Diablo® III

Will you or will you not?

So much controversy over the game right now. Lets just go ahead and ask this loaded question and see if we can get a truthful response.

Will Blizzard launch the game for the rest of the world and then release for S.K. after the dispute is settled assuming it comes to a positive conclusion?

I don't care what the complainers or kiss !@# have to say i want to know what Blizzard has to say.

Will Blizzard possibly have to launch dates, one for the rest of the world and one for South Korea?
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard is certainly thinking about the possibility of launching the game everywhere in the world BUT Korea, and I think that Blizzard is most likely working on removing the RMAH from the Korean version of the game (in order to still have a technically "global" release). This way Blizzard can worry about the Korean GRB later on if they still want to push for a RMAH, and everyone else can get on with the goody goodness that is Diablo III !

Forgive me for speaking my mind against the mighty Gods of Blizzard, I for one, will always love you no matter how critical or cynical I may sound ~<3
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 07:43 PMPosted by CorruptDevil
Will Blizzard possibly have to launch dates, one for the rest of the world and one for South Korea?

I picture a cannon... launching dates. Two of them, seemingly.
Edited by MortQ on 1/4/2012 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
i can just imagine koreans disappearing off the face of the planet because they imported the game from foreign countries illegally and played it by connecting to other servers outside their nation via proxies and their government cracking down on them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Official Blizzard Quote:

Although a global launch of the game is always our preference, I would like to point out that there was not always possible to release the game simultaneously across the world and that this has not stopped the release of the game.

Just think of what happened in China with the expansion of WoW, for example.
Each region has always unique challenges, especially when it comes to business models (Brazil and Russia for StarCraft II) or legal issues (China and South Korea).

Looking back from Blizzard and its release, these issues have directly impacted the date of issue in other regions.

A quote from Zhydaris, a blue in the Italian Forums, translated by our friends at Diablofans.com, stating that in similar situations to the Korean GRB decision, they have chosen to release the game elsewhere on schedule and wait for the issues to be fixed before releasing the game there.

In other words, they will release the game here first, then release it in Korea later should it prove necessary.
Edited by Khaldun on 1/4/2012 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard will do up to their very best to ensure all stakeholders' interest are firmly secured.

But seriously, I do hope to hear some real answer instead of "coming soon" :)

I strongly believe that when the game is out, "angry", "frustrated" players will still get the game, jump into battle.net and start their hacking and slashing.

That is the charisma of Diablo, my childhood sweet(hours of monster killing) memories, I think you, we & they shared the same memory. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Official Blizzard Quote:

Although a global launch of the game is always our preference, I would like to point out that there was not always possible to release the game simultaneously across the world and that this has not stopped the release of the game.

Just think of what happened in China with the expansion of WoW, for example.
Each region has always unique challenges, especially when it comes to business models (Brazil and Russia for StarCraft II) or legal issues (China and South Korea).

Looking back from Blizzard and its release, these issues have directly impacted the date of issue in other regions.

A quote from Zhydaris, a blue in the Italian Forums, translated by our friends at Diablofans.com, stating that in similar situations to the Korean GRB decision, they have chosen to release the game elsewhere on schedule and wait for the issues to be fixed before releasing the game there.

In other words, they will release the game here first, then release it in Korea later should it prove necessary.

so it isnt korea anymore now is it?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
What part of Early 2012 do people not understand? It simply does not matter what the current status of the RMAH or any other part of the game which could be holding it up since they are still within Early 2012.

As far as sooner than you think. Early 2012, depending how you determine this could mean anytime before July. If we don't have a release by July or any further information then by all means go ahead and ask Blizzard for information. Until then go find something else to do and stop it with all these unreasonable demands.
Reply Quote
What part of Early 2012 do people not understand? It simply does not matter what the current status of the RMAH or any other part of the game which could be holding it up since they are still within Early 2012.

As far as sooner than you think. Early 2012, depending how you determine this could mean anytime before July. If we don't have a release by July or any further information then by all means go ahead and ask Blizzard for information. Until then go find something else to do and stop it with all these unreasonable demands.

Ha, this thread isn't asking about a release date try a different thread. This is a different question all together
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Tiick

Yup. They're still well on track to hit the mark they've announced. People that were too optimistic and assumed "early 2012" meant Q1 might be disappointed, but that's their own faults.

But there's no sense in the doom and gloom. It's only January 4th...
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
01/04/2012 08:05 PMPosted by CorruptDevil
Ha, this thread isn't asking about a release date try a different thread. This is a different question all together

They don't need to answer your questions on issues that may be resolved before the game is even ready to be released.

Unless there are unresolved issues which would cause a delay which would push the release further out than early 2012 then they don't need to say anything further than they already have.
Reply Quote
This question has no correlation between the development on the game. I asked if they would do a separate release for South korea.
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 07:43 PMPosted by CorruptDevil
I don't care what the complainers or kiss !@# have to say i want to know what Blizzard has to say.

Lol. That's funny considering that Blizzard has said, MANY times, that the SK RMAH stuff will NOT hold up the game.

Yikes.

Seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

psh you say that like they arent quick to change their mind at a moments notice. it was scheduled for late 2011 and got pushed back at the last second. early 2012 means nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
01/04/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Kangaxx
psh you say that like they arent quick to change their mind at a moments notice. it was scheduled for late 2011 and got pushed back at the last second. early 2012 means nothing.

Since February 2011 they wanted to release the game by late 2011 but then the delay was announced on 23 September that the game would not be released until Early 2012. I wouldn't call that "last second" Early 2012 is still valid until they say otherwise.
Reply Quote
'Early 2012', to me (and most other people), means the game will be released...

January 0% (0% cumulative): not even a faint hope I'm afraid...
February 8% (8% cumulative): surprisingly early but still possible albeit very unlikely
March 22% (30% cumulative): (significantly) more likely than February
April: 40% (70% cumulative): most likely in late april rather than early april
May: 22% (92% cumulative): while disappointing, not out of the realm of possibility
June: 8% (100% cumulative): terribly late for 'early 2012' but still possible albeit very unlikely

July and onwards... either the game is out by this time, or it has been officially delayed a second time... or worse. Knock on wood.

I predict a large wave of beta invites explicitly for the purposes of stress testing. I am not sure exactly when this is going to happen and frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.
Edited by Loren on 1/4/2012 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
As mentioned a million times. While they don't have approval from Korea, that is NOT what is holding them back. The game isn't finished. It's still in development. Maybe they found some new bugs, or are still adding content, polishing etc., who knows. By the time the game is finished, hopefully they will have approval. In the very unlikely event that approval is not granted by the time they are ready, then I'd assume they will split the dates. A company like blizzard likes to release well polished games and on a massive scale. I'm thinking they won't announce a release date until they have completed their final copy and are getting ready for distribution. They just aren't there yet. I'm glad they are fixing whatever needs fixing instead of release a subpar game. This game is expected to be played for many years to come, so it has to be done well.
Edited by Adam on 1/4/2012 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]