Diablo® III

Can someone explain to me? RMAH and Korea

Why the game would be delayed because of Korea and RMAH? US servers are not in Korea, the only one that would be an issue would be Korea.

I am lost as to why people think this is a reason.
Reply Quote
Because...

...ALIENS.
Reply Quote
Blizz has said they want a "Global Release" which means everyone gets it on the same day.

Assume for a minute that the game is DONE, to release a game in SK it has to be approved by the GRB(which is a fact) Since Blizzard wants a "Global Release" they have to wait for SK approval or risk not launching in SK day one. Us playing in the USA depends on all the countries approving the game so it can be "global" on day one.
Reply Quote
Because...

...ALIENS.

this pretty much sums it up
Reply Quote
why not just release it with no RMAH in korea.

Reply Quote
01/04/2012 06:18 PMPosted by KhaydarinXxX

I think they threatened us with nukes if that happened.
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 06:18 PMPosted by KhaydarinXxX

This is probably Blizzard's LAST RESORT, they know that South Koreans are used to micro-transactions games and there is TONS of money to be made.
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 06:27 PMPosted by DasGhost

This is probably Blizzard's LAST RESORT, they know that South Koreans are used to micro-transactions games and there is TONS of money to be made.

ya but if the korean government isnt allowing it then in reality there is zero money to be made, and every day it delays launch it is costing blizzard money in RMAH sales throughout the rest of the world. time to cut losses and put RMAH in korea when they vote in a goverment who will allow it
Reply Quote
Blizzard wants to do a simultaneous global release.

This is fact.
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 06:29 PMPosted by KhaydarinXxX
and every day it delays launch

Which purportedly is zero so far.
Reply Quote
ya but if the korean government isnt allowing it then in reality there is zero money to be made, and every day it delays launch it is costing blizzard money in RMAH sales throughout the rest of the world. time to cut losses and put RMAH in korea when they vote in a goverment who will allow it

While I agree with you, and could care less if SK gets RMAH at launch, Blizzard clearly sees value in it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]