Diablo® III

Looking at the Diablo Timeline for Answers

So... Yup, more nonsense release date speculation.

I was looking at the newly released Diablo timeline that is part of the 15th anniversary and I saw some things that lead me to believe that D3 should be here for March. I'd take this with a grain of salt though.

Looking at D2, the beta started March 30th, 2000 and the game was released June 28th of the same year. That's not exactly what I'm looking at... since it's already been three months since the D3 beta started. What I'm looking at is the fact that they included the announcement of the intro cinematic for D2 (same day as when the beta started).

So... taking this and looking at when the D3 intro video was premiered (December 10th, 2011) we can assume that we could possibly be getting D3 around March 10th.

Thoughts? Yeah, anythings possible at this point... but it just seems weird to include the intro cinematic announcement, unless they just needed something else to fit on the timeline to make it look more filled up.

Reply Quote
Why not? It will probably be March anyway and idk why but I prefer this speculation better than others even if it makes almost no sense haha
Reply Quote
Muahaha it's because I'm right.
Reply Quote
I looked at the timeline and it said D2 was estimated for a 1998 release but the actual release date was in 2000.

The estimated release date for D3 was 2011 ... so maybe 2013 based on observation above?

I also looked at the Dark Soul Stone cinematic already... is Leah Tyreal? Asmodean keeps referring to her as "you". My breathens fell one by one to you... we'll find the soulstone no matter where "you" hid it.
Reply Quote
Most people are assuming at this point that Leah is having this vision through the eyes of someone else, so it's not likely that she is physically in Azmodan's presence. It's more likely that he is speaking to someone else and Leah has "inhabited" that body kind of like the Harry Potter / Voldermort dynamic.
Reply Quote
I believe Wilson stated they were looking at release 6 months after beta. That would also place it at March which is where I've also believed it would fall into for its release time frame.
Reply Quote
Hopefully we get a release date by mid-late february. or early march
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 09:02 PMPosted by MerLock
I also looked at the Dark Soul Stone cinematic already... is Leah Tyreal? Asmodean keeps referring to her as "you". My breathens fell one by one to you... we'll find the soulstone no matter where "you" hid it.

Oh no... Not this argument again :(
Reply Quote
I had an awful dream last night that they announced the release as Jun 26th.. Feeling completely horrified (that it was so far away) and consoled (that I finally got a date) I jumped on my computer as soon as I woke up. Not seeing a release date or the Anniversary site, I let out a sigh of relief, and a groan of frustration.. But the Anniv site definitely has some awesome info. Enough to make me feel better...for now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]