custom game search, no etc.....You get to play vs easy ai on the current 1v1 maps and that IS IT, like those cracked sc2 versions floating around during spring 2010. I didn't even bother to download those. Sure I played sc and bw since 2003, and I didn't get invited in the early waves so I can only watch all the cool new units and dream. But life went on.

The sc2 beta would have faced so much rage if it was that limited, who is going to be passionate about building 4 zealots all day to a-move into ai base for quick gg. No one. That's the point I'm trying to get across every time I see these posts, yes this beta is still great, but don't kill yourself over it!

I do like your last point tho, I found out my $1.3k laptop pwns d3 framerates at a whopping 5-10fps on minimal, I was so proud :'( So I got myself a new maxed out desktop this holiday just for this years games >:]

I guess I was keeping in mind that SC2 didn't stay so limited through the whole beta, towards what the last 1 -2 months of beta's they added additional maps, achievements and medium ai. Also the fact that I played the beta allowed me to have better game mechanics, i.e. micro, macro than players that bought it on retail day. In hindsight I think getting invited to SC2 beta put me in the back of the pack of Diablo 3 beta.

My analogy was fitting for some people that truly don't have much going on, such as being single and our young adults that truly don't have anything other than video games. I know that may sound pathetic but maybe they are responsible people that live paycheck to paycheck and they have a PC and an internet connections and that's their form of entertainment so I will give them the benefit of the doubt instead of calling them no life losers or what not. My situation is not their situation.

Lastly I was talking about my PC. I play SC2 very actively and I play on medium unless I play the campaign which I can play on High. So that gives you some insight that my computer is marginal at best. My situation is I have 2 young kids and am happily married an d saving for our dream home so we really have zero extra money to spend on a new computer build so I would just like to see what it would test at. I try to put a few dollars away here and there so maybe this time next year I would have the $400 I need to rebuild a little. The simple fact is people want what they don't have. Look at people with credit cards and credit accounts at their bank. They buy what they can't normally afford. In fact I have a friend that take a vacation every year to Jamaica and they put the vacation on a credit card and spend all year paying it off. Basically his vacation with interest follows him home each year.

I simply don't have the beta and I want it. I can wait I have fully paid for my copy of Diablo 3 and I am just waiting for the retail/release day to pick it up and I will be happy with that. In fact that's the whole reason I am posting in these forums, to stay connected with a game I am anxious to play. Mark my words once I have the game my forum posts will drop 90-95%.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Is there a chance of an open beta at some point? Is it in the air completely? Or is it going to happen and we don't know when? What's the dealio!
Reply Quote
who makes a video game resume? if your that reliant on video games to run your life and use all your spare time, then you should probably sell your computer and go for a walk. There is a world out there you know? there will be plenty of time to pre-order (probably 6 months) the game so dont act like someone is going to have a step up on the competition. the beta probably wont even be close to what is actually released. you hardcore nerd-o's will be ok
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Draken
my resume of Video Game betas

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]