Diablo® III

Korean GRB delays again.

01/03/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Ringstorm
can the game d3 get a global launch without korea?

Hell will freeze over first.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
so we will be playing d3 in the frozen tundra?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
01/03/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Ringstorm
so we will be playing d3 in the frozen tundra?

Hell has actually frozen over. So they are redoing the game to make the Old Hell more like the New Hell... Hence the delay.
Reply Quote
I am amazed that people are gullible enough to believe everything Blizzard PR feeds them.
Reply Quote
20 Undead Rogue
Gigan would support SOPA if Blizzard looked him in the eye and told him it was good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
It's their game! They can do whatever the heck they want with it. They can delay it until Q4 of 2012 if they want to.

Calm down people.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
sohcahtoa
I am amazed that people are gullible enough to believe everything Blizzard PR feeds them.

Indeed, my friend. Any company's PR, really.

01/03/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Grundle
Gigan would support SOPA if Blizzard looked him in the eye and told him it was good.

I giggled.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
It was self-evident when the first announcement came down that the game was delayed into 2012 that a wrench had been thrown in the works.

I've also read and seen multiple references to the game being ready and in a finished state from start to finish. Having played the beta, the game really was not ever in a beta state, it was finished and worked perfectly for what little was there. The beta now having been dragged out as long as it has with a good deal of people added seems to have fufilled the stress test purpose and now only serves a purpose as continued hype. The hype seems to have fizzled though.

Blizzard in the past uses their betas to good effect to build hype and then carry that momentum through to a game launch. D3 looked to be on that path but the train has ground to a halt and the release is in the weeds.

There are two facets to a company like Blizzard; the bean-counters who worry about maximizing profits and the creative forces who make the games we play. Some posters are confusing their appreciation for the latter with a need to act in defense of the former. There is a large chance the game is being held back for exactly the reason of the S. Korean GRB delays, can we say for certain ? No we can't, but given what we do know and have heard, there is a much better chance of that being the case then it being the game needing more work, as we've heard it's ready several times already.

In short, sucks to be us because most likely we could be playing this game in two weeks if they would just send the master out for duplication and packaging. Either way, nothing we do will get the game to us faster and if you are truly concerned with the validity of this, wait to see how quickly we get a release date once the GRB rules, or worse, if the GRB ties this up for a long while - the game is delayed equally as long.

One way or another it will all come out in the wash, if you care. I've already put down $113 for my CE (full price + sales tax where I live) so I'm in balls deep anyways. Honestly, if I hadn't already paid and I found out I was waiting on the game for some nonsense in another region related to a system Blizzard is instituting to increase revenue and profits for themselves, I might reconsider buying the game out of ire. Fwiw, going on my emotions, they probably would want to hide this being the cause of the delay, if it is indeed the cause.

Great post - thanks for the contribution, Luke. I think you conveyed many of my thoughts in a better way than I was able.
Reply Quote
33 Undead Warrior
i wish they would just give us a !@#$ing date so we dont have to check our acount everyday to see if its out
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
You know, some of you want evidence no matter what. That is understandable. But sometimes evidence can be hidden where is not simply just black and white. You not going to find something that plain out says "Oh btw korea is part of the reason."

Even in court, evidence can be used to tie the scene together even though the evidence maybe not be black and white. But we work with what we got.

What is funny about these forums is that some of you want 100% evidence, where a blue comes on and admits it before you will believe it. (which will never happen. That is like having a murder trial where the Murderer on trial plain out admits and case closed.)

But what is sad is that nobody in real life requires 100% evidence to convict someone in real life court. :( So if you can convict someone on partial conspiracy evidence, then how come your requesting 100% evidence for something like this?

I am indeed confused.

Incredibly valid point / observation that I didn't really think about.
Reply Quote
Those of you that seem so convinced that this korean issue is delaying the game should think for a moment about one simple thing.

Does it not seem possible to you, if not entirely likely, that this issue with korea could drag on for months? Do you not think the smart money is on a release date being announced before this issue with korea is resolved? And if and when it is announced before the issue is resolved, will you then recant your prior view on the situation?

And for those of you that are stating that this is more or less just some corporate calculation, and nothing to do with the state of the game itself - you don't think that those evil geniuses you talk about at blizzard looked at the korean GRB process and realized the possibility of a prolonged ruling?
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
pretty sure at some point they would move on without korea...question is how long?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Those of you that seem so convinced that this korean issue is delaying the game should think for a moment about one simple thing.

Does it not seem possible to you, if not entirely likely, that this issue with korea could drag on for months? Do you not think the smart money is on a release date being announced before this issue with korea is resolved? And if and when it is announced before the issue is resolved, will you then recant your prior view on the situation?

And for those of you that are stating that this is more or less just some corporate calculation, and nothing to do with the state of the game itself - you don't think that those evil geniuses you talk about at blizzard looked at the korean GRB process and realized the possibility of a prolonged ruling?

1.) In all, complete honesty, they probably expected it to pass, just as it had it many other countries. And the fact that it didn't was a complete surprise.

2.) I believe they would release the game either:
a.) Without the RMAH at release (unlikely as this would piss off shareholders)
b.) Without Korea.

3.) I totally believe that, if all else fails, Blizzard would have no issue delaying the game indefinitely. They are masters of delays and pushing games back, no matter the reason. And quite honestly, I'd venture to guess that many players would not be surprised if that was the case because they've done it before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]