Diablo® III

Korean GRB delays again.

1 Human Warlock
http://www.gamebandits.com/news/pc/diablo-3-south-korean-rating-board-delays-decision-because-of-real-money-use-28012/

These guys are generally a pretty reliable source of information. This article was posted 6 hours ago. As you can see, the South Korean Game Rating Board has delayed its decision yet again. It is about 6am in South Korea right now on 1/4/12 - when the next decision was due.

Bashiok posted this 3 hours ago:

I was so extremely confused everyone was saying "super news" and I had no idea why. I guess I quickly misunderstood the question I was being presented. It was on the 31st, which was the Diablo 15 year anniversary, and we'll have our anniversary celebration kicking off early this week.

We're not announcing a release date, nor would I hint at such an announcement on Twitter.

Up until this point, the announcement of a release date was only deemed 'not likely'. Had it even been likely, Blizzard would not hint at the release date anyway - especially not over Twitter.

To all the sheeple who believe every word that comes out of a moderator's mouth: wake up. This is corporate America. Pawns do as they are told, and definitely do NOT do what they are specifically told not to do. Could you imagine the backlash of announcing / admitting that the already incredibly controversial RMAH is holding up the game? I try to have faith in people, but we're dealing with a multi-billion dollar corporate giant, not Johnny Smith, the honest church-going neighbor.

There is far too much coincidence to believe that something other than this issue is holding the game up.

UPDATE: The link above, though only posted earlier today, refers to the last GRB delay, and not to the one pending for 1/4/12. This is totally my fault for *assuming* that it was about the most recent review... My opinion still stands, and there are have been some great posts in this thread!
Edited by Greasefire on 1/3/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wish they wouldn't worry so much about a simultaneous release and just launch in each region as each region is ready.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
I am actually not one of the people who is impatient about it. I mean, obviously I want to play it as bad as anyone else on this forum, but I have plenty of other stuff on my plate in the meantime. I just wish people would be more realistic about who we are dealing with here... People are so convinced that any word that comes from moderators mouths are the gospel. It is just simply not true, and this is more than likely 100% of why the game has not released yet. Blizzard also keeps saying things like... "we aren't sure how we are going to handle that yet" in regards to various game mechanics / systems i.e. runestones, hardcore pvp, etc.

I bet they have internally made decisions about those things and are using them as a crutch to support their statement that the delay is because "it isn't ready yet".
Reply Quote
How many times can they delay? This is bullcrap ><
Reply Quote
"we aren't sure how we are going to handle that yet" that's just a nice way of saying we dont want to tell you
Reply Quote
flyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FdJrrAWSo
Reply Quote
^^^ peepee
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
flyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiiiyyyyyiiiiiiyyyyyyiiiii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FdJrrAWSo

+1 internets.

You would've gotten + gajillion if that was a link to Dave Chappelle's "Pee on you"
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 12:59 PMPosted by CrAzyrAge
Has nothing to do with Korea, game is not ready. Just be patient. They said early 2012 never January or February.

I was at Blizzcon, and the upper echelons of Blizzard management explicitly stated that they do not want to release the game until they can release it simultaneously worldwide. Hence Korea has everything to do with it.
Edited by Stinkweed on 1/3/2012 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Right, we shouldn't believe Blizzard representatives when they say they won't delay the game to force an international release. We should believe you with your zero proof that they're lying and your obvious problem with the RMAH.
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Diablol
Has nothing to do with Korea, game is not ready. Just be patient. They said early 2012 never January or February.

Where do you have those information exactly, do you have a whistleblower from blizzard? Or do you have the info from bashiok here from the forums? Lol. :D

Fairly common knowledge for those of us who lurk the forums.
It has been posted by blues multiple times. Actually had two different Blues in a row if I recall correctly.
Reply Quote
For those interested. Multiple Blue responses on your concerns.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3710773312

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3764578704?page=5#81
Edited by Zbomb on 1/3/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Gigan
Right, we shouldn't believe Blizzard representatives when they say they won't delay the game to force an international release. We should believe you with your zero proof that they're lying and your obvious problem with the RMAH.

I have pretty extensive experience in corporate America. I could care less whether you believe that or not.

I have no issues with the RMAH or the delay of the game, as I am not some foaming at the mouth rabid fan boy. I am just as excited about this game as the next guy or gal. I am stating my opinion, which is based on factual evidence that some may consider "coincidental".

One of the number one rules for a company like ActivisionBlizzard is to preserve image, because a tarnished image is usually irreversible to the people that matter - customers and shareholders.
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Greasefire

I have pretty extensive experience in corporate America. I could care less whether you believe that or not.

I have no issues with the RMAH or the delay of the game, as I am not some foaming at the mouth rabid fan boy. I am just as excited about this game as the next guy or gal. I am stating my opinion, which is based on factual evidence that some may consider "coincidental".

One of the number one rules for a company like ActivisionBlizzard is to preserve image, because a tarnished image is usually irreversible to the people that matter - customers and shareholders.

When you start calling people pawns and sheep while giving them absolutely no valid reasoning behind your opinions you're just begging to be disregarded as a fool. Conspiracy theorists are a dime a dozen and they rarely have anything worthwhile to support their "opinions."

If you're going to preach go find something to back your lofty accusations up, and if you can't just sit back down like a good little boy.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
<span class="truncated" />

When you start calling people pawns and sheep while giving them absolutely no valid reasoning behind your opinions you're just begging to be disregarded as a fool. Conspiracy theorists are a dime a dozen and they rarely have anything worthwhile to support their "opinions."

If you're going to preach go find something to back your lofty accusations up, and if you can't just sit back down like a good little boy.

The evidence is there. Look at the dates of all the GRB delays and the annoucements that followed shortly after. Maybe I am too lazy to dig up all that information for one single post, but its there.

It is sad that you believe everything these companies tell you. Be a little more realistic.
Edited by Greasefire on 1/3/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
The evidence is there. Look at the dates of all the GRB delays and the annoucements that followed shortly after. Maybe I am too lazy to dig up all that information for one single post, but its there.

Coincidences aren't evidence, and if this was some grand conspiracy to lie about delays and preserve peoples opinions of the RMAH they probably wouldn't have coincided things so obviously that any teenage slueth could piece it together. They control when they make announcements and if they were trying to hide a correlation they're doing a piss-poor job. After all, you managed to break this illuminati level conspiracy all on your own.

Chances are it's all coincidence and Blizzard actually doesn't care how it looks. They ALWAYS take forever in development because the reputation they want to protect is the one they have for releasing very polished games.

I don't believe everything companies tell me, but with NO valid evidence to the contrary I don't blindly assume they're lying to me either.
Edited by Gigan on 1/3/2012 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]