Diablo® III

Korean GRB delays again.

01/03/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Greasefire
Right, we shouldn't believe Blizzard representatives when they say they won't delay the game to force an international release. We should believe you with your zero proof that they're lying and your obvious problem with the RMAH.

I have pretty extensive experience in corporate America. I could care less whether you believe that or not.

Maybe that's why your economy is in the crapper. Because corporate execs don't know how to communicate effectively, or even correctly.

The evidence is there. Look at the dates of all the GRB delays and the annoucements that followed shortly after. Maybe I am too lazy to dig up all that information for one single post, but its there.

It's not that you're too lazy, it's that you know damn well you can't prove anything.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Gigan
Those aren't the only coincidences. There is also the CEO flying to Korea to meet with the board and the postings in the KR and IT forums. There's the fact that the beta is extremely short and wasn't intended to run for 6 months.

Extending the beta was a side-effect of delaying the game, and since you don't know the reason for the delay beyond your assumptions then THAT'S NOT EVIDENCE.

You'll actually have to link or at least quote the other thing you referenced. That's the kind of thing you do when trying to sell a conspiracy, CITE EVIDENCE.

This isn't so much a conspiracy as it is a mounting pile of circumstantial evidence that continues to grow, and continues to reek of a game delay resulting in RMAH/Korea. All evidence referenced so far in this thread coincides with what I've read as well. I hear Google is awesome. Anyone check it out yet?
Reply Quote
I've openly admitted I could be wrong. Not sure why you continue to attack me. My opinion is no more or less valid than anyone's else so, again, not sure why it hurts your feelings so much.

Sorry if my demeanor hurt your feelings, but this is how I talk to people who are both ignorant and arrogant at the same time. It's an annoying combination.

No one's gullible for not buying your lazily constructed theory and believing Blizzard over you. With no evidence and no viable logic behind your claims you're not more credible than a Blizzard representative. Only a complete fool would take your side on the basis of your horribly constructed opinions. The gullible ones are those who would actually buy your crap without proof or logic being provided.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Skyfire

I have pretty extensive experience in corporate America. I could care less whether you believe that or not.

Maybe that's why your economy is in the crapper. Because corporate execs don't know how to communicate effectively, or even correctly.

The evidence is there. Look at the dates of all the GRB delays and the annoucements that followed shortly after. Maybe I am too lazy to dig up all that information for one single post, but its there.

It's not that you're too lazy, it's that you know damn well you can't prove anything.

Not really. I just get tired of people who think they can get everything for nothing (wait a minute, isn't THIS why our country is in the crapper??). Go find the evidence yourself. If you refuse to, you are in denial and want to believe that this isn't why the game is delayed. The info is everywhere. People aren't going to spoonfeed it to you. This thread was meant to be an addendum to the 4000 other threads covering data found previous to what I posted in my original post.
Reply Quote
Um, you're the one that cares, why don't you go use google translate and read. This stuff has been hashed to death on this very forum, and you're !@#$%ing that we don't spoonfeed it to you again?

I told you already, knowing the reason behind the delay doesn't do me any good. I just know there was a significant screw-up, the GRB seems to fit the bill, Bash's information is contentless, and either way, we don't game.

I read the IT forums when all this was going down - it sounded like the delay due to the GRB gave them extra time to polish the game - so thats what they are doing. So now I find from Bash that its not the GRB thats delaying the game, its that its unfinished - well, that makes no sense since when they released the beta they were apparently confident that the game WAS finished and they were going to patch in the things they are currently working on.

I believe what I've read from Blizzard, since there's no contrary evidence, so I don't care either. There are individuals here accusing Blizzard of lying and the burden of proof is on them. They're so sure of themselves they feel comfortable calling everyone who believes Blizzard sheep, so I want to see their mountain of evidence cited to support their theory. Not really so much to ask.
Edited by Gigan on 1/3/2012 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd like to know the source of this apparently new development. Is it a third delay in the classification or is it reporting on old news because I am sure I read the line “a more thorough review” somewhere before.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Gigan
I've openly admitted I could be wrong. Not sure why you continue to attack me. My opinion is no more or less valid than anyone's else so, again, not sure why it hurts your feelings so much.

Sorry if my demeanor hurt your feelings, but this is how I talk to people who are both ignorant and arrogant at the same time. It's an annoying combination.

No one's gullible for not buying your lazily constructed theory and believing Blizzard over you. With no evidence and no viable logic behind your claims you're not more credible than a Blizzard representative. Only a complete fool would take your side on the basis of your horribly constructed opinions. The gullible ones are those who would actually buy your crap without proof or logic being provided.

Its unbelievably apparent that you have absolutely no clue how the corporate world works. I am not asking people to believe me, I am asking them to use common sense. If I got paid a fat paycheck to lie to you, I'd ask where the sign up sheet was and the quickest way to get there. Companies only care about money, not people. If they believe something will lose them money, they will avoid it at all costs. If you don't understand that then enjoy getting swindled your entire life. Hope you packed some KY.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 02:25 PMPosted by ChrIs
Go take a gander at daeity's blog. I have nothing to add to it. You're never going to achieve "proof" of anything. Blizzard's statements aren't 'evidence', they're PR, unless you have an inside leak. I find most of their statements say next to nothing.

This times 1000.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
I believe what I've read from Blizzard, since there's no contrary evidence, so I don't care either. There are individuals here accusing Blizzard of lying and the burden of proof is on them. They're so sure of themselves they feel comfortable calling everyone who believes Blizzard sheep, so I want to see their mountain of evidence cited to support their theory. Not really so much to ask.

No evidence needed. This is PROTOCOL for PR. Wake up dude.
Reply Quote
Before everyone freaks out, I think this is referring to the GRB ratings delay that happened in late December. The verbiage is the same used by other news sources from the previous delay in rating, I think this news site is just slow in posting a topic about it. As far as i know the verdict that the GRB is handing down tomorrow has not been delayed.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Stark
Before everyone freaks out, I think this is referring to the GRB ratings delay that happened in late December. The verbiage is the same used by other news sources from the previous delay in rating, I think this news site is just slow in posting a topic about it. As far as i know the verdict that the GRB is handing down tomorrow has not been delayed.

Well it was well into 1/4/12 in South Korea when that article posted so I made have made a mistake of doing something that is terrible - "assuming"... Bah. My bad if this article is old...

My *opinion* still stands. I didn't need another delay to make sense of this 'illuminati level' puzzle.
Edited by Greasefire on 1/3/2012 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
What I'm saying is that there are a remarkable amount of factual coincidences that could lead a reasonable person to believe the South Korean GRB is holding up the launch of the entire game. The fact that a top dog from Blizz is going over there personally only strengthens the coincidences, it does not detract from them.

The fact that the top dog went their personally means nothing. It's obviously important to get this passed in Korea, but that doesn't indicate the purpose of the delay in either direction. Believing it's possibly the reason and believing people are gullible for not accepting it's the reason are 2 different things.
Blizz also said there wouldn't be a 4th difficulty as an endgame, and scoffed at the idea. Where are we now with that?

That's not the point. Saying the want an international release isn't evidence that they'll delay the game for it. If they say they won't there's no reason not to believe it based on that.
No, but stating that the game in its current form is "awesome" does. Blizz has stated the game in its current form is awesome.

Awesome? That could mean any number of things relatively speaking. Compared to how they expected the game to be at this stage of beta it may very well be "awesome." Them saying that was not a "ready for release" announcement.
This is not a factually accurate statement. There are many more coincidences than one.

There's the Korea GRB delay and game delay announcements. That's it. Everything else is essentially you people making stuff up.
Edited by Gigan on 1/3/2012 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
There's the Korea GRB delay and game delay announcements. That's it. Everything else is essentially you people making stuff up.

You are dense or haven't learned Google yet. Daeity does a better job of summarizing the facts, sources included.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
can the game d3 get a global launch without korea?
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 02:12 PMPosted by ChrIs
Daeity summerizes it here: http://daeity.blogspot.com/

This was a great read. Thanks for posting it.

@Gigan: read the first post on the blog hyperlinked in the quote above. That's MORE than enough evidence (for me, at least) to prove that the RMAH and the hang-ups it has caused with South Korea's GRB is the culprit for the delay.

Also, I agree that the gamebandits article is probably reporting old news, despite the fact that it was published today and that today is Jan. 4th in Korea. From what I could find, the GRB's decision was supposed to be right before Christmas, but THAT is when they asked for "more info" so that they could conduct a "more thorough review," and delayed the decision until Jan. 4th (today).

So I think we should expect their decision soon, but I don't think they've punted again, as the gamebandit article seems to suggest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]