Diablo® III

Forum Behavior

The RMAH was in Diablo 2. It was not controlled by Blizzard it was controlled by Happy go lucky "Bot" users. People went offsite to buy these items in an unsecured manner. They would then complain to Blizzard if anything went wrong, because of their own ignorance not Blizzards.

Blizzard is releasing the RMAH so players have a safe way of doing it, because they will do it anyways. They don`t want Bots joining games and spamming there garbage and leaving every 5 minutes. This is one of the things that destroyed Diablo 2 in the end.

Blizzard already stated they will not be making any money on the RMAH, the money will go directly into paying for the services of using it. They even said they might even give a few free transaction now and again, how very generous of them.

------

They game is online for IP protection. You have to go online and input your CD Key to get your account. You have to be logged in to verify you have purchased an official copy of the game.

They do not want people to create a crack for single players and torrent their game the day after release. Offline will cause problems in this department, why would they waste their time anyways. Blizzard games are directed at co-op and online play they have no need for single player anymore because they arn`t restricted like they use to be.

------

They took out the choice of attributes because it is pointless. You can however modify your character with the new Talisman system, has anyone even looked at the content in the game.
This way your character is decently versatile at their current level but have a hint of customization. With the attribute system a player could throw their character way out of balance, but like this they can at least keep it under control and give respec options.

------

The skill system is amazing, far superior to any RPG on the market. Customized skills, the ability to repec anytime. I don`t think there should be any complaining in this department. Blizzard has outdone themselves immensely.

------

The game going to be released when it is ready. Blizzard really has no time to keep answering the same question over and over, they just want to get their work done. Your best option is to pre-order the game. Then you can stop obsessing over the game release and maybe it won`t feel like it is taking so long.
Reply Quote
This is a post complaining about the abundance threads complaining about forum behaviour
Reply Quote
[/quote]And yet you came to the forums to write this...[/quote]

The fact is, people read these forums - and if I can change the opinions of a few people it's worth it. We should be talking about constructive things & when we have questions we should pose them in a constructive manner. Calling Bashiok a liar and being a *@#! to him at every opportunity isn't going to make him tell you the release date ANY faster. Bashiok said that the Korean RMAH isn't holding back the game, so why isn't that good enough for anyone? People are taking opinions off of someones blog and taking them as fact. Doesn't anyone realize that only a small portion, and I mean VERY small portion of the game is playable during beta? Blizzard still has to internally, test, tweak and balance the other 99% of the game.
Reply Quote
My big beef with the forums is that `Chuck Norris`isn`t around to keep everyone in their place. OMG!! Such Tragedy!
Reply Quote
Main problem with this forum is that people are trolling out of anger and all people see is a community of angry people complaining about a game that has not been released yet. I'm not against trolling for fun, but just attacking people personally in every thread kills any discussion that might occur in those topics.

I'm not implying the Diablo community is the nicest community on the web, but it is full of people who like to be creative and maximize the potential out of all of the game features (ultimate replayability). You don't see that on these forums because of the sheer volume of QQ and hostile trolling. I'm afraid that any new player to the Diablo franchise that goes to this forum will not buy the game because of the state of these forums. Maybe we don't need a larger community, but if public games are anything like these forums then I think no one is going to bother to host a public game.

It will get better closer to release time whenever that is, but it is basically a waste of time right now. I've seen too many good ideas (and ideas I didn't agree with, but were fundamentally sound) get trolled off the front page to care about improving the game at this point. I'm just waiting for the game to be released and come here to see if there is any new information.
Reply Quote
01/05/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Dietroit
Ahh another blizzard fan boy. Tbh they really screwed up wow. Sc2 is somewhat unbalanced and the matching system is atrocious and yes I get the fact that its .it made around team games but its still worth mentioning. And D3 is now being held up because of a RMAH that doesnt really benefit anything or anyone except their pockets. Now to my point. I agree with the poster who mentioned that we are the consumer and as such they should appreciate our willingness to devour any product they throw at us. But shouldn't blindly string us along while pretending we don't know the underlying issue and put on a facade as if its not truthful.

Yet another tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist with nothing to back their claims up but disgruntled whines.

WoW isn't screwed up. It's a natural progression of an aging game while wanting to cater to the masses. It doesn't appeal to all, but it appeals to most. Blizzards target is most. I'm sure every developer on this planet would love their "dying" game to still have 10 million active subs though.

Regardless of what is causing the delay, the game isn't finished. To actually make a claim that you know what the delay is, is asinine. Then again I'd argue that a "delay" doesn't even exist, since Blizzard stated early 2012, and it's only January 5th.

Just because they're not telling you what you want to hear, doesn't mean you're being misguided. Blizzard isn't McDonalds or Walmart. "The customer is always right" doesn't apply, so get over the fact that you think you're owed something.

You don't know the underlying issue, that's the hilarious thing. If you can provide some proof, by all means do so. But before you do, keep this in mind: correlation doesn't equal causation, big gunner.

You can call me whatever childish insult you want. Naive. Fanboy. Whatever. The fact is, you know nothing so stop spouting your mouth off like you do.
Edited by Skyfire on 1/5/2012 8:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ahh another blizzard fan boy. Tbh they really screwed up wow. Sc2 is somewhat unbalanced and the matching system is atrocious and yes I get the fact that its .it made around team games but its still worth mentioning. And D3 is now being held up because of a RMAH that doesnt really benefit anything or anyone except their pockets. Now to my point. I agree with the poster who mentioned that we are the consumer and as such they should appreciate our willingness to devour any product they throw at us. But shouldn't blindly string us along while pretending we don't know the underlying issue and put on a facade as if its not truthful.

Yet another tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist with nothing to back their claims up but disgruntled whines.

WoW isn't screwed up. It's a natural progression of an aging game while wanting to cater to the masses. It doesn't appeal to all, but it appeals to most. Blizzards target is most. I'm sure every developer on this planet would love their "dying" game to still have 10 million active subs though.

Regardless of what is causing the delay, the game isn't finished. To actually make a claim that you know what the delay is, is asinine. Then again I'd argue that a "delay" doesn't even exist, since Blizzard stated early 2012, and it's only January 5th.

Just because they're not telling you what you want to hear, doesn't mean you're being misguided. Blizzard isn't McDonalds or Walmart. "The customer is always right" doesn't apply, so get over the fact that you think you're owed something.

You don't know the underlying issue, that's the hilarious thing. If you can provide some proof, by all means do so. But before you do, keep this in mind: correlation doesn't equal causation, big gunner.

You can call me whatever childish insult you want. Naive. Fanboy. Whatever. The fact is, you know nothing so stop spouting your mouth off like you do.

Finally, logic! Everyone here is listening to some shoddy translated "Korean News" from some guys blog that says that Blizzard delayed D3 because of it... Let's get real people - Korea isn't getting insider information on the D3 release date, which seems to be what a lot of this animosity is coming from.

01/05/2012 08:40 AMPosted by iCreep
And the remaining 10% of the people posting on these forums are those like you complaining about complainers.

Ohh, good one! I think it's been said a few times already.
Edited by Erik on 1/5/2012 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is a place for discussion and debate however, I will agree with you. The redundancy (much like the one you just posted) are getting old.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]