Diablo® III

Gaming Documentaries

I find myself bored sometimes and watching just about any video I can find now a days however, one that sparks particular interest are these Gaming Documentaries. Some may see these films as a bit too shameful and taking it a step to far in the direction their passion wants to push them.

Hey, watch them if you'd like they're not all that bad and a couple are kind of insightful. Keep in mind they're kind of old, I think Frag is the newest one, but I will admitly say that Second Skin is quite possibly my favorite... Being a Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Vet, you can imagine why (Hint/Spoiler The Asian that may have ruined it all). Anyways, here are some links.

Frag the Movie

http://www.zshare.net/video/5361746240852cea/

Concerns the different groupings and demographics of gamers from the beginning to present day. Casual to Professional, it has a bit more serious tone, but if you enjoy gaming at all, it's definitely worth a watch.

Second Skin

http://www.1channel.ch/external.php?title=Second+Skin&url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5tZWdhdmlkZW8uY29tL3YvVlYxV0xZNFk=&domain=bWVnYXZpZGVvLmNvbQ==&loggedin=0

This is more aimed at the MMO genre and in particular WoW/EverQuest II. It targets the more "addicted" side of Gamers. You may even see a few familiar faces in this flick!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
man like 20 minutes left and that stupid megavideo tells me i gotta wait.

anyways that second skin ones like a blast from the past, i can relate to a lot of that.
Reply Quote
I watched one on the new street fighter game that was pretty interesting called "I got next".
Reply Quote
man like 20 minutes left and that stupid megavideo tells me i gotta wait.

anyways that second skin ones like a blast from the past, i can relate to a lot of that.

I think that's what grabs me the most about it. I played EverQuest and DAoC for several years and seeing the two brought up so much... It's like... Wow...

Oh to bypass megavideo you can get an add-in for your browser called cacaoweb. Not sure how it works, I'm sure it just streams you through an open account or something, but yeah, no more waiting.
Reply Quote
Watch King of Kong.

It's a really really great documentary about Donkey Kong pro gamers.
Reply Quote
Watch King of Kong.

I actually have seen this one. It's not too bad, I was just never too big of a fan of the arcade era. Still kind of young, so didn't get to see a lot of it. I grew up with NES/SNES

Have you seen "Bang the machine"?

Easily one of the best doc's about the birthing of fighting game esports in NA.

Do you have a link?
Reply Quote
http://www.hulu.com/watch/135697/high-score High Score , movie is based on some guy chasing the Missile Command hi-score.
Reply Quote
I watched, only because someone mentioned DaoC. Did I miss something cause they never brought it up.
Reply Quote
Watch King of Kong.

This.

King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]