Diablo® III

Jay's comment

Is it possible that the reason for the delay will be announced as part of the Diablo 15th anniversary?

Your assuming they will actually announce anything related to the 15th anniversary.

Or say anything relevant at all.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

*has lost his mind
Join the club. I jumped off the deep end(quite literally) a long time ago. Or maybe were just among the few who are sane...who's to say. No i didn't take my pills today.

edit: feverishly gulps down pills. Ok, i should be good for another 24 hours...
Edited by demRoses on 1/4/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
So is he saying we'll see what IS holding the game back soon enough?

Or is he saying the game still won't be ready when the RMAH does get approved for Korea?

This is what he meant. Although Korea is not the only thing holding D3 back, it's naive to say that it isn't holding it back at all.
Edited by Laws on 1/4/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
This probably makes me look paranoid, but the question was about "Asia" and he answered "Asia" and not specifically "Korea". It probably does not mean anything but this still makes him more vague.

Why couldn't they just say "Sorry guys, yes Korea isn't helping but stop thinking it is the only delay reason because it's not. There is also (insert good reason here) and this could take (insert time here) to do." Voila.

But now since it's still a bit vague and he just said "You'll know SOON enough" just confirms me they are hidding something!
Reply Quote
View profile
He posted another tweet:

@Angryrobotics Well South Korea still didn't give rating for D3, so how is it no holding back the global release of D3? :)

Because the game is not done yet. :) @Kblavkalash

https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/154684992633585664
Reply Quote
"Soon Enough" and "Early" in Blizzard terms have the same value as a saucer full of dog puke. None.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
01/04/2012 12:52 PMPosted by AudioCG
I dont think anyone at Blizzard has a firm grasp on what "Soon" and "Early" actually mean.

True Dat.

Soon is a relaitve term given by those who wish nothing more than to lead you on and on and on.
Reply Quote
http://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/154639098232061952

vadrianstefan
@Angryrobotics any good news from Asia ?

Angryrobotics [Jay Wilson]
Asia is not what's holding us back. You'll see soon enough. @vadrianstefan

For those who don't know who is Jay Wilson;
http://www.diablowiki.net/Jay_Wilson

LMAO, this is textbook Blizzard game development right here. Blizzard is truly dedicated to creating epic entertainment experiences, including the game development cycle itself.
Reply Quote
If we think about it... this could mean a few things...

"You'll see soon enough"

-They will change their plans for Korea

or

-He knows Korea will approve it

or

-We will soon know about the real reason about the delay

Maybe they are changing stuff for Korea and that's why "it's not done yet" ? (But I really don't think so). Because seriously I don't know what to think now and I'm not alone. Blizzard is saying it's not due to Korea but right now we have nothing that "confirms" they are saying the truth. If they really are saying the truth, it means there's something we don't know and something big. Why can't they say it to us? Look at Sixen for exemple, he defends Blizzard saying it's not due to Korea but he has no arguments with it. I just want to know, we want to know, what the hell is going on?

If it's really Korea I know it's not that simple for them to admit it, but at least we would know. If it's not, then why don't we hear about it? They hyped us months ago saying the game is almost done and then the beta started. Everything was going fine blah blah you know the story.. early 2012... earlier than we think.. blah blah. And then no more news. Suddenly the game would go back to a darker stage? Maybe it's not done yet, but it should almost be and maybe enough to get a date or at least a timeline (like confirming if they are still on track). The only thing we know is stuff like runes and RMAH and runes are not a problem. It really looks like something they cannot control has happened and that is we we do not hear about it and why they cannot give a date.

for now I'll try to be patient and wait another week or two with that "soon enough" but if we do not hear anything and SK still rejects it, I will just take it as a confirmation it's really the reason of the delay.
Reply Quote
Let's see who will launch first, Ivy Bridge Processor or D3 :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
so instead of reiterating what they've been saying for months, he's saying something is holding them back? great.

"soon enough," by definition means before most of the 18-25 year-olds reading these forums DIE OF OLD AGE.
Reply Quote
24 Goblin Priest
So is he saying we'll see what IS holding the game back soon enough?

Or is he saying the game still won't be ready when the RMAH does get approved for Korea?

This is what he meant. Although Korea is not the only thing holding D3 back, it's naive to say that it isn't holding it back at all.

It isn't holding the game back at all. Perhaps the multiple blue posts saying as much isn't quite enough for you?
Reply Quote
It isn't holding the game back at all. Perhaps the multiple blue posts saying as much isn't quite enough for you?

Kblavkalash Kblavkalash
@Angryrobotics Well South Korea still didn't give rating for D3, so how is it no holding back the global release of D3? :)
11 hours ago

@Angryrobotics
Jay Wilson
Because the game is not done yet. :) @Kblavkalash

Technically meaning if the game was done, then korea would be holding the game back, but since the game isn't finished, it's not technically prolonging anything.. yet.
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 12:52 PMPosted by AudioCG
I dont think anyone at Blizzard has a firm grasp on what "Soon" and "Early" actually mean.

Hmmm I think your right.......... I still think they're the best developers ever.
Reply Quote
So we'll see what's holding them back soon enough? Something is holding them back? It's not just polish anymore? Great.

I'm not sure how you get that it isn't polish from this statement. The game isn't ready, that is what is holding them back. If you take the stance that something is holding them back then it could be anything. If you take the stance that nothing is holding them back then they would be on their way to releasing the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]