Diablo® III

Would You Play Diablo 1 On Tablet or Console?

85 Orc Warlock
If you had the option to play Diablo I on one of the following systems, which would you choose:
  • Console
  • PC
  • Tablet
  • Apparently Torchlight ported pretty well to the XBOX 360. I wonder if Diablo 1 could be ported to a tablet like iPad and play well.

Just curious to see everyones opinions...
    Edited by Wargrim on 1/3/2012 7:14 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Probably PC, although I'd be interested to give a tablet version a try. Btw your poll is biased, you have generic for PC, but specific for xbox and ipad, should be console, pc, tablet - people have preferences within hardware types after all.
    Reply Quote
    85 Orc Warlock
    Good point. I fixed it.

I would also be interested to see a game like D1 on a tablet.
    Reply Quote
    Diablo 1 is available for Playstation already.

Go check it out!
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Priest
    Yeah, D1 already came out on console.
    Reply Quote
    PS1 Diablo 1 was a bit hard to play, but after a while you got used to it. They're essentially the same so I imagine a console D2 or D3 would work -- but why would you want to? It's interfaced for the PC and works wonderfully there.

The PC is the everything machine. Until consoles start being more open like a PC is (they won't ever, it's bad for business) my computer will always have them beat, and have my favor.

I don't like tablets for anything that wasn't made for a tablet. Boardgames are lovely on the iPad, and other tablet-specific games, but anything that's ported feels hysterically clumsy -- even just browsing websites not designed for tablets is too much for me.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Mage
    I'd play Diablo 1, on an iPad!
    Reply Quote
    01/03/2012 08:33 PMPosted by LitanyofHate
    I sure as hell do not want to constantly rap my finger to attack, open doors, move etc. on a tablet. You'd break the glass and shatter your finger before you even made it past The Butcher.

Lol I can see it now. That is one hilarious mental image.

thump thump thump thump
    Reply Quote
    I love torchlight, but it didn't port as well as one might have liked. And if you played the original D1 on the PS1... *shudder*... I'd have to hope that somehow a tablet would work...
    Reply Quote
    Hard question to answer.

Personally i was huge in computers, i use to tell console gamers that i would never defect from my computer. but times change and xbox becomes easier to use. i can take my laptop to my parents for the week or take my xbox to my parents for the week. but all my computer games require some form of internet id checking to make sure i am not pirating. however all my xbox games still play as normal.

If not for all this piracy protection and feeling limited to where i can play my games i would be like many people and would have said PC for life, i personally believe it grants a better experience as you have a lot more control when using a keyboard and mouse (also nothing beats the perfect command center). but because i never have to worry about piracy protection with my xbox games i default to them when i see the same title.

There is also the upgrade factor. My average laptop has a gaming life of 2-4 years, while my xbox 360 has played every game i ever bought for it. on release my xbox cost 5-600$ and has lasted my almost 6-7 years, while i have already gone thru two laptops and a desktop to keep up with graphics during the same time frame. If you have the money to spend this is fine but once a family factors in you can no longer throw this kind of money around.

Their is also the co-op factor, if i get onto my computer i need another one to play with my friends or wife. but i can pop a game into the xbox hit co-op and sit around the couch having a kick !@# gaming party. and while you and your friends can all bring their computers over and play in the same room this only applies with laptops, as not everyone keeps their desktop in the backseat. in addition i have to hope they have the same game or a computer with the required states to run the game we plan on playing. their are really a massive amount of factors that you have to worry about when choosing computer co-op over console co-op.

By the way this is my view and for those who can enjoy everything on computer i consider you lucky as sin, but it's just not "MY" preferred gaming system anymore. None of you are wrong for boasting computers nor am i for my views on console gaming.
    Edited by Luthorin on 1/3/2012 11:39 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Rogue
    Well, if your smart enough to go desktop, you can upgrade the pieces you need to upgrade for pretty cheap, and they make a huge difference, unfortunately with laptops its not that easy.

On topic though, I have actually seen a video of WoW being played on an Ipad, he's just sitting in sw talking in trade, but it seemed to work pretty well, I'll see if I can find a link to it somehow.

Personally I would rather play on the PC, and I was the reverse of the post above me. I was always a pure console gamer, for the exact reasons that he states he went to consoles. But after playing WoW and seeing how much more in depth a game can get and how much more entertaining a game can be on the PC I don't know if I'll ever go back to console gaming. Maybe for Halo, but I doubt that I'll buy an xbox just to get the next halo if there ever is one (which i've heard there will be).

But it would be cool to have the old D1 and D2 on a tablet, if the controls could be figured out to make it easy to use, without having the function keys to change your spells it could be hard. Then again, I'm playing a sorceress through NM right now, and haven't changed my spells off my left and right mouse buttons since the start.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Rogue
    Well, if your smart enough to go desktop, you can upgrade the pieces you need to upgrade for pretty cheap, and they make a huge difference, unfortunately with laptops its not that easy.

On topic though, I have actually seen a video of WoW being played on an Ipad, he's just sitting in sw talking in trade, but it seemed to work pretty well, I'll see if I can find a link to it somehow.

Personally I would rather play on the PC, and I was the reverse of the post above me. I was always a pure console gamer, for the exact reasons that he states he went to consoles. But after playing WoW and seeing how much more in depth a game can get and how much more entertaining a game can be on the PC I don't know if I'll ever go back to console gaming. Maybe for Halo, but I doubt that I'll buy an xbox just to get the next halo if there ever is one (which i've heard there will be).

But it would be cool to have the old D1 and D2 on a tablet, if the controls could be figured out to make it easy to use, without having the function keys to change your spells it could be hard. Then again, I'm playing a sorceress through NM right now, and haven't changed my spells off my left and right mouse buttons since the start.
    Reply Quote
    01/03/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Sasukekun

Sometimes, but the desktops i have from 2000, 2005, 2008 all have different ram and hardware ports. whats really funny and sad is their all form HP.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Priest
    PC

cause i have one. i dont have nor want those other things so no i wouldnt play it on any of them
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    From what I remember of D1 and D2, I'm pretty sure those two games alone cost me a mouse or two. I've never hit the left mouse button so many times in my life.

I would have said this, but he beat me to it!

01/03/2012 08:33 PMPosted by LitanyofHate
    I sure as hell do not want to constantly rap my finger to attack, open doors, move etc. on a tablet. You'd break the glass and shatter your finger before you even made it past The Butcher.
    Reply Quote
    85 Orc Warlock
    Thanks for all the responses. I was thinking there would be a lot more people interested in an iPad version.

It will also be interesting to learn more about Diablo 3's console game play.
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Warrior
    I would play it on PC again for sure. If it worked. Which it doesn't. Unless you use a virtuall setup.

I try to get it working on all my win7 machines but its GFX are messed up when it loads.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]