Diablo® III

Hint in cutscenes (spoilers)

85 Draenei Shaman
In the 15th anniversary video released yesterday, one of the first lines said:

"And at the end of days, justice shall fall upon the world of men"

I find it extremely unlikely that there is any other falling significant object in Diablo 3 other than the star, and as such I believe that the narrator is making reference to the star. This can also be seen when during the opening cinematic revealed at the VGAs when Deckard Cain, seeing the effect the meteor was having upon entering Sanctuary said:

"And at the end of days, the first sign shall appear in the heavens. Justice shall fall upon the world of men."

Later in that same video, he says:

"It has begun"

This suggests that Tyrael, the Archangel of Justice, is the star that is seen.
Edited by Nyan on 1/5/2012 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
MIND BLOWN

....like 5 weeks ago
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
MIND BLOWN

....like 5 weeks ago

The retrospective helps support the case that Tyrael is the star, thats all I was trying to say. I was well aware that this is old news but that scene was emphasized by blizzard and so I thought that I would make a post discussing it.
Reply Quote
Why would him go to Sanctuary in a meteor? And why would him raise the dead and Leoric? I think these words are about the ultimate battle between demons and angels retracted in the intro cinematic. It will take place on Sanctuary, the world of men. Justice refers to a event from the past, something new to us, perhaps.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
01/05/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Strasser
Why would him go to Sanctuary in a meteor? And why would him raise the dead and Leoric? I think these words are about the ultimate battle between demons and angels retracted in the intro cinematic. It will take place on Sanctuary, the world of men. Justice refers to a event from the past, something new to us, perhaps.

Maybe that is how angels enter Sancutary. After all, falling from the heavens seems rather appropriate for an angelic figure.
Reply Quote
Oh, another conspiracy.

That has been done before.

A couple times.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3711312550
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3710772635
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3711332320

01/05/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Nyan
I was well aware that this is old news

So why make another thread about it? It's been emphasized enough, and more speculation doesn't exactly help an impatient community. Rather, it leads to assumptions and red herrings.
Edited by Giraffasaur on 1/5/2012 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Danewb
As for the Undead, where ANYWHERE does it say the meteor raised the dead?

Before meteor, quiet Tristram.
After meteor, undead creatures awaken and terrorize surrounding areas.

Also, it is mentioned by Deckard Cain in the Beta that the fallen meteor has stirred the dead.
Edited by Giraffasaur on 1/5/2012 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hum...
If I say A and you conclude B and 5 weeks later I say C, which also leads to B then you can say you have more evidence.

If 5 weeks later I just say A again there is nothing new.
Reply Quote
01/05/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Danewb

No lol your wrong, He is referring to Tyrael.

You learn this in BoC, the reason (IMO) why tyrael came as a meteor is because he was shunned fromt he high heavens. Most likely forced by Imperius, I mean that Tyrael destroyed the one thing Imperius longed for ever since he was created. That would piss someone off a lot.

As for the Undead, where ANYWHERE does it say the meteor raised the dead? Demon or Angel or NEPHALEM can raise the dead. If the Undead was already there prior to the meteor, then that is probably where Tyrael is going to go. Especially since Cain was there, the 1 person who knows Tyrael best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5UbiNyPUM

4:55'ish.
Reply Quote
you say your aware its old but this thread is about the 15 year anniversary video not the spike awards video.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/05/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Giraffasaur
Also, it is mentioned by Deckard Cain in the Beta that the fallen meteor has stirred the dead.

If I throw you inside a lake you will stir the fish, even if you didn't care for it or even didn't want it.
Reply Quote
01/05/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Cowbino

If I throw you inside a lake you will stir the fish, even if you didn't care for it or even didn't want it.

Okay, I chose a poor choice of words. Deckard Cain says that it reanimates the dead.

So, I throw you in a lake with dead fish. They start biting you, even if you didn't care for it or didn't want it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
01/05/2012 10:29 AMPosted by CorruptDevil
you say your aware its old but this thread is about the 15 year anniversary video not the spike awards video.

I meant that some of the scenes I used to make my conclusions were old. Not all of it was old. Sorry about the confusion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]